PDA

View Full Version : brand new 450r cutting out

Dale Szydlowski
02-26-2006, 08:43 AM
I took my quad to state 8 my dealer which my warenty is under do not have factory warenty since dealer baught at auction.Any way i took quad in 4 twenty houre service. told them quad was cutting out iow mid range also told them i modified air cleaner. I took the inner of two screen pop cans out to inprove air flow. do you need that much restriction?If you buy a UNI filter it is a plastic frame under a foam filter. figure i would save a few by using factory stuff just making it better. Well my quad was ther for about an hour and a half. I got a call wanting me to athorize more time to figure out what is wrong.WHAT! I said no because it is under warenty they said we need to to figure the problem/ I took it there for that I thaught they were suposed to go over machjne make sure it is ok and fix problems under warenty. Well i gues not they could not tell me if my mod caused problem.SO iam tuning to you for answers and probable fixes Or if I am paying some one to do the job my dealer should have done i am saving my self about $20.00 an houre in service rate well known shop not a dealer.What if it is other than my mod then what?

02-26-2006, 11:11 AM
you need to put a bigger main jet in your carb. YOu are running lean now starving your engine of fuel