PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Plastic

majortom
02-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Need some help. Just bought some used plastic from guy on E-Bay. He charged $30 S&H. I thought kinda cheep. I won & paid him now he is renigging causew he claims he can't ship under $145. Any one have tips on shipping plastic, I be greatly appreciate. Already got rid of mine and order graphics & seat cover.
Thanks,
Tom

yamablaster24
02-25-2006, 11:28 AM
dhl did my 400ex fenders for 20 bucks

majortom
02-25-2006, 11:54 AM
I have 04 TRX450R want aftermarket.

FatBoy Racing
02-27-2006, 01:03 AM
i sold a ton of plastics on ebay and there is a little trick to keeping the freight bill down. Packing and filling with foam in a box is huge and they get stacked on and damaged, and it's expensive (though not as bad as your seller claims).

What I ended up doing with great success (at the carrier's recommendation) is put them in two "contractor" thickness bags (just big trash bags, but with really thick plastic) and clear-tape a label to it. Then ship via FedEx ground. They WILL accept it, they can't stack anything on that crazy shape, which forces them to handle it by hand rather than a machine. Since you don't have the size or weight of the packing materials, you don't have much in costs either.

Cost to ship each set was in the 25-30 range and shipped about 10 sets this way with excellent response. The two sets I shipped in boxes with foam got stacked on and wrecked. One of the two made it damaged, the other disappeared completely (this was why I had to find an alternate solution).

Share this info with your seller and hopefully you two will find middle ground that is acceptable to both sides.

Good luck!

RedRaider
02-27-2006, 09:49 AM
This happened to me once, i took it to ups to ship them out and they wanted $175. I told them they were nuts and i took it to fed-ex and they cut like an inch off the box and charged me $30.

majortom
02-28-2006, 01:36 AM
Wanted to let you all know he found a company called Purolator courior that shipped them for the $30 I already paid. Thanks for all your help. 9-10 bus. days