PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

USAF Dirtboy
02-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Ok guys here is the situation, last weekend I just got my quad back from honda where they installed for me a 12:1 HC piston and a sparks aggressive cam. I rode it soon after and it ran great...but today I was at the track, giving her hell. I was there for about an hour or so when all of a sudden i couldnt shift into second. It was stuck in first, and this happened in the middle of the track and therefor i had to ride the rest of it in 1st. So I bring it back to the truck and was look at it. The shifter wasnt bent, it still moved but wouldnt shift... after about 15 min of KICKING the hell out of the tire(the rest costs too mush $ to kick), I kicked it over to see if that did anything...nothing yet so i brought it back to the truck and shut it off. waited another 5 min and kicked it over...then the damndest thing happened...it got unstuck, and havent had a problem with it since I rode a couple more laps and then went to the local sand pit to try it out again and nothing. Has this ever happened to any of you guys, or do you know what the problem is...please help..Im worried about my honda:confused:

USAF Dirtboy
02-26-2006, 09:32 PM
bump

02-26-2006, 09:37 PM
bent shift fork? its a hard job to fix im pretty sure and quite costly...kinda common on the 450r's..talk to these people

http://****************.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=3293&pid=38393&st=0&#entry38393