PDA

View Full Version : GNCC tires

400exrules
02-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Ive got 22'' holeshot XCT's for rear tires now, and i ride pretty rough trails......lots of mud, log crossings, and all kinds of crap. Im gonna need to replace them soon so ive been looking at different tires. I dont really want a 22'' tire again because it is power robbing, but it does provide good clearance, which i like. Im thinking about getting the maxxis IRazr. Anyone know anything about them? How are they in mud? How well do they hook up? Puncture resistant?
and what size tires are Ballance and Yokley and them using? it looks like 20's to me, but they never seem to have clearance issues

coryatver
02-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Check this out
http://www.gtthunder.com/rear_irazr.htm

hardkoratvmxr
02-26-2006, 06:48 PM
All of the pros pretty much stay at 22 for the front and 20 for the rear and by the looks of it razr 2 fronts and regular razr 6ply rears are the hot thing

prepracing
02-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
All of the pros pretty much stay at 22 for the front and 20 for the rear and by the looks of it razr 2 fronts and regular razr 6ply rears are the hot thing

actually alot of them run 21"s in the front on dry races and switch to 22"s for muddy races that will have deep rut issues. Ballance does the 21"s front and switches to 22"s for muddy conditions. And usually goes to Irazr rears for muddy races. But yeah all of them run 20" rears. Yokely runs ITP tires and I think they're the old XC tires, but with tireballs he doesn't have to worry about flats :macho As far as ground clearance goes they are usually going so fast they are just hovering and rarely touch the ground :blah:

400exrules
02-28-2006, 03:04 PM
bump

prepracing
02-28-2006, 07:42 PM
after seeing the pics of the new GNCC holeshot tires, they definitly look like the way to go....finally holeshot has a good looking front tire to go with the good rear tires they have always had. They said they will be available mostlikely at the 1st GNCC race this year, which is Sunday Mar. 5th. And if not there definitly by the 2nd GNCC race on Mar.11 in GA.

02-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
Anyone know anything about them? How are they in mud? How well do they hook up? Puncture resistant?
and what size tires are Ballance and Yokley and them using? it looks like 20's to me, but they never seem to have clearance issues

the i-razr is a great tire, most likely one of the best tires to have for the mud, and being they are radials, get insane amounts of traction, as for puncture resistance it is great being they are a tough 6 ply tire, almost all the pros run 20'' rear tires, yokely runs itp not maxxis

also just so you know, being it is a radial it will not get as good of traction in probably 5-6 races, but it will still be a decent tire, i chose to run the Maxxis Razr for the dry, and Razr2 for the mud, but that is just me

also for clearance issues, most of the pros, and myself cut the rear skid plate, you can see the andy lagdins bike build thread to see how, this way it will clear the linkage and allow for more clearance, you can also raise the ride height to allow a steeper angle on the skid plate for less drag