PDA

View Full Version : wrist pin bearing

jcas
02-26-2006, 11:51 AM
I am replacing the piston on an 05 450R after the piston locked up this weekend (bent ring) with a higher compression piston. I was wondering if there is a needle bearing for the wrist pin? I took the piston off and there was no bearing. Is this how it's supposed to be? Thanks

jcas
02-26-2006, 11:53 AM
bump

bpimpdaddy21
02-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by jcas
I am replacing the piston on an 05 450R after the piston locked up this weekend (bent ring) with a higher compression piston. I was wondering if there is a needle bearing for the wrist pin? I took the piston off and there was no bearing. Is this how it's supposed to be? Thanks

Yep, two strokes have wristpin bearings I believe, but the four strokes don't have one as the wristpin is lubricated by the oil beneath the piston. Two strokes do not have any oil in the combustion chamber, and therefore need the bearing which is lubricated by the oil in the gas. If I am wrong, someone correct me, if not, glad I could help!

compedge
02-26-2006, 07:47 PM
There's no bearing in there. Youd better look a little deeper. Your crank bearing can go and wedge the piston also. The 04-05 have a bearing and crank problem. Do a search lots of info.