PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 660 vs. 700

raptor brothers
02-26-2006, 08:37 PM
My brother & I bought new 05 Raptor 660 1 1/2 years ago(we have about 150 hr. ride time on them).I just traded mine in on a 50 anv. addition 700 in begining of Feb.We have a 1/4 mile dirt drag strip our dad's farm.700 wins every time an I wiegh 20 extra pounds.I even gave him a two quad length head start and one.I'm not knocking the 660's I love them.The wierd thing is the 660 feels so much stronger.The 700 has a very smooth power delivery & is very quiet(decieving power).My other brother has a 04 yfz 450 it's close every time & we trade wins(but I wiegh 75 pounds more than him).How are you other raptor 700's doing against other yfz 450's?

250r4life
02-26-2006, 10:31 PM
i have yet to see a 700 at the dunes that i have been impressed with... or be beaten by... i'm anxious to see when people start gettng them modded and get the whole FI dialed in and what not... i also am wondering if part of the reason i havent been impressed with the new 700 is most of the aggressive riders have opted for a 450? who knows... my buddy has one and has ordered a pipe and computer and what not, so i will take his for a spin soon and see how it goes with me riding it...

raptor brothers
02-27-2006, 07:20 AM
250r4life,The only dunes I've been to are in Ind.(bad lands)with my 660.I found a cool web page with alot of dune video(www.dunereview.com/videoes.htm)they have some good sand drag video's.I to love two strokes, used to have a kx 250.Times are changing have to go with the flow.This is the banshee's last year.Is a 89 trx 250 a two stroke?If it isn't I don't know how it can beat a 660 or a 700.Even a banshee would have a better chance.If you can ever make it to Ind. My brother & I would love to meet you thier & show you the power of the raptors with good riders.

250r4life
02-27-2006, 09:55 AM
i failed to catch the point of your post. it seemed like you were trying to make a point, but never really did. and i am not meaning to be rude in the slightest.

450rJam
02-27-2006, 04:04 PM
is the 89 250r a two stroke ? he wonders if the most famous and most winning atv ever built, and until the last few years the most searched for quad, the reason they now mandate racers use production models. oh yep its 2 stroke.

250r4life
02-27-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
i failed to catch the point of your post. it seemed like you were trying to make a point, but never really did. and i am not meaning to be rude in the slightest.

dido to your post too... can you guys explain your thought a little better???

4punksdad
02-28-2006, 07:12 PM
I just don't see the 250 R smoking a stock or otherwise 700 raptor in any drag race unless the raptor is ridden by a totally inexperienced rider.............

Was this thread comparing a 250R to a Raptor? Oh yeah, thats right...............NO:rolleyes:

450rJam
02-28-2006, 08:29 PM
nope not about 250r even though you messaged about it also............. and you be hard pressed to find a stock 250r

250r4life
02-28-2006, 10:04 PM
i dont know why 4punksdad has to be a punk... no, the question was not about the raptor vs the 250r, i simply said i hadnt been beaten by one for the sake of comparing, since i have lost a race or 2 to a 450, but i have yet to been beat by a 700r... 4punks dad- you're always talking quite a bit of smack... i would sure love to get a video of me racing to shut you up real quick... if i had a cam corder you could beleive i would... i'd gurantee you wouldnt smoke me like you say/think you would..
i would love to race you on my R and my buddies yfz- you would talk a little more respetfully then...

yes it would be hard to find a stock R, and 100% stock to 100%, i wouldnt argue at all that the raptor is faster... however, i beleive that if i took my stock original jug, and threw it back on my by bottom end and threw a new 246cc piston in there, that i would be able to hang with the new raptors...

i do have all the stock parts for my R though, so we could go back and do a stock to stock comparison... anywho...

and i was just asking for clarification/elaboration form 450rjam & raptor brothers, cuz i did not understand their posts whatsoever...

4punksdad
03-01-2006, 05:56 AM
250R, you are a twerp. I have owned & ridden more bikes than you will ever ride and I speak from experience.........not the trash you talk. Go play in the 250R forum. I guarantee you wouldn't be running that pie hole if you were standing in front of me. That internet connection seems to make you a man.

250r4life
03-01-2006, 09:33 AM
i dont speak from experience?
hey well if you or anybody else on here wants to verify it, i am at gordons well sand dunes pretty much every other weekend. i am patton valley racing the hill for about an hour in the morning, an hour in the early afternoon, i often go to the drags in the late afternoon, and i am at comp hill every night. i have an 89 250r with the original plastic, and have shaved them. ive also got a 6 pack rack with a gallon of gas in the back... i'm not hard to spot. i'm always with my buddy on his blue 06 yfz 450... he has an hmf pipe, and we both run sandstars. he has a number 6 on the back of his bike. like i said, anybody want to come and see if i'm just running my mouth, thats where i'm always at...

95% of the time, its either my buddy or i that wins the heat... ive been down there several weekends when the only race ive lost has been to my buddy...

man, i'm not trying to talk bad about the raptor- the raptor is a great bike. i am going to get one soon for a 2nd bike for my lady and or buddies to ride. however, for drags (flat or up the hill), teh 450 is faster... and that is from experience- 4+ hours of racing/watching racing a day at the dunes, and i figure ive spent about 30 days at the dunes this season... thats 120 plus hours for you 4punksdad, in case you had problems with the math

Racing Rice
03-01-2006, 10:23 AM
250r4life,

It think what he was wanting to know is... How long have you been riding and how much experience do you have on other quads? Incase you didn't understand him either.:huh :D

Please tell me you have more then 120+ hours of experience.

QuadJunkies
03-01-2006, 10:36 AM
i dont know why 4punksdad has to be a punk... no, the question was not about the raptor vs the 250r, i simply said i hadnt been beaten by one for the sake of comparing, since i have lost a race or 2 to a 450, but i have yet to been beat by a 700r... 4punks dad- you're always talking quite a bit of smack... i would sure love to get a video of me racing to shut you up real quick... if i had a cam corder you could beleive i would... i'd gurantee you wouldnt smoke me like you say/think you would..
i would love to race you on my R and my buddies yfz- you would talk a little more respetfully then...

yes it would be hard to find a stock R, and 100% stock to 100%, i wouldnt argue at all that the raptor is faster... however, i beleive that if i took my stock original jug, and threw it back on my by bottom end and threw a new 246cc piston in there, that i would be able to hang with the new raptors...

i do have all the stock parts for my R though, so we could go back and do a stock to stock comparison... anywho...

and i was just asking for clarification/elaboration form 450rjam & raptor brothers, cuz i did not understand their posts whatsoever...

This is my 2nd reported topic that you have stirred up trouble in.. THIS THE ONLY WARNING YOU WILL GET :grr:

250r4life
03-01-2006, 11:01 AM
man you need to lighten up... how are you going to get on me? people ask questions and ask for opinions, i answer them and give my opinions, and people respond with smart *** answers... how does that make me the trouble maker?
did i insult anybody? no... i dont know what you are warning me against.

have i done anything that 4punksdad hasnt done? nope, and he was the initiator...

and yes, i have much more time than 120 hours... the 120 + hours was 120 hours of me either racing or watching races between the new 450s, 700s, etc... and just for the record my very 1st bike was a honda 200s atc... i'm not one of the newbies that just barely got into the quad scene...
i have owned a 200s, an 82 250r, an 84 250r, an 85 250r, an 89 trx 250r, a warrior, a banshee, a kx 250... i dont remember what else, i might have forgotten something... i know i havent owned as much as 4punks, but ive been around a while too, and have ridden and worked on a lot of other bikes as well...

QuadJunkies
03-01-2006, 11:11 AM
man you need to lighten up... how are you going to get on me? people ask questions and ask for opinions, i answer them and give my opinions, and people respond with smart *** answers... how does that make me the trouble maker?
did i insult anybody? no... i dont know what you are warning me against.

have i done anything that 4punksdad hasnt done? nope, and he was the initiator...

and yes, i have much more time than 120 hours... the 120 + hours was 120 hours of me either racing or watching races between the new 450s, 700s, etc... and just for the record my very 1st bike was a honda 200s atc... i'm not one of the newbies that just barely got into the quad scene...
i have owned a 200s, an 82 250r, an 84 250r, an 85 250r, an 89 trx 250r, a warrior, a banshee, a kx 250... i dont remember what else, i might have forgotten something... i know i havent owned as much as 4punks, but ive been around a while too, and have ridden and worked on a lot of other bikes as well...

Go back and read ALL of past posts. I think ALL will agree they dont like your comments. You need to Re-think before you post.I see more than just YOUR OPINION being posted. Your filthy mouth was in question the last posting I had to clean up ... Save it for a PM not on the boards

Im not here to argue, You have been asked to pipe it down abit I suggest you do so .

Im sure the other moderators will agree with me also on this one .

QuadJunkies
03-01-2006, 11:17 AM

LOL!!

Not being rude Eh??? Gee- I wonder what else it would be called... :rolleyes:

250r4life
03-01-2006, 11:36 AM
no, i really wasnt trying to be rude- honest... i have read those 2 posts several times, and until now i could not figure out what in the world they were trying to say. im not trying to clown, but their grammar was a little off, and like i said im not trying to clown, as i know sometimes i get excited and i think faster than i type, and it may not be grammatically perferct..

it appears that raptor brothers was trying to say if the 250r wasnt a 2 stroke (as it sounds like he was unsure) it would get smoked, as would be true, and 450rjam answered in a weird way that yes it was a 2 stroke... like i said, i had read it several times, and it is just barely starting to make sense to me...

i was honestly asking for clarification/explanation, i apologize if i came across as being sarcastic...

250r4life
03-01-2006, 11:41 AM
ps- i'll admit that in that other yfz post i was out of line, wickedinhere was popping off and i let him get to me, i was provoked, but thats not an excuse... sorry if your kids read that... this post, however, i feel i'm no more guilty than the next guy. yah i know youre not hear to argue... thats the problem with writing for communication, as there is a lot of room left for misinterpretation...

QuadJunkies
03-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Raptor Brothers~
Im sorry your topic got so messed up..
I would suggest starting another topic and lets keep that one respectful please:ermm: