PDA

View Full Version : I need to know if the big gun race slip on is loud? (400ex)

yellow400
07-18-2002, 08:46 PM
I want to get a pipe but before i get it, i want to know how loud it is. So how loud is the big gun race slip on??

thanks

Dave400ex
07-18-2002, 08:54 PM
The Big Guns are loud Pipes. If you are worried about sound then maybe look for a different Pipe. I know the T-4 and HMF are also loud.

Matt400ex_17
07-18-2002, 09:12 PM
Yes the big gun race slip is loud just put one on today as a matter of fact it is comparable to if you take your spark arrestor out but it sounds better!! Great PIPE

bansheeguy77
07-19-2002, 08:43 AM
i have the big gun complete race series pipe...it is loud but it sounds really good so u wont get sick of it. they sent i guess it was a quiet core with it...it tones it down and makes it more tolerable if ur just out cruisin like in the woods and trying to get away from it all....either way its a good pipe.

yellow400
07-19-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
i have the big gun complete race series pipe...it is loud but it sounds really good so u wont get sick of it. they sent i guess it was a quiet core with it...it tones it down and makes it more tolerable if ur just out cruisin like in the woods and trying to get away from it all....either way its a good pipe.

Do you always have to have the quiet core in....Like does it come with it already in? or can i take it in and out

yellow400
07-19-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
The Big Guns are loud Pipes. If you are worried about sound then maybe look for a different Pipe. I know the T-4 and HMF are also loud.

I talked to a guy when i called BIG gun, and he said that it isn't loud, just a little louder than stock. Was he just saying that?? so i didn't think that it was real loud or what?

bansheeguy77
07-19-2002, 10:48 AM
its not like its gonna make u deff or anything...but yes it is louder than stock...mines probably about i dunno around 100db? nah man the quiet core comes in a little baggy. the race series is basically a straight pipe with nothing in there theres packing and **** but no screens or anything. the quiet core is like a piece of like screen. u take the end cap off its 3 allen screws very easy to take off and just put the screen in bolt her back up in minutes very easy. it kinda tones it down makes it less throaty....i like the sound alot. and no i take the core out for the track or when i wanna piss ppl off

FullBore52
07-19-2002, 11:13 AM
I had mine tested one day just for the **** of it at a race track, it was like 106? 105? No spark arrestor on a high compression big bore motor with oversize valves...maybe thats why? lol

RUFIO
07-19-2002, 11:20 AM
is the big gun or t-4 louder then the white brothers?

07-19-2002, 11:46 AM
put it this way, tell a girl to scream as loud as she can right
in your ear about 3 inches away.that is as loud as a big gun exh. about 10 feet away but just a lower tune.

TRFOXX
07-19-2002, 03:21 PM
The Big Gun is only loud when you put the hammer down so if you need to sneak down the road youll be OK but when you really tie into the throttle it's Loud!!

07-19-2002, 05:01 PM
Somebody asked if a Big gun and T-4 are louder than a white brothers, that is a yes.

Dave400ex
07-19-2002, 07:46 PM
The Big Gun should be fine. It is no Racing Pipe. I would like to have mine tested to see what it is.

bansheeguy77
07-19-2002, 09:00 PM
its not like deadly loud but it is loud like he said when ur on it. the race series is a racing pipe. on the book that comes with it it says for use on closed courses only so that gave me the idea it was loud. but its not like your going to hate it casue it sounds very good trust me. put the core in and just keep rpm low and it will sound a lil louder than stock with a better sound...then open it up and it rocks...u wont be disappointed. i still cant get my jetting on though. the dealers said that with just the pipe stock jetting is good but i put a kn on to and its off now i dont get it.