PDA

View Full Version : Breaking up in high revs.

ZeroLogic
02-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Well I just got done washing my quad and I went to give it a try and when it gets into the high revs (about 3/4 throttle) it brakes up pretty bad. My air filter is clean and the airboots are all tight. No water has got into the gas. Before it was running fine also. And one other thing, my exhaust is loose at the head and it has about 1/4" inch play at the most but isn't blowing out any air or not to much air. Can anybody help me?

Also I have a Curtis Sparks exhaust and UNI air filter.

bradley300
02-25-2006, 01:34 PM
does it run fine after you ride it a little while? sounds like your getting water in the air filter or head pipe

ZeroLogic
02-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
does it run fine after you ride it a little while? sounds like your getting water in the air filter or head pipe

I had it idle for about 7 minutes after if started breaking up, then I road it and it did the same. So then I let it idle for a few more minutes and it broke up. After that I had it cooled down and then started it up and warmed it up then road it and it still broke up.
I talked to my dad he said I might need a new needle.

ZeroLogic
02-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Nobody?:ermm:

450rJam
02-26-2006, 07:18 AM
it does sound like water in the air filter but that wouldnt continue after riding like you said. normally breaking up on top end can be caused by too big of jet. but if it never did it before the wash its confusing. maybe check all of your plug and take your air filter off and clean it

Sjorge450R
02-26-2006, 09:24 AM
mabey the main jet fell out????

ZeroLogic
02-26-2006, 09:54 AM
The float is probaly stuck. Going to go fix that now.:cool:

ZeroLogic
02-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Bah. Needs a rebuild kit.:rolleyes: :ermm:

bwamos
02-26-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
And one other thing, my exhaust is loose at the head and it has about 1/4" inch play at the most but isn't blowing out any air or not to much air.

If you're connection at the head is loose, you're going to cut out at high revs. You REALLY need to fix that. You're introducing oxygen into the system too close to the valves.. you're gonna have major problems if you dont get that fixed soon.

ZeroLogic
02-27-2006, 01:51 PM
That problem is fixed.:)