PDA

View Full Version : Fourtrax 300 4x4 start up problems

Rip_Tear
07-18-2002, 07:19 PM
I wasnt sure where to post this so here it goes. About a week ago I was riding around and the 300 quit once and studdered twice, I didnt think anything of it. I went swimming and came back to find out that the 300 would not start... not by kick or electric. I have no spark when I try to kick or electric start it, it turns over, the coil is not gone, neither is the CDI. I can put it in 4th gear and push start it no problem(just six inches and its running). Does anyone know what this is? I have checked most of the wires and it doesnt make sense, because I can push start it, so everything is working? and ideas?

Thanks

Rip_Tear
07-18-2002, 07:45 PM
It is not the selenoid either.

bigbadbrad
07-19-2002, 12:08 PM
hey riptear you still having problems with you 300 4x4 too? i have my dads alltorn apart wires every wheres tank off and we check all kinds of stuff on it and nothing is showing up. well godd luck with the wrenching.

Rip_Tear
07-19-2002, 04:09 PM
I am trying, it sparks every time when I push it around. It fired once when I hit the electric start, but it did not run. The selenoid clicks and has power running through it. I have no idea what it is. I dont want to bring it to the dealers though, such as waste of money. I have checked all the wires, I have taken everything off, up to and including the carb. Nothing is turning up. I am thinking of going to my friends grampa's and switching parts around to see if it is something like that, but that is even a hassel. Well if anyone knows anything Please post it.

What is a stator? Please post a pic of one, I am not sure exactly about this peice, what is it and what does it do? Thanks

flyin#5
07-21-2002, 10:01 AM
it might be the starter. i had the same problem with my 350 4by. almost 300$ for a new one.

racin 400
07-22-2002, 09:47 AM
I have a 300 4x4 and it done something like that before.
I bought a new inition and never did it again.By the way mine is a 97 dont know the diff in the years.