PDA

View Full Version : problem with marcums...

BS300ex5
07-18-2002, 05:28 PM
hey everybody i know marcums is a real big sponsor for this sight but they really screwed me over on this one... they quoted me $275 shipped to my door on standard plastic for my 300 well 2 1/2 weeks later i get a phone call from marcums saying that "all of a sudden" the price jumped to $345 for no reason and all they can get is race cut front... so basically does anyone know of a company that can give me a good price and better service on some orange maier standard fenders for my 300

OutlawEX
07-18-2002, 07:55 PM
man that sucks to be you,lol,i got my OEM fenders for 170 shipped from my local shop called Pr racing (419)472-2277

07-18-2002, 08:12 PM
I haven't had this sort of problems with marcums but i have had a few probs.

I just ordered my axle last thursday. They told it would be shipped on teh following tuesday and that it would be here this thurday or friday. Well i called them today to get the trackin number and they told me it was just shipped yesterday and that it won't be here until next tuesday.

I eman it not that long of a wait but they told me one thing and then did another. That really urks me when ppl do that.

Pappy
07-18-2002, 08:23 PM
not defending any shop.....but business is like that. meeting demand is tough. shipping delays can be caused by alot of things. it sucks but it happens.

JhallettEX
07-18-2002, 10:39 PM
Try C&D Racing, they have good prices on Maier, I think I am going to order some next week. I am waiting till the last minute tho because I might change my mind and get Fullbore.

What do you guys think? Should I get Maier and a Houser Anti-Vibe Chrome stem or just Fullbore plastic?

BS300ex5
07-19-2002, 09:02 AM
could someone hook me up with the e-mail addresses to c&d and PR racing so i can get some prices from them... thanks

Doibugu2
07-19-2002, 09:13 AM
If a company says something is supposed to be shipped on a particular day, and they don't meet there own deadline they set, we shouldn't continue to support them. I know things come up, and I know how business works, but we as the consumer dictate which companies make it and which ones don't. I guess I am getting on my soap box right now, but I am tired of a lot of crap we have to put up with from companies. They told BS300 that the price was $300 and it would be at his house next Thursday. Then when he calls back it's $70 higher and not going to be arriving for another week. That's crap. I know now that I will never do business with a place like that, and I would hope everyone would do the same.

JhallettEX
07-19-2002, 03:10 PM
cdracing@atcjet.net write to either Dusty or Colby.