PDA

View Full Version : Cant get the rear caliper back on!!!

Sjorge450R
02-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Well, i lost my resivor on my 300ex and I took the brakes all the way done to the metal. I have the resivor situation figured out its just that I cant get the caliper with new pads to go back on the disc. I depressed the cylinder as far as it would go but they still wont fit. I was wondering if mabey the brake line has to great of pressure in it or what. Also, that little indicator thing still shows that the cylinder can still be pushed in more. If someone could help me out that would be great.

Over-land 450r
02-25-2006, 05:45 PM
did you press the lever because if you did ypou have to get flat head screw drivers wedge them apart. let me no if you need more help with that. Rob

rip-it
02-25-2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
Well, i lost my resivor on my 300ex and I took the brakes all the way done to the metal. I have the resivor situation figured out its just that I cant get the caliper with new pads to go back on the disc. I depressed the cylinder as far as it would go but they still wont fit. I was wondering if mabey the brake line has to great of pressure in it or what. Also, that little indicator thing still shows that the cylinder can still be pushed in more. If someone could help me out that would be great.
dont use a screw driver. just grab a wrench and loosen your set screw on the parking brake.just loosen the set nut and then backout the main bolt enought to loosen it.then you will gently use a "c" clamp to compress the cylinder back.it;s just that easy. prying and jamming screwdrivers in them will chip and scratch and cause you later worries. rip-it

JOEX
02-25-2006, 08:22 PM
It might help to have the cover on the resivor removed when you push the piston back. Be careful, brake fluid is a great paint stripper.

Sjorge450R
02-25-2006, 08:54 PM
See I have a parking brake block off. I just changed the ressie line and ressie so there isnt any brake fluid in there yet. So what else could I do to you the cylinder back compressed all the way. I already C clamped it. I didnt have any trouble with the fronts. So mabey can my rear brake line have too much pressure it in?