PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem still?

Jay300ex
07-18-2002, 09:47 AM
I brought this up before, but ran into it again the other day. When I go through water ( any amount ) sometimes my bike will bog out and stall, wont start unless it sits for a few. Usually it would stall if I am romping through like a 2 inch puddle, but it wont stall if i go slow and dont splash. Though I took it in the river and got the tires submerged, little more then normal water up towards the battery, and it junked it. Before, I put electrical tape over a boot of exposed wires right where my left leg is under the plastics. but it must have not been the problem? There is that thing above the battery, with the wires comming out of it, I think that might be the problem, but I cant just tape that. Would it be safe to spray it with some sort of silicon stick on crap?

this is a 300ex :)

Thanks guys
Jay

Razorback
07-18-2002, 10:01 AM
i don't know about your specific question, but in case you're not already doing this, be sure to spray wd40 down where the spark plug is. this will help, because when you get water splashed down there, you will bog. i know because it happened to me. when i started using the wd40 there, my problems ceased. just an idea.

i'll let someone else answer your other question, because i don't know for sure. i wouldn't think what you're wanting to do would cause a problem, though.

Jay300ex
07-18-2002, 05:06 PM
spray wd40 in the spark plug hole? hmm that might help isnt that stuff a water releaser or something. I asked this question before and they told me to do silicone spray on my wires, but I taped up that one boot and my problems stopped ( well probably just didnt rain much after that I bet ) I will try the WD40 though, wouldnt it just burn off after riding a while though?

Jay