PDA

View Full Version : geez...............

jaspurx
02-25-2006, 06:41 AM
Those automotive oil coolers are not worth the effort , they provide no more cooling effects than stock units. We have checked that with the lazer thermometer. We did some testing , and I know for a fact that the FST model does what FST claims.

I would bet that there are people on here that did not know that when the 400ex engine is cold and at start-up , the oil bypasses the oil filter as well!

FST has the best oil cooler out there for now! I know , I have one of their units , and for now , they have the best HELP with the 400ex heat problem , BUT there is another company developing a unit that does an even better job!

Keep your eryes on these forums for updates!

parts eeter
02-25-2006, 07:27 AM
send me a link for the good oil cooler.Is the tank with holes worth it??

jaspurx
02-25-2006, 10:22 AM
I can`t find a link to send , but if you want a little bit of testimony put Four Stroke Tech into your search browser and it should be the 4th result on the page.

Or just call Mickey @ 814 842 6159 , or fax 814 842 9221

I`ll put on the info for the other oil cooler as soon as I get the word from the manufacturer that he is ready for sales.

parts eeter
02-25-2006, 02:10 PM
well if you re saying Mickey Dunlap has the cooler and tank,thats really what I am asking.Should I use the FST oil cooler only or should I use a larger tank with holes also.If so are both these parts made by Mickey? I can find the website no problem.I just want to be clear on what I actually need to keep my EX thumping.

coryatver
02-25-2006, 08:37 PM
I wanna know what oil cooler mickey gets from autozone then charges double the price for

jaspurx
02-28-2006, 03:42 AM
O.K. sure , if that`s what you think just keep that dilusion going!

No , Mickey does not make the cooling oil tank with holes in it , I believe that was Pingry , but FST may be a dealer , or sell them to customers , I did not bother with that oil tank. It is a good idea , it holds more oil than the stock tank , and of course it helps with cooling . but was a bit pricey for my race season budget.

Besides , I got the FST oil cooler instead. I figured it was like this;
You can spend the extra money and get the bigger tank AND the aftermarket oil cooler and do a great job with keeping it running cooler. BUT , while I was setting up my FST oil cooler and not going with the oil tank , I found another product that was a better deal for me than the oil tank. I got an EXCLUSIVE DEAL from a new product manufacturer 2 years ago. While this manufacturer was in R&D process for 2 of his products , he signed me up as a tester for these 2 products. All I can say is that my FST oil cooler went back in the box to really test this new deal out. I got a IRON-CLAD guarantee that if I follow his instructions I would have absolutely NO overheating problems!

So it was this simple. Run 10 laps on the track , check the stock temperature out. Then do it over again without letting the motor time to cool down, with his product on.
VIOLA , I ran my 10 laps and checked the temp again. When I pulled into the pit area he said keep it running at 1/4 throttle , do not shut it off! Thats what I did. We checked the temp right away , while I sat on the quad. rhe engine was cooler , the lazer thermometer showed the diference , and I could feel the diference sitting on the seat. My legs felt cooler than the first run. Now this Manufacturer is waiting on the US patent office to get their stuff going so he can sell without the copycat guys ripping him out of business. So , keep an eye out for his progress!

PismoLocal
02-28-2006, 10:30 AM
I wanna know what oil cooler mickey gets from autozone then charges double the price for

Same here lol

coryatver
02-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Where do you think they come from??? People found this out a long time ago you can get one from autozone or a similar place I am not sure which one and it is the same thing.

Originally posted by jaspurx
O.K. sure , if that`s what you think just keep that dilusion going!

PismoLocal
02-28-2006, 10:47 AM
I think its this one from summit racing

PismoLocal
02-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Its only $35.95

josiah400ex
02-28-2006, 11:33 AM
interesting info:chinese:

How much cooler are we talking...

Rico
02-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Run some synthetic oil, premix of race gas, keep the stock oil cooler hosed out and clean and your 400ex should run just fine. Mine's always ran great and never over heated. Seems like a waste of money to me. If there was an issue with it, the Honda engineers would have fixed it before it hit the market, but to each his own.

JOEX
02-28-2006, 03:36 PM
I belive the difference with the FST cooler is the rerouting of the oil lines to the head were the motor and cam will benefit from cooler oil.

Weather or not it is needed is still up for debate.... On a mildly and properly built motor probably not. On a true big bore high compression motor possibly....