PDA

View Full Version : My baby is bleeding!

450RGNCC
02-26-2006, 01:46 PM
last fall I finished my 330r project, and after it was all together, I realized that I had not taken enough powder coat off from around the motor to get a good ground, so since then I have let it sit because I have just not had any time to work on it. so, finally today I decided to pull the motor and take off more powdercoat, but when I pulled the pipe off, I realized that it was filled with antifreeze. I wanted to cry. There was a pretty good amount of antifreeze in the pipe, so I looked down into the cylinder through the spark plug hole, expecting to see alot of coolant, but there were only a few little drips. So im pretty sure that the o-rings for my ct330 head just went bad or broke, im not sure yet, do you guys think that is what happened? I am using dex-cool antifreeze if that makes any difference, and I was also wondering if i need to change the oil once I fix the problem, because there might be coolant in it? Thanks for any advice.

dsaint77
02-26-2006, 04:47 PM
if your head gasket is bad then the crank would have to get some coolant in it to go into your exhaust. you might want to check to see if there is coolant in the base too. (crank area). It does sound like a head gasket.

As far as the coolant in the oil. The only way for coolant to get in the oil is through the water pump seal. Since coolant only flows around the jug, there is no way for it to get into the gear box unless it is leaking around the water pump shaft which is driven from your crank.

Hope this helps.

Adam

After rereading your post I see that your machine sat over the winter. I would hope that you did have a 50//50 mix of antifreeze and then nothing froze up and caused a crack someplace around the exhaust port. After market cylinders cool the exhaust area too.

450RGNCC
02-26-2006, 05:56 PM
ok, thanks for the info, and yes i did have 50/50 mix, plus it is in heated garage, so im pretty sure that nothing froze.