PDA

View Full Version : XC racing Kaseas

Johnny & Monica
02-26-2006, 10:04 AM
Whats everybody running for XC??? rear tires , sprockets , Stock width or 2 plus ?
We`re running a ported cylinder ligthened clucth Bigger ported out intake an a 28mm carb runs awesome. But we`re also running 2+ with the 18 snow hog style rears with 19 inch holeshots on the fronts an full Elkas an it seems we`re getting high centered in the bigger quad tracks , But this thing rips over the log`s an up the steep hill climbs We`re basicly building it for XC thougth , So whats everyone else running for xc ?

bigdaddy
02-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Hey Johnny, Sounds like pretty much the same combo as Tylers 90 . One sugesstion is the Hetrick airbox or relocate the air filter if it is still on the carb. It will save you alot of problems with water and mud.

Johnny & Monica
02-26-2006, 09:07 PM
I got a Hetricks airbox on the way :D

bigdaddy
02-27-2006, 10:43 AM
What gas are you running? Also what roller weights are you running. Tylers seems to have slowed down on takeoff some. Dont know if its a clutching issue or if the motor is getting tired.

Johnny & Monica
03-12-2006, 05:18 PM
John we went with the 3grms an 4 grms for 21 grams works great with the yellow spring .

bigdaddy
03-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I got some differant size rollers from Hetrick. Now I got to get well enough to get out and work on it. We have alot to do in a short time. Walking on crutches sucks:mad: . Hopefully we can get out and work on it this week. Thanks for the info. See you in a few weeks at the Farm.

Johnny & Monica
03-12-2006, 08:20 PM
If you need any thing in a rush I get you weiigths carbs cylinders elictrical ect. in stock 25 min. from my house in smithville also as all gaskets let me know I can pick it up an ship it out for ya ;)

IOWAracer
03-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Hey Johnny Post a pic of this beast:macho

Broc

Johnny & Monica
03-12-2006, 08:52 PM
There coming apart rigth now getting the frames powdercoated red but heres what Taylors will look like before pc`ed frame

Johnny & Monica
03-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Chances will be this with red pc`ed frame . Still need to mount pro-pegs an but the 2+ ant-vibe stem in .

bigdaddy
03-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Good looking quads. Thanks for the offer. It sure would be nice to be able to get parts that quick. We wanted to put on the Hetrick b52 kit but dont have the time or spare change right now. I figured the ported and polished cylinder and head would give Tyler some more power since he is getting to big for the 90. Does your place you get parts from have this setup? Thanks, Jon

Johnny & Monica
03-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Yes he`s got a shelf full of new cylinders he ports an new cranks a wall full of carbs Sell s outta is house Hes got about everything in stock . Its great to be able to just drive there an look around let me know if your ever in a pinich an need something fast .

IOWAracer
03-13-2006, 08:15 PM
MAN JOHNNY:eek2: those things are nicer than anything ive ever owned looking good i wil be rootin them on. You gonna go to the Farm on saturday if so could i fallow u up?

Broc

Johnny & Monica
03-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Maybe Fri. nigth so we`re there sat. morning for the mx stuff :D

bigdaddy
03-14-2006, 12:20 PM
If you get some time check with him on a ported cylinder and head to see the cost. Probably need a bigger carb too. We are running a 20mm kehien right now. Let me know. Thanks , Jon

bigdaddy
03-14-2006, 12:23 PM
One other thing, You might want to gusset or reinforce the brackets on the air box. Tylers has broke 3 times. Got tired of welding them back together so I made a new bracket. I will show you at Indianola.

Johnny & Monica
03-14-2006, 12:55 PM
I`m going down there tonigth I think his ported cylinder id 225.00 an comes with head an piston ect. It really screams He also sells the 28mm carbs an intake an ports the carb intake to . An with the reed spacer it allows the reeds to open more .
But when we was taking the other kasea apart the swing arm bolt was seized up an pounded the pee outta it an ended up cutting it out now where in desbrate need of a new swingarm bolt
:eek2: :eek2:

Johnny & Monica
03-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Are you talking about the hetrick bracket on the air box ? We`re welding alum. toniigth maybe good time to mod. it .

bigdaddy
03-15-2006, 09:16 AM
I thought we might have had a extra bolt around but Tyler couldnt find it. I installed a grease fitting in Tylers it help keep everything lubed up and moving freely. The factory bracket on the air box needs to be reinforced or gusseted some how. Tylers broke 3 times. We trie fitting it last night but still have some work to get it fitting right. If his cylinder kit comes with everything, cylinder, piston , rings and head thats a good deal. I probably need to talk to you sometime to get it all figured out because my typing skills suck and it takes for ever to write what I am thinking. Let me know how Taylor and Chance do at the Mo. XC race.

bigdaddy
03-15-2006, 09:19 AM
I forgot one thing , do you have a picture of the cvt cover you could post? I put a Kasea style cover on Tylers because its all enclosed to help keep water and mud out but need to see about putting a couple vents in the top.

emaxxjeremy
03-16-2006, 06:29 PM
what size/type tires/wheels are they?

Johnny & Monica
03-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by emaxxjeremy
what size/type tires/wheels are they?

We`re going to try these 18 snow hogs on rear An the 19 holeshot fronts on ten inch rims , The wheels are reinforced douglas`s I think from pappy . I`m thinking about trying a set of 18 inch 9.5 fast trekkers on the rear of one of them thougth

Livin4Real
03-17-2006, 08:08 AM
gbc shredders are the same size and a little cheaper I believe, you might check them out. I'm going to try them out for XC races on Brandon's quad.

royh
03-17-2006, 05:25 PM
I finally got Logans all put together. Had to have Donnie mill out the wheel spacers because of the odd shape of the Kasea hub in order to get the ITP wheels. Other than that I'm keeping ti stock this year.

royh
03-17-2006, 05:27 PM
another pic