PDA

View Full Version : help??

dunny_mark
02-24-2006, 07:54 PM
I just went to adust my valve because they were overly loud,and found the nuts where tight, but the lash was off by quite abit. How can this happen? Are my rockers wearing down? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

ZeroLogic
02-24-2006, 09:06 PM
What kind of quad? Stock cam or aftermarket cam? Most cams usally tap just make sure your adjusting them often. If you look on your rockers and see where the cam hits the rockers there should be a lobe. If there likes a indent I would recommend buying new rockers.

dunny_mark
02-25-2006, 11:27 AM
It's a 250x with a TC cam. It was running all right- then BAMM! it started ticking really bad. Took it apart,and the rockers had about 3/16'' play in them. Tightened up the lash and now the clearance is good. My question was how can this happen when all bolts and nuts where tight?

dunny_mark
02-26-2006, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the reply zero-logic.
Out of the million poeple on this site only one persons reply-and I appreciate it, but are poeple too lazy to help out someone in need? Does nobody know the anwser? I see so many threads on this forum with no replies and a million poeple looked at it. I do searches, but when nothing comes up or I can't find a anwser, I look forward to hear some feedback from the forum, but to no response. Why I ask? WHY?????

Old Head
02-26-2006, 08:12 AM
I would have answered but if I don't have the correct answer I'm not going to guess. I'd rather see you get the right info then just a guess.

ZeroLogic
02-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by dunny_mark
Thanks for the reply zero-logic.
Out of the million poeple on this site only one persons reply-and I appreciate it, but are poeple too lazy to help out someone in need? Does nobody know the anwser? I see so many threads on this forum with no replies and a million poeple looked at it. I do searches, but when nothing comes up or I can't find a anwser, I look forward to hear some feedback from the forum, but to no response. Why I ask? WHY?????

No problem. Not to many people on this site know a lot of infomation. Most of them come here to ask qustions so getting a quick reply isn't going to happen like that. Theres about 15 or 20 of us that awnser people's qustions. But anywho My guess from moving up and down all of the time can loosen the bolts up. But what ever you do don't put locktite on the rockers.

hondapro300EX
02-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Act like your the **** Zero. LOL

ZeroLogic
02-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Cause I am.:bandit: :blah: