PDA

View Full Version : photoshop Guru's....

QuadJunkies
02-25-2006, 12:54 AM
Can you give me some input on how to make a pics like this only it will be a quad instead... I know what mode on my Camera, but not sure how to edit from there?? :confused:

I have paint shop Pro 7 but have never used it yet...
any helpful tips would be appreciated. :)

KWAD GAWD
02-25-2006, 11:50 AM
You have to take a series of "rapid fire" pictures as the person travels through the air. And by the way, you need Photoshop... not Paintshop to do this..... Once you get the images off your camera choose the best series of say 6 or 7 pics to use. Then pick the first pic in the sequence and use that one as your very back layer. In order to create an adequate background (if a camera image doesn't work) you may need to splice 2 or 3 pics together. Once you get a decent background to work with, then just start sizing, then cutting out the images from the sequence pics, and cutting and pasting them in the right order onto your working PSD file. Once you get some sequence layers in place, just space them evenly apart, natural looking, and you must size them accoding to distance away from you - objects appear smaller as they get further away. Repeat this process. Cut from the sequence pics and paste into your PSD file. You may want to add shadows on the ground if you need to.

02-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Exactly^. You can PM me the pictures and i'll do it for you if you want QJ. You will need Photoshop like KG said, PSP won't work. I could also PM you how to do it if you want. When the pro photogs take sequence pics of bikes its usually 9 frames per second, then they use 2 or three of the 9 to put together a sequence, then repeat for a total of 9 or 10. It depends how detailed you want to get.

02-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Here is a bigger example. Big to small (or in this case, small to big) is key to being realistic.

http://speedo.ca/albums/snowboarddesks/Shaun_white.jpg

QuadJunkies
02-25-2006, 07:21 PM
well, I guess I wont be doing any pics like that now that I know its Photoshop you have to have . I dont have that one:(

thanks ,I was really curious how it was done and thought it was really cool.

02-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
well, I guess I wont be doing any pics like that now that I know its Photoshop you have to have . I dont have that one:(

thanks ,I was really curious how it was done and thought it was really cool. I can do one for you if you get me the picutres.

QuadJunkies
02-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Exactly^. You can PM me the pictures and i'll do it for you if you want QJ. You will need Photoshop like KG said, PSP won't work. I could also PM you how to do it if you want. When the pro photogs take sequence pics of bikes its usually 9 frames per second, then they use 2 or three of the 9 to put together a sequence, then repeat for a total of 9 or 10. It depends how detailed you want to get.

I know there was a mode on my new camera that says Drive mode, I THINK thats what I need to use (3 shots per sec)

A freind of mine told me he hs Photoshop 6.0 I can borrow so I can try this !!

02-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I know there was a mode on my new camera that says Drive mode, I THINK thats what I need to use (3 shots per sec)

A freind of mine told me he hs Photoshop 6.0 I can borrow so I can try this !! Cool! Let me know if you need anyhelp.

urb'nyouthfilms
02-25-2006, 08:17 PM
you can thank the worlds best photoshopr for this one.....Mr. Dan Guetter

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/garretmn1984/Steve-o_transworld.jpg

02-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by urb'nyouthfilms
you can thank the worlds best photoshopr for this one.....Mr. Dan Guetter

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/garretmn1984/Steve-o_transworld.jpg That's nice.

QuadJunkies
02-25-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Cool! Let me know if you need anyhelp.

Im sure Ill hit you up on that! :blah: ;)