PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Plastic

majortom
02-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Need some help. Just bought some used plastic from guy on E-Bay. He charged $30 S&H. I thought kinda cheep. I won & paid him now he is renigging causew he claims he can't ship under $145. Any one have tips on shipping plastic, I be greatly appreciate. Already got rid of mine and order graphics & seat cover.
Thanks,
Tom

clutt225
02-25-2006, 11:19 AM
they are big it costs alot no tips sorry. we bought a set of banshee rear fenders in the states for 20$ US by the time we got them they cost 145 cnd. it sucks.

TheFontMaster
02-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Well he is doing something wrong. When I had my frame shipped to me it cost I think 45 dollars, the frame is way bigger than plastics, and heavier. I also bought a set of plastics, front and rear, hood, seat and seat pan, I got all of those for 140 shipped to my door. Ether he really didn't want those plastics, or you guys are doing something wrong. Sorry I can't be of more help finding where to ship but I can say that I know from buying them before 145 to ship plastics is just BS.

Ralph
02-25-2006, 02:03 PM
that price is about right. Plastics are large and will require and oversize box. So shipping will be atleast 120$ goin ups and then they will charge him atleas 25$ for a box.

I work for a ups store and i dont even flinch at those prices. totaly normal...

Colby@C&DRacing
02-25-2006, 02:03 PM
what ever he is shipping the plastic in is too big ups calls it an oversize 3 pkg, if he can get the dimentions down to an oversize 2 it should cut the price in half.. Oem honda 400ex plastic is expensive to ship in the oem box (oversize3) its around $80. Maier is smart there box's are oversize2

02-25-2006, 03:06 PM
If he calculated the shipping wrong, it's his fault, not yours:ermm: