PDA

View Full Version : cherry bomb, baffle out...

Warnerade
02-25-2006, 11:13 PM
after i broke it in i took it for a nice ride on my buddies MX track...the power was there, but it was missing the umph that i wanted...

today before i went riding i pulled the baffle out, took the air box lid off, and put the cherry bomb in...it realy woke the engine up. I dont realy see a need for an exhaust at this moment, right now it has plenty of power...the stock exhaust without the baffle sounds realy good, i was impressed.

anyone who has not done this yet, and doesnt need the quietness of the stock baffle...i suggest spending the 40 bucks on a CB...its worth it.

400exrules
02-26-2006, 12:48 AM
yah ive been reading around, and the baffle seems to be extremely restricting.......to a rediculous amount.
it compacts the exhaust hole to the size of a dime. supposedly you gain 7-8 hp from just removing the lid, baffle, and putting on the cherry bomb

robman
02-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Do you hafto run race fuel with the cherry bomb or is 94 octane good enough?

Warnerade
02-26-2006, 01:54 PM
94 octane will work fine...right now im running a 50/50 mix of race fuel and 94 octane..its jsut what i've always used in my 450's.

Warnerade
02-26-2006, 03:02 PM
These pics are from my buddies MX track, i am going to a track i feel more comfortable on this weekend and hope to have a lot more pics.

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/nacsracer27/AMA%20racing%20pics/100_1243.jpg

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/nacsracer27/AMA%20racing%20pics/100_1245.jpg

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/nacsracer27/AMA%20racing%20pics/100_1246.jpg

robman
02-26-2006, 07:46 PM
thanks for the info,nice pics

gir
02-28-2006, 10:37 PM
where can u buy one? any links?

ScooterBike
03-01-2006, 06:24 AM
can any one tell me if the z400 air filter will fit the LTR...

I get my LTR next week and if my z400 prodesign filter will fit am not gonna trade it in but replace with stock filter.

badvox
03-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by gir
where can u buy one? any links?

Yeah go to radio shack and buy a 98.7 ohm resistor and put it in yourself. :) Someone cut one open and thats all it is.

$40 for a $2 plug and a 10 cent resistor!! Wooo Hoooo

05kfx400
03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by ScooterBike
can any one tell me if the z400 air filter will fit the LTR...

I get my LTR next week and if my z400 prodesign filter will fit am not gonna trade it in but replace with stock filter.

Will not fit. Z part diameter is to small.

spudss
03-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by badvox
Yeah go to radio shack and buy a 98.7 ohm resistor and put it in yourself. :) Someone cut one open and thats all it is.

$40 for a $2 plug and a 10 cent resistor!! Wooo Hoooo

Are you Serious??? Or is this a joke??

benbuilt4u
03-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by spudss
Are you Serious??? Or is this a joke??

gotta be that easy. i paid 30 for mine so im not mad cause its plugged and sealed but i knew it be that easy once some one cut it open.

:D

400exBro
03-01-2006, 07:17 PM
The other map is already on the machine, the cheery bomb just gives the computer access to the other map. By hooking up the cherry bomb the computer will go to map 2 and will not read from map 1.

So basicly all you need is some wires and that resistor.

The only thing is the gas issue, will it hurt it with the cherry bomb,baffle out and air box lid off, on 94 octane??

spudss
03-01-2006, 07:20 PM
I cant imagine the octane of the fuel is a factor(I know its better but I dont think you have to runs race fuel) With the mods

badvox
03-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by benbuilt4u
gotta be that easy. i paid 30 for mine so im not mad cause its plugged and sealed but i knew it be that easy once some one cut it open.

:D

All you would have to do is splice it in and RTV the crap out of it. The bomb is just covered in a resin mold.

LuckyOxygen
03-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Guys, do not think I'm an idiot, but my friend that works a a dealership, and NO he is not an idiot, but he said that race gas is bad on the injector and can eventually melt it or to an extent. Please do not flame, but if you beleive otherwise, then please keep to yourself. I'm just tryin to give a heads up. It may be all bullshat, but who knows...

benbuilt4u
03-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by LuckyOxygen
Guys, do not think I'm an idiot, but my friend that works a a dealership, and NO he is not an idiot, but he said that race gas is bad on the injector and can eventually melt it or to an extent. Please do not flame, but if you beleive otherwise, then please keep to yourself. I'm just tryin to give a heads up. It may be all bullshat, but who knows...

if its alchol fuel it will but regular race fuel should be good. but i wouldnt run it in a stock compression bike cause it tends to run hotter.

CdaleXtreme
03-01-2006, 08:28 PM
The whole story behind this is, the oxygenated fuel was eating up a polymer screen that was in the fuel system.

Once the screen was broken up it would then make its way to the micron sized holes of the fuel injectors clogging them up!

If you read the warnings on most oxygenated canisters, it will tell you to drain the entire fuel systems when the bike is not in use. These fuels are very hard on rubber O-rings, some forms of plastics, etc.

So LuckyOgygen, your story is half right, but a half right story is half wrong also. So get your facts straight, so you dont lose your credibility.

badvox
03-02-2006, 07:38 AM
There is also the injector o-rings. On the cannondales they were roiginally made out of one material that would basically melt from the race gas.

We have a replacement o-ring that takes care of it though. I'll go find out the name of the materials for good n bad and post em.