PDA

View Full Version : ok someone please please clear this up for me!

yellow400ex05
02-25-2006, 09:37 AM
I originally posted this in the open forum but then i have another question that came up.

I\'ve been looking for a pair of spare rims for a while now, and today my neighbor had found some rims on tires. So I was just observing the rims and tires and I read the tire and it says on the tire \"Do not use on Honda a two piece rim\" And i don\'t know why it says that on the tire btu the rims says I.T.P., and the tires are like a a fresh pair of Ohtsu tires. The size of the tires are 20-10-9

and the tire will fit.

But why the heck wouldn\'t it work on a honda?

Then this was my reply

they will work, but older honda had two piece steel wheels from teh factory and it is saying not to use those tires on the older honda two piece wheels. they will work on any wheel other than those.

and this is my new question

will it work on my newer honda hubs?

Now as in the very first question the rims are I.T.P. 2-piece rims.

everything tis the right size.

02-26-2006, 11:04 AM
they might work.because i did background check and ohtsu is a compony that makes tires for honda.i dont know for what but they do.my 250x came stock with ohtsu's.dont hold me to it but i think it will work.

450Rchaser
03-09-2006, 04:46 PM
don't use on a 2 peice rim tires are fine on a one peice and will work

humblesquirel21
03-09-2006, 07:46 PM
back in the day honda used to use two piece rims

these rims are suposedly very dangerous for shops to work on and under enough presure will blow

i owned one of the four wheelers that came stock with these and everytime i need new tires we had to go to every tire shop in the area twice till I found some one that was brave and new how to not blow these rims to pieces

nowa days all rims for the most part are one pice as in the odnt have one set of four bolts that holds te rim together and another set of four bolts that holds the rim to the hub

the shorter answer is if the tire sizes are right which i belive most all honda rears are 9 inches diameter and the width can be plus up to 2 inches more than stock tires and not have a problem

humblesquirel21
03-10-2006, 07:09 AM
they would work on a honda if the bolt pattern is right its just for the old honda twopieces the will be fine for a honda today
all new rims are one piece as far as i know u cant buy a new two pieace rim

are u sure the itps are two pice cause i handnt heard of that before

if it sa honda bolt pattern it will work