PDA

View Full Version : Round 3: Lake Havasu

adrenalinefreak
02-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Just wondering who is planning on being there. I will be there! Cannot wait. Just finished my first race yesterday.

How is the track? Lots of whoops? It should be pretty hot or at least nice!

If you are racing this round, which class?

I'll be racing the womens B/C class.

CannondaleRider
02-27-2006, 03:47 PM
We'll all be there.

Hopefully krash and my sister will have a bike together in time

I'm ready to roll:macho

ACEwrench
02-27-2006, 04:15 PM
ill be out there with my dale as well...i cant wait!!!:D

CannondaleRider
02-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Right on!!!, more Cannondales in WORCS is a great thing:D

What class are you running?

WORCS 133
02-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Production A, Open A and 30 A

ACEwrench
02-28-2006, 09:57 AM
open C im a newbie at racing, im a wrench by trade.

400grl
02-28-2006, 10:07 AM
I SHOULD be there......(I didn't make the AGP due to family stuff going on at the last minute)......

I will be racing Women's A and the team race on Saturday with my husband if they have it (team races are FUN!)- if they split the team race into classes, then ours will be the Pro class.......I'm hoping Doug E. doesn't feel frisky enough to race a team race after racing all day! LOL!!! :) Or any of those guys! hahahahaha!

out4sand
02-28-2006, 04:38 PM
I'll be there, running in Open B & Vet 30 B. I'll be traveling down with a few other Washington folks.

adrenalinefreak
02-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Very cool...

I'm not sure if we are just going to drive down the day of the race or not. My race starts at 3pm on Saturday. I guess it depends on if we (my boyfriend and I) stay with anybody. Our friends might be racing, but no guarantees.

Adelanto was nice...Corry...It started raining a bit at the start of the quad race but stopped after a few minutes which was nice because it watered down the track and cut down on the dust..very good visability.

Couple crashes and marriages between two quads...(they got stuck together). Overall pretty good turnout...

Cannot wait for Havasu. Any tips on the track?

WORCSYFZ199
03-05-2006, 10:53 PM
just make sure you bring tons of water and endurance cause you're going to need it, that course is all sand and gets ROUGH quick so yeah hope you practiced some endurance, if you run more than one class a day you will probably hate life lol

adrenalinefreak
03-06-2006, 09:48 AM
I had no idea it was sand...do people run their paddle tires? Sorry if dumb question but I hear said and think Paddle tires.

Probably not.

I need tires really bad!! Trying to work it out to where I can get some before the race. Mine are the stock tires I got with it a year and a half ago. Half a cm from begin bald.

Looks like if I do get a set of rear tires its going to be the itp holeshot because they are the only ones at work that will fit my wheel.

adrenalinefreak
03-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks Dkelley

Do they do sales down there for the tires?

Do they mount them there for you?

I may just end up getting the holeshots here at work...wanted the Maxxis Razr2 for the rear but it doesn't look like its going to work out that way!

What tires do you recommend for the front and rear? I've heard some people who run different styles in the front than they do in the rear...

I just want a tire that is going to add to my bite and ability to move on the track...obviously any knubby tire at this point is going to be an improvement!

But which is the best setup for worcs races? Since I plan on doing at least 4 of their races I figure I should gear my bike towards what I need for them.

adrenalinefreak
03-06-2006, 03:21 PM
I will be racing the Womens B/C class on Saturday at 3pm. My number is 143. Bright yellow 400ex. I'm pretty sure I am going to get my butt kicked on the endurance part but bring it on. I had a blast out at Adelanto.

F-16Guy
03-06-2006, 05:16 PM
My wife and I will be there. We missed Taft because of work and mechanical problems, but I definitely want to hit this one. I think we're going to stay at Crazy Horse campgrounds. I'll be racing a red 416ex, #46.

WORCSYFZ199
03-08-2006, 09:26 AM
well havasu is sand but it's not like real fine sand it's rocky thicker desert type sand, but it gets rough real quick, also for tires since WORCS has the Maixxis contigency you should run their itres, plus they look good and last a pretty much a season of WORCS races, this is my 2nd season on my fronts. I run 21' RAZR2 on the front and 20' RAZR 6 plys on the rear and this set-up works good and is used my most GNCC and WORCS pro's who run Maxxis, you can buy and mount tires at the track now that Maxxis will be there.

adrenalinefreak
03-08-2006, 10:12 AM
I am pretty sure I am giong to buy the tires there, but I am skeptical as to whether or not they charge more at the track. The dilemma for me is I can get them for a pretty good price from work but I have to order them from Parts Unlimited and that means they will not be here for the race...

Do you know how much they usually go for out at the track? Oh well...I guess...

I'm probably just going to get the rears for now anyway...I'll order the fronts after the race, unless I get one hell of a deal out there!

ACEwrench
03-09-2006, 05:44 PM
welp see everybody saturday good luck, drive safe!!!:D

adrenalinefreak
03-11-2006, 07:31 PM
I am pretty upset at the events from today.

Thanks to Mapquest we went an hour and a half past where we should have and also some other bad directions.

To cut a very long story short I missed my race. I pulled up at 3:07pm but wait it gets better..it was actually 4:07pm ( time difference, even our GPS said 3:07pm) So I missed my race...

I was really upset...I'd been looking forward to it for awhile! Definitely one of the worst days...nothing went right!

I hope you all had better luck than me....

I'm going to be at race town...I just wish it wasn't so far away...

I also got new tires for the race...ended up going with the ITP Holeshot...and Carter Powersports picked me up for sponsorship...

F-16Guy
03-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Well, we just got back a little while ago. The racing was pretty sweet, but it was COLD on Saturday! The track was a lot of fun. It was rough, but not too bad. I liked the desert part, but the motocross part was too short. There were pretty much no good jumps. I did pretty well; second in Production B, so I'm happy about that. I thought I was in the lead, but I found out later that I was in second by almost two minutes! Oh, well, I still had a great time.

WORCSYFZ199
03-13-2006, 07:38 AM
yeah I had a blast, I was running in 4th in Open A and moved into 3rd and one of the slower Duncan pros I caught up to knocked me into a tree, so that screwed up my finish from 3rd to 8th which was a bummer. On Sunday in my 15-29 A sport race though I was feeling good, got a bad start like usual and was last out of the A riders, but in the end I passed all of them and ended up 1st overall, I even passed up the 30+ A guys who started the row in front of me, I was just feeling good and never let up, plus my quad was woriking so good, it was a fun weekend!

CannondaleRider
03-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by d kelley
I also slammed some guy who cut in to me while being TOWED ON THE TRACK DURING THE RACE in the sand whoops right before the water. It got me stuck and cost me a podium finish in open B.

I think I may know the guy who "cut into you". Was it the 181 '06 450R? Were you on a blue YFZ, getting stuck sideways on the track?

If so, that was a friend of mine who was getting towed out, opposed to sitting in narrow trails in the way for the whole race. We have the whole incident on video... you had plenty of time to see him, and see that he was getting towed. You actually rode behind him for a little bit, then it looks as if you were trying to pass him, before clipping him. If you would have settled down for about another 10 feet, he would have been out of the way for you to keep going. Instead, you rear-ended him... not sure how that would help that situation at all, especially considering he was getting towed. So, he didn't cost you the podium finish.. your impatience cost you the podium finish.

WORCSYFZ199
03-13-2006, 03:05 PM
well the thing is that a person should not be being towed on a race course in the middle of a race that is still going on, they need to get their bike off the track and wait until the race is over because this kind of stuff happens, it seems like it was the impatience of your friend or maybe the sweep rider who was eager to tow him, but I've been broken before and had to push my bike off the track and wait until it was over unless I was right near the pits and didn't have to be towed on the actual track during the race, sounds like it was a mistake on the rider who towed him, you know damn well if this kind of thing ruined Eichner's race it would be a different story. But the thing is that it is a race to the checkers and why should someone have to work their @$$ off to better their position and gain time on the person behind them only to have to wait behind a vehicle being towed on the track, loosing all the time you worked hard to gain on them, it's like punsihment for someone else breaking down and it's not right so, I think that if you're broken you shouldn't be towed until after the race is over unless you can do so without interfering with the track and the race itself.

WORCSYFZ199
03-13-2006, 05:36 PM
yeah and I know what you mean cause it's a race to the checkers so you have to do your best but when someone who isn't even in the race anymore is holding someone up who is racing it's just not right. He should have moved his bike off the track (I know it was a tight track in some spots but ANYWHERE on the track could accomadate 2 quads if the broken one was push off to the side except maybe in the S-turn section but then it wouldn't be an issue because they wouldn't have to be towed on the track) anyways they should have waited to tow him like they have always done in the past, your impatience kind of screwed you up but that's racing I guess, I mean I got around Waters in Open A and wanted to put Gillespie behind me and in front of Waters to hold him up and I got impatient and jumped down next to him and tried to pass and he stuffed me into the tree, maybe not even on purpose maybe cause he was tired and couldn't control his bike in the rough sand when I did that (cause I could tell he was riding tired) but it happened and screwed my points but that's how it goes, we'll just have to ride more with Josh and get our skill up and show them what's what and check out and not look back. :macho

adrenalinefreak
03-16-2006, 11:02 PM
DKelley,

When are you guys going out next to ride at the tracj you were telling me about. As I am typing this I just realized I should have just PMed you, but this will do.

We are going out to Overton on Saturday. I can't wait!!