PDA

View Full Version : expert opinions

swampervirus
02-25-2006, 09:58 AM
aight. my 02 400ex is completely stock. been reading some stuff on it. i dont want to go in the motor until it starts smoking. any adivce on more power. the exaust would have to be the quietest one. i do not want to regear... thank ya

02-25-2006, 10:06 AM
yoshimura is quiet
and get a cam

EDIT: filter, jet kit, and why not change gearing?

2004exrider
02-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Suspension also.

BlasterEaten250
02-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by 400exXx
yoshimura is quiet
and get a cam a cam is going into the motor though. Why wouldnt you want to regear? its the easiest thing next to a pipe, but you dont want it to be loud. K&n's make a pretty good difference for the money, and take off your airbox lid.

pastfast125
02-25-2006, 12:23 PM
yea, theres not relaly much you can do aside from gearing and going into the motor, so either wait until it's smoking, or pretend it's smoking now;)

swampervirus
02-25-2006, 12:54 PM
well i need alll the top end i can get, we have been known to take it up the highway runnin from da fuzz. so thats why i dont want to regear. i guess a cam would be aight. ya see, it runs great now. but it never hurts to have a lil bit more. i ride near a lot of houses sometimes. so the quiter the better. i just want a few suggestions so maybe somebody can come up with somethin i aint thought about yet. i'm runnin against suzuki 400's and 450r's...

Old Head
02-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Without going into the motor you can get a full exhaust, cdi rev box, k&n filter with the lid removed, remove the choke assembly and put in a 42 pilot jet.

jordan_m6
02-25-2006, 07:47 PM
doing the cam really isnt that hard. the hardest part is timing it if you follow the instructions they make that easy.

JOEX
02-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by swampervirus
well i need alll the top end i can get, we have been known to take it up the highway runnin from da fuzz. so thats why i dont want to regear. i guess a cam would be aight. ya see, it runs great now. but it never hurts to have a lil bit more. i ride near a lot of houses sometimes. so the quiter the better. i just want a few suggestions so maybe somebody can come up with somethin i aint thought about yet. i'm runnin against suzuki 400's and 450r's...
We don't want to hear any stories of you 'runnin from da fuzz':rolleyes: :ermm:

400exrules
02-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by swampervirus

yo homie, how bout you dont run from ''da fuzz'', DAWG.......dont do anything that would cause them to chase you.......

QuadJunkies
02-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
We don't want to hear any stories of you 'runnin from da fuzz':rolleyes: :ermm:

:ermm:

swampervirus
02-26-2006, 09:34 AM
well, we have to ride on the road every once in a while for short periods of time to get from trail to trail (not running from a bank robbery). justr to clear that up. i dont like doin' it cause the new tires and all. i just go with the flow and go with the crowd. yall fellow hoda fans would appreciate thiss. last night i ran a new raptor660 with mine (stock) and kept up in the 1st 3 gears. i never seen it coming at all... thought somebody might like that.

jordan_m6
02-26-2006, 10:07 PM
i had that problem of having to cross the road though. the neig. ended up callin the cop cause they hated the fact that 10-15 people would all be crossing the road. so when the cops showed up they gave a 4 year old a ticket along with his dad. from then on we have had to tell people to stop coming and walk our bikes across the road.