PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to change my clutch?

nat78
02-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Heres the problem, I have been having a problem getting my 440 into nuetral, usually takes a couple tries to get it to nuetral. Also it when I have it in nuetral and rev it a little it is surging forward like the clutch is still trying to grab a little. I have a magura hydraulic clutch and have tried adjusting it, doesnt seem to change anything too much. Is it time for a new clutch and discs? Or is it something to do with the hydraulic clutch? I bought this used and am not sure how long it has been since the clutch has been changed, if ever. Anyone ever have these types of problems before?

02-26-2006, 09:05 PM
yes

bradrenea
02-26-2006, 09:19 PM
You said that when you have it in nuetral and rev it, it surges. Do you mean when it is in gear with the clutch pulled in? Because it should not surge at all if it is actually in nuetral.
I had a barnett clutch in a quadracer I used to have. It would surge with the clutch pulled in every since it was new. And it was ALL new, fibers, steels, springs, EVERYTHING. I could adjust it out so much that it would slip, and it still did it! I called a couple shops and they told me it was common with some aftermarket clutches so I ran it like that. I had it a long time and never had any problems.

DAVE14
02-27-2006, 11:23 AM
my barnett clutch surges forward a little with the clutch pulled in ,& in gear , but you can adjust most of that out anyway but it wants to pull a little I guess thats normal for an aftermarket clutch because its always done that since new but it works fine ,but your bike shouldnt move an inch if your in neutral

02-27-2006, 12:58 PM
if it mooves forword when u have it n gear and clutch pulled in and give it throtle and it mooves front words u might need a basket.

02-27-2006, 01:58 PM
trade that magura clutch lever for an asv?

nat78
02-27-2006, 02:50 PM
It only does it in gear, so maybe its normal then, just seems to be kind a pain in the @ss too get into neutral sometimes, nothing unbearable though. No thanks mittimj, I love the magura setup, compared to stock.