PDA

View Full Version : which big bore kit is better???

Raptor350yamaha
02-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Its time to get one the predator just isnt as much fun as it used to be. Which one would put out the most power, WRH, Max Rpm, Max Rpm water cooled cylinder kit, or Hetrick 54mm non-ported. later i will the biggest stroker crank i can get.

LT80
02-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Big bore and power. Mostly misunderstood IMO.
Big cc's dont exactly mean big power.
Proper carb flows, compression, and porting is where power/rpm's/speed is attained.
A stroked crank (from 42 to 45mm) is only .060 farther up and .060 farther down. I'm still not convinced that .060 of more transfer flow makes sliced bread any better. Others will disagree I'm sure.
I do think a properly ported 82cc motor will whoop on any non ported big bore/stroked motor.
Food for thought. :)
Most of the above mentioned ppl can do a good job.
maybe I can be so bold and add me to the list. ?! :)

markvette
02-27-2006, 05:10 PM
sorry jack i agree and dissagree. i agree that bolting a big bore on will do very little for power. i dissagree about the stroker part. bubba has run a stroker for almost 3 years now. first a 47/54 and now a 48/54. i have yet to see a 98 to 90cc motor hold a candle to it. also it is actually very mild. 48mm crank, 54mm cylinder with the exhaust cleaned up, wrh pipe, cut stock stator, 28mm carb, stock dad massaged clutch, stock dad massaged variator, 180psi of compression. there are only 2 other quads we have ran against that are stronger, both are bigger strokers, both have lots of porting and both have full aftermarket clutch, variator and pully set ups. just my opinion and experiance.

Mark

Raptor350yamaha
02-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the replys guys. i think im gonna go with the WRH because i have heard they have really good costomer service and could point me in the right direction.

QuadJunkies
02-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Raptor350yamaha
Thanks for the replys guys. i think im gonna go with the WRH because i have heard they have really good costomer service and could point me in the right direction.

You wont be dissapointed ;)

LT80
03-01-2006, 08:30 AM
That's why i noted a 42 to 45 stroke.
I agree billy will hook ya up in good shape. :)