PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions for the 450

Which 450?
02-26-2006, 06:18 AM
First off, Ive never bought a 1st year machine because there's ususally some sort of problem(s) that are worked out the 2nd year. Are there any significant problems anyone is having with these? (ie 1st year raptor trannys, 1st few months for the z400 axles and frames breaking) And second off, what are you paying OTD for these?

450rJam
02-26-2006, 06:38 PM
i gave 7128 for 06 trx450r w/ es and hrc installed, i couldnt be happier. the other 450's are all competitive to the point of the rider making the diff. you should also see what you want to do with it ........trails, sand, drag race, etc the raptor has reverse for woods/trails. the yfz handles really well (if you push it hard). the 450r is honda so reliability is unquestioned. the 500 pred. is also in the running. sooooooooooo many choices and really not a wrong one (but one may be slightly better for you personally and what you want to do with it) sit on them, test them, and buy the one that fits you best. I honestly think you will be happy with any of them

Which 450?
02-26-2006, 06:54 PM
I love the honda 450r because of its reliability, when I learned honda bumped up the compression this year I knew I was set. But the EFI of the suzuki made me change my mind. Im really stuck, I wont be buying one until august when I should be paying my other 4 wheeler off, so I should have plenty of time to do research