PDA

View Full Version : Are Flexx Really worth IT???

Ripitupfilms
02-25-2006, 08:51 PM
I just got some money and have had a hard time with my hands cramping..

SHould i get Flexx Bars..

Will they really help for MX??

I have read alot of post about them .. and most things are positive.. Any personal experiences where they were really noticed

JW450R1
02-26-2006, 05:24 AM
i will let u know. going to try them hopefully today on mx.they really fell comfable ride in the snow on the roads

02-26-2006, 11:08 AM
get a steering stabilizer

Ripitupfilms
02-26-2006, 11:17 AM
i have them .. dento,PEP, generic ive had them all

Pappy
02-26-2006, 11:34 AM
Mine have been 110% worth the money. I have a terrible time with hand cramps and forearm cramps and since switching to the flexxbars neither has been an issue. (i still get arm pump but thats more of a not riding enough thing lately:p )

Chicksdigme423
02-26-2006, 12:18 PM
gettin lazy pappy? or too busy pcin stuff?:blah:

Pappy
02-26-2006, 12:25 PM
too busy and for the past few months recovering from being sick. i honestly do not expect to ever ride more then a few laps or a slow trail ride ever again:(

NacsMXer
02-26-2006, 02:31 PM
I like the concept of the Flexx bars, but they are not for me. I don't like how they look on a quad, much too bulky. They don't come the bend I am comfortable with. They are also out of my budget for a set of handlebars.

For myself, a good set of 1 1/8" tapered bars does the job just fine. They still have a pretty good amount of flex and give to them when compared to their rigid 7/8" crossbar counterparts. I also have not ever bent a set of fat bars before either. I'm not knocking the Flexx bars because they are a nice handlebar, I just don't have any reason to switch if what I currently run does just fine.

02-26-2006, 03:18 PM
i refuse to buy a set of flexx bars b/c of their return policy which has changed since when they first came out. I believe it is now like if you bend a set of bars you CANNOT buy replacement parts. Instead, you send the bent or broken bars back to fasstco and pay half the price for a brand new pair. This return policy SUCKS! and im not paying $150 if I flip over for some new handlebars after I already spent $300

Ripitupfilms
02-26-2006, 04:25 PM
theres other ways to get parts

Ex_Rider43
02-26-2006, 04:45 PM
Hell yeah get those bars I will never run another set of bars on my bike for MX.

I was running the stock stem with the quad bend , this year I got a +2 stem and I changed the quad bend to a mx bend with a 14 degree sweep to compensate (sp)

I also flipped my quad many times in 2005 and they always survived.

prepracing
02-26-2006, 07:04 PM
only problem I have seen is for shorter riders sometimes they set to high , if you run a + 1 or + 2 stem and then try to put flex bars on top of that they may set to high because of their design, and then you won't see the full advantages if they are to high. But when at the right height they are awesome