PDA

View Full Version : Wnyoa Race 8/4 Cancelled

CBRSLIDER
07-18-2002, 05:12 PM
Thought that I would pass it along. The WNYOA harescrambles race in Rew, PA scheduled for 8/4 has been cancelled. I found out today that there was a problem with land owner premission. That really sucks too. It is really unfortunate because the event was a fundraiser for the small Rew Volunteer Fire Dept.. Now it looks like they'll have to raise the money some other way. :( :(

Ray

Don't know if this will affect more than just myself, MEL, and Harebounder, but thought that I would post it for everyone.

MEL
07-20-2002, 12:47 PM
how come you and me can find out that a race is cancelled and get it posted on here before WNYOA can get it on their website. i guess we'll be driving 3-4 plus hours the rest of the year.

CBRSLIDER
07-20-2002, 05:31 PM
I don't quite get it either. I was talking to one of the guys that was involved in getting the land permission and he told be about the race. I am going to travel down to Hopps Switchback raceway to race a xc race there on 8/4 since ours is cancelled now. It's about a 2 hour drive for me. I'm getting tired of the long drives to all the races. Rew was only 35 minutes away and I was looking forward to it. I just joined the club that sponsors it and am the only quad guy they have. They want me to help with the layout of their track next year which will probably be in a different location. But hey maybe I'll see ya at Palermo. I think that Jim and I are driving up on sat. and going to stay the night.

Ray

MEL
07-20-2002, 08:17 PM
where is that race at? maybe we can make it.

jcv400ex
07-20-2002, 09:51 PM
Mel,

Here's the website for Switchback.

http://www.switchbackraceway.com/race.html

I can't make the race on the 27th, my funds are low right now. Just bought 4 new tires, another full set of gear, and I'm moving into a new apartment with no furniture.....so I'm broke.

But, I will make it to Switchback.....can't wait til that August 1st pay check!! lol