PDA

View Full Version : Got yelled at by the neighbors

coryatver
07-18-2002, 11:08 AM
My riding buddy just bought a small house with some land and is going to use it as a hunting camp. It needed some work including bulldosing so he had them put in a double jump while they were there. We were jumping and a lady came over and started giving us a speech. We ride right in town all the time and no one has ever said anything. She could have just asked us kindly to stop but she gave us this long speech about how she can't even hear her TV. Now we have this awesome jump and can not use it.

4punksdad
07-18-2002, 05:11 PM
there is no noise ordinance during daylight hours..................jump away my friend

user101
07-18-2002, 08:43 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!
ur gonna listen to an old lady u should have told her that it was ur land and she was tresspassing. like 4punks said no noise ordinance during the day

big-guy
07-19-2002, 04:37 AM
I used to live across the street from a rail yard, that's 13 sets of tracks, being used all day and night. The next door neighbor would always complain that the stereo was too loud, or the motorcycles were too loud, and on and on. SO when he'd start whining, we'd pretend to care, apologize, and continue doing whatever it was that had upset him. Some people are just waaaay too sensitive.

4punksdad
07-19-2002, 06:24 AM
here is a funny neighbor story for ya.

we had lived in our house for about 5 years & knew all the neighbors. The old lady next door was always cool, she and I always did favors for one another. One day she comes outside & snaps because my wife cut through her yard with the 4-wheeler (the wife was going VERY slow).
I apologize & tell her it won't happen again. A few days later we discover 2 large posted signed attached to stakes right in the middle of our trail. The trail allows us to bypass going through her yard, and is not her property.
As a matter of fact, one posted sign was on MY property.

I ran them both down & took them home. Then I went to the hardware store & bought a dozen posted signed. I nailed them to stakes & drove them in the ground all along her property line & mine (facing her direction). They looked aweful.........hideous...........and they were a pain to mow around, but she got the point. I took them down about a month later & she has been sweet as pie ever since.

seems as if she didn't like posted signs as much as she thought she did :o

user101
07-19-2002, 11:21 PM
thats the way u show someone how to do things:devil

Nausty
07-19-2002, 11:32 PM
haha I hate most old people... when i was 4 years old I was riding a little plastic car with my cousin on the side walk and evidently if you go on here side walk its trespassing:rolleyes: and decided to call the cops... no joke if she can't hear her tv tell her to use the volume button and go ***** to somone else. jmo but these people really make me mad who have nothing better to do but complain.

07-25-2002, 10:07 PM
I know someone who was riding on a family members land (knowingly for a year or so) and had another member of his family pull a gun on him out of the blue one day! thing is, the one with gun didnt even own the land! He just didnt want it all trailed up cause when the owner dies he thinks he will get it.:huh < I think there is a jerry springer episode here for sure....

eldoexrider01
07-29-2002, 09:18 PM
is the noise ordinance code for no noise limit durin the day for all states. or in arkansas where i live????

Crazy4bluEx
07-30-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by FastnFurious1
I know someone who was riding on a family members land (knowingly for a year or so) and had another member of his family pull a gun on him out of the blue one day! thing is, the one with gun didnt even own the land! He just didnt want it all trailed up cause when the owner dies he thinks he will get it.:huh < I think there is a jerry springer episode here for sure....

LoL i got one better, ur riding on ur OWN 350 acres!!!
an sum dumb hillbilly comes up to you with a pump 12 gauge an says, what are you doin on my land boy??? im huntin right down through here...!! i couldnt believe it...!!! the guy didnt even realize he was talkin to the owners grandson, so i was like no sir i believe you are tresspassing, an i told him he could either leave, or take a ride on my quad back to my house an settle it with my grandpa.... lets just say he decided to leave...
(even though if he would have asked to hunt my grandpa would have said "sure go right ahead")
funny how it works isnt it???
:macho

07-31-2002, 08:38 PM
My neighbor thinks he owns our street, to get to my riding trails I have to go down our street a little to get to them and drive past his house so me and my buddy do it slowly cause I got a dmc on my warrior and hes got a t-4 on his 400 so they are pretty loud so we go slow but thats still not good enough for him he comes out and trys to stop us using his truck and all but we dont pay attention one time he called the cops though and they came to my door and started giving us a speech on how we should drive slowly and be quite and all which we did anyways, so the next day we went up to his hosue and just sat there revving for a little bit till he came outside then we told him off and got the point across to him cause after we left he never said another thing to us.

honda400exrider
07-31-2002, 09:04 PM
yeah, my freaking neibors always call the cops on me. hehe '
o well its my land and i dont really care what they say. i have a yoshi so thats enough said. lol. i actually have started to TRY to drive a lil quiter, but i really dont care what they think.

bluebaron
08-01-2002, 02:17 PM
i'm glad i dont have neibors like that.

freakystone
08-02-2002, 02:57 PM
We live in a golf course community and my neighbor across the street gave me some crap and called out property association. I took some of my kid's sidewalk chaulk and wrote:

!ELOHSSA UOY KCUF

Real big on my driveway so he could see it in his rear view mirro when he pulled out of his garage. He moved a few months later.

Jekyl_22
08-09-2002, 08:57 PM
Here's one for ya...

A few months ago, my dad let my brother and I use his D8 (Cat) at my mom's house to build a track. The track turned out AWESOME... it's more of a freestyle configuration. And my neighbor (just 1) complains about noise and dust, but we hadn't even ridden on it! He doesn't even like us riding in our own field. He (my neighbor) threatened to call the cops, but we are out of city limits so it doesn't matter. My mom being the easy pushover that she is, doesn't let my brother and I ride in the field at all anymore.
Get this though, this was the same neighbor that happened to be my mom's realtor that when she sold some property. It turns out thugh that he didn't turn in someone's offer on my mom's property and bought it for a lot less himself. He ended up having to go back to school for 100 hours because the person who made the offer filed charges. My mom didn't file charges or get any money out of it.... (she should have). Obviously he is just a crook to put it nicely...:mad:

Leo
08-09-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by freakystone
We live in a golf course community and my neighbor across the street gave me some crap and called out property association. I took some of my kid's sidewalk chaulk and wrote:

!ELOHSSA UOY KCUF

Real big on my driveway so he could see it in his rear view mirro when he pulled out of his garage. He moved a few months later.

ROFL.. that's to funny...

Rip_Tear
08-10-2002, 05:16 PM
My friend and I made a trail on my property and a neighbors(#1) property, and neighbor(#2) tried to charge me with trespassing, like what a jerk off. Then he threatend us with a gun, so I stopped riding there, he is old and going to die soon so I will just wait till then its a real bugger some people though. Another story though, some guy was hunting rabits on out property, and my bro and I where like, ummm guy your not allowed hunting here, so he goes ya right F off kids, so we got my dad, and he pretty much beat the guy down, and threatend to do it again if he came on our property again. We have signs that say no hunting all along our property now.

ryanh250ex
08-13-2002, 09:21 AM
i currently own 7 acres of flat land in the back of my house. there's these kids who simply wont get off of the land. they have a yamaha 3-wheeler and use it constantly. i always have to chase them out of it. one day i figured i had enough so i took a 2 foot long piece of wood and drilled a bunch of 4-inch long nails and put it by the entrance of where they always come in. this way, when they came they would go over the strip and ruin there tires. i took it out a week later for safety reasons. i dont let them ride on my land because they own a 3-wheeler and use absolutely no riding gear. i've seen them ride myself and they dont ride too well. the kid that rides it is like 11 and is dumb as nails. they know it's my land and ride on it anyway. i had no trespassing signs but they tore them all down with a week. i put them up again but they did the same thing. i'm gonna get metal signs so they cant chop them down. what else should i do?

Sparks425Ex
08-13-2002, 09:56 AM
Shoot the Kids then Bury them under neath one of the No trepassing Signs. Then take their quads and make it look like an accident sceen neara lake or pond. Or up in a tree. Sumthing to make it look like it was their fault.

No really tho.

Go to their house and talk to the parents ANd tell them that you have tol them to keep off and then the parents will kick their *****. And if they don't tell them that you will sue them for Trespassing. The ppl will think twice.

ryanh250ex
08-13-2002, 03:41 PM
the parents know. my mom yelled at the kid's dad and it did nothing. they simply dont care about their kids running loose. i'm going to have my dad send a letter to them if it happens again.lately it hasnt happened much but it goes through cycles (sometimes they'll ride on the land once a month, other times they'll ride on it twice a week). it would be different if it was a 4-wheeler and they were older and they wore the appropriate riding gear and if they asked kindly if they could ride, but they act like the own all of the land near us in which they own none .i have told them about the local off-road park, but the dad b*tched to me about buying a trailer (which he prolly get a pos one for under 300) and all of that. they do this to other people as well. now because of them, i cant ride my quad on my own land because if they see me they'll think it's okay for them too to ride on it, which it's not

airheadedduner
08-14-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by ryanh250ex
what else should i do?

You can:
1. Hire the local bully to beat them down.
2. Invest in accurate paintball or pellet gun.
3. While they are riding go out and roost on them with your ride.
4. Call the fuzz.
5. Get a BIG dog.
6. Go ride in there yard.
7. Razorwire:devil
8. Knife there tires.
9. Sugar in the gas tank or their trike.
10. Play the ole 'flamin poo on the doorstep prank'

ryanh250ex
08-14-2002, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner

You can:
1. Hire the local bully to beat them down.
2. Invest in accurate paintball or pellet gun.
3. While they are riding go out and roost on them with your ride.
4. Call the fuzz.
5. Get a BIG dog.
6. Go ride in there yard.
7. Razorwire:devil
8. Knife there tires.
9. Sugar in the gas tank or their trike.
10. Play the ole 'flamin poo on the doorstep prank'

1. there's no local bully around here- the development i live in has very few kids, let alone bullies.

2.hmm.....i've thought about this one before- i need to save up money for it though.

3.i would love to roost the **** out of them, but i cant. my mom won't let me ride under any circumstances without my dad being around. unfortunately, these kids must have a God-given talent for knowing my dad aint around. i have no idea how they do it.

4. next time they ride i'll snap a pic so i can show a pic to the fuzz. it's kinda hard to get someone on trespassing charges unless you can prove it

5.simply not happening- i'm not a pet lover by any means

6.look at #3.

7.that could work

8. i'd love to do that, but there dad knows where i live and he'd kno instantly that i did it

9. lol i love that one- what does the sugar do in the gas tank

10.lol lmao

4punksdad
08-14-2002, 07:50 AM
ryan...........you seem to be taking issue with the fact that they ride on 3 wheels rather than 4. Who cares what kind of atv they have. Maybe they can't afford a newer machine? Why don't you throw on your helmet & go riding with them? Offer them one of your old helmets to wear & quit cryin. Why should it bother you that they are having a little fun? What are they hurting other than themselves?

Type up an official looking waiver form & have their dad sign it. That way if they get hurt, the parents can't file suit against your parents.

no flame intended..........it just bothers me when atv riders don't share their trails & tracks.

08-14-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by freakystone

!ELOHSSA UOY KCUF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats the funniest thing ive ever heard

Fender Bender
08-14-2002, 02:34 PM
we have a psycho nieghbor and one day when i rode on the back road to give my dad a screw driver (you have to touch the cylenoids sp? to start it) and when i was turning around on the street the guy was in his truck, and hy punched the throttle and swerved to the other sid e of the road and tried to hit me, he was three feet away from smacking me, i was on two wheels tryin to dodge him, had he stopped my dad would have ripped him apart, he doesnt like fighting, but when some one puts me in danger hes furios. so 3 cops came to my hous e and we now have a restraining order on him...

ryanh250ex
08-14-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
ryan...........you seem to be taking issue with the fact that they ride on 3 wheels rather than 4. Who cares what kind of atv they have. Maybe they can't afford a newer machine? Why don't you throw on your helmet & go riding with them? Offer them one of your old helmets to wear & quit cryin. Why should it bother you that they are having a little fun? What are they hurting other than themselves?

Type up an official looking waiver form & have their dad sign it. That way if they get hurt, the parents can't file suit against your parents.

no flame intended..........it just bothers me when atv riders don't share their trails & tracks.

you have a number of good points...... i highly doubt they cant afford a newer and/or 4-wheeled machine.....they live in a relatively nice house (2-story, 2500+ sq. ft) in a pretty good section of town. i dont think they cant afford anything better than an old 3-wheeler.

i cant go just put on my gear and go riding with them because the way things are, my dad must be home if i'm to ride in my backyard. my mom simply doesn't trust me to ride safely (despite my riding skill). unfortunately, my dad isnt home during the day that much so when he is it just makes more sense to take a trip on over to NJORVP.also, since i have only been riding for a year, i dont have any "old helmets". a helmet can easily be bought in the next town over for 140$, if not less. you could probably find one on ebay for really cheap too.

what bothers me is that they have no respect for other people's things. i had several no trespassing signs which were eventually torn down by them. they couldn't bother to ask me nicely if they could have permission to ride. had they done that, my parents would have at least contemplated it. now, it would probably never get approval from mom and dad. the dad seems to understand that the land is private, but he lets his kids run loose, which does me no good.

i like your idea of the waiver, but keep in mind this has to be approved by my parents first. the chances are that they would instantly turn down this suggestion. my mom has never liked the family's kids and my dad doesnt care for them either.

my dad probably doesn't think these kids deserve a chance to ride on our land because he owns a very sucessful real estate office and his company was responsible for selling the development in which i now reside in. these kids went around (on the 3 wheeler, no less) and broke well over $5,000 worth in windows. for some houses, every window on them was smashed, sometimes even after they replaced them twice or more. considering most people bought high-quality windows (eg. Andersen), they're a wee bit expensive to replace (fortunately, no windows were destroyed on our house). now that you know this, do you think they should still get a chance despite this? i dunno what other people on this board might think, but i'm not so sure i can trust these kids.

hopefully if i keep my grades up and if it snows a good bit this winter, i'll get a chance to ride my quad in the street. i imagine i'll see them out as well. we'll probably have some drag races out on the straightaway and pull people behind us on sleds or tubes. we'll see what happens.

4punksdad
08-14-2002, 08:02 PM
here we go................even a quad rider blames the atv guys for the vandalism? I have ridden plenty of places & seen folks NOT on quads or dirtbikes doing questionable things. I have never hesitated to tell them to knock it off because the blame would end up on the guys who made the trail.............NOT the guys who did the damage.
do you have any proof that these kids broke these windows? If so, were they prosecuted?

You seem like a smart kid ryan...............smart enough to have your OWN opinion. Catch my drift?

ryanh250ex
08-14-2002, 09:36 PM
i do have proof that they did it. i noticed one day when none of the construction workers were around one of the kids (i easily recognized him) was picking up rocks. most 12 year-olds dont pick up rocks just for the **** of it. i noticed that he was looking around quite a bit, i guess so he wouldnt get caught. i took my mom's camera and started taking pictures. also, i know a kid who's friends with the kid and told me they broke windows at the site together.i also talked to several other kids who know the kid that also think he did it. now whether they were on a quad or not is still a question, but i wouldnt not be surprised if they did. it seems to make a lot of sense because of the way the development sits directly in front of their house . i'll try to make a attempt to make a diagram of my side of the street and the kids house
WA= wooded area
H= house
MH= my house
DB= detention basin (aka my land)

KH= kid's house

H H H H MH H H H H

WA
DBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDB
DBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDB
DBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBDB
DBDBDBDBDBdbDBDBDB
DBDBDBDBDBDBDBDBD
DBDBDBDBDBDB
DBDBDBDBDB

H H H H KH H

i tried to get it down, but it's close enough

see, it would pretty easy to go and hit the back windows and not be seen. and people on the kid's street would be hard pressed to see him due to 1. trees and 2. distance (it's a few hundred yards between streets)

these kids were never prosecuted, even though i'm 99% sure they did it.based on the pictures, as well as talking several acquaintances/friend of the kids. this vandalizing pretty much came to a halt about 9 months ago, so i'm not really watching closely anymore.

Fender Bender
08-15-2002, 12:27 AM
im curios to what they look like and stuff, can u post em up???

08-15-2002, 09:18 AM
Hi, im 14, and I do ride on other peoples land but I ask.

I have 2 bad neighbours right across the street and theyre both beside eachother. nobody in this n-hood likes them, and the fat lady across the street has 2 kids (12,14) that cant seem to stop spying on us. everytime i ride my dirtbike down the road they stare right at me for as long as they can!!

AND THEY ACCUZED ME OF STALKING THEIR KIDS

BUT GET THIS....

yesterday, my dad, me, and uncle caught them spying on us from a feild beside our house. i went across the fence into the feild and found strips of nails for my dirtbike :grr

and then, his mom drives by while he is laying down, peeking through a fence, and the car stops, his mom yells (which her voice is hella annoying) JUSTIN! JUSTIN! JUSTIN! GET OVER HERE! JUSTIN! and then we see him (14 y/o) get up from behind the fence, hes SMILING and he rides his bike over to the car, she says GET THE KCUF HOME! and she speeds away for a couple meters. I ordered a mini pistol crossbow for $12 online from Fast Knife (http://www.fastknife.com) and i know a dart is very excessive but iv had it :grr i know i dont have the guts to actually shoot them, but i do have lots of bb guns. next time i catch him spying on me and my family i will shoot him in the leg and i dont give a tihs if he calls the cops.

Here is a drawing (good job ryan!)

kh=kids house
mh=my house
f=feilds
NH=neighbours house
//\\ = driveways
KIDS WERE CAUGHT SPYING AT THE X

KH NH
__\\______//____dirt road_______________________________
// FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
// FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
// <XFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
MH <XFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

hey ryan, i have a bb gun you can have, want me to send it to you? or can you not send guns in the mail anymore :huh ?

Team Outlaw #34
08-15-2002, 09:49 AM
this kid is 14?

he sounds like a 2 year old.....spying hahaha

08-15-2002, 11:18 AM
hes 15 actually. unless he is younger than i am? he and I are both born in '87. im thinking about killing myself, because i got in a fight with my mom and now shes not getting me school clothes and i literally only have 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of shorts, and the rest of my shirts are all STAINED with oil spots. Im going into grade 9 and this guy is going to make fun of me all over the place.

im going to kill myself tonight. goodbye. i will never have a quad :grr :( :grr :( im going to hang myself. plus im too fat and i need to loose weight im like 200lbs and im only 5'7 and i did 60 crunches today but i was aiming at 1000. and im also going to starve myself if the whole hanging myself doesnt happen.

ryanh250ex
08-15-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by strokedandpoked
im curios to what they look like and stuff, can u post em up???

i dont have a picture of them that is developed, and i doubt i could get a close-up shot of them.

honda_racer199
08-15-2002, 07:19 PM
Ya, our neighbors are so ignorant, when my brother and I go ride on our SWEET motocross track! They want to come out and take pictures and crap! No joke. Dead serious, and their like in their 70's. :macho

ryanh250ex
08-15-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by honda_racer199
Ya, our neighbors are so ignorant, when my brother and I go ride on our SWEET motocross track! They want to come out and take pictures and crap! No joke. Dead serious, and their like in their 70's. :macho

well, are they spying or are they just big on taking action photos? maybe you could make a deal with them so you could have a copy of the photos they take.

honda_racer199
08-16-2002, 08:30 PM
Ya, prolly should! I was only joking when I said there ignorant. There pretty cool, I guess, for not being *****$ like the other neighbors I hear about! Sorry bout your guys luck