PDA

View Full Version : pc vs paint

Flyin-Low
02-24-2006, 02:24 PM
my frame was lookin like **** so i took everything off... and im at the stage now were my frame is naked and im tryin to figure out wether to paint or powdercoat.. i really cant find anyone around here to even give me a quote on pc'ing and otherwise im gonna paint it myself cause a pro. painter wants to much to do it. is there anything wrong with just painting the frame and a-arms?

Old Head
02-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Nothing really wrong with it it just doesn't hold up as well. Get in contact with pappy he does powder coating.

400exstud
02-24-2006, 03:22 PM
In my opinion, taking everything off of the frame is too much work unless you powder coat it. Contact Pappy on here he does good work.

TheFontMaster
02-24-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm pretty much going to quote what everyone else has said. Powdercoat holds up so much better than paint. I painted my frame, and I got all the paint free, but I still wish that I had spent the extra money, and had it powdercoated.

Rip_Tear
02-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Although PC is a better long term deal, paint will do. I want to get my frame done, but don't have the $ and I want to get into PCing myself so it'll be a project. I'm just going to paint my frame for now, to keep it from rusing up. At the worst you're wasting a bit of paint, time and $, but it's better then nothing.

Flyin-Low
02-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Man, the area of canada i live in doesnt have like ANY powdercoater's. and i dont really want to spend the money to ship it anywere...

I know.. im from canada "eh" :devil:

Pappy
02-24-2006, 08:43 PM
if your stuck with no powdercoat options, paint will have to work:p

prep is the key no matter what coating option is chosen. get that frame properly stripped and cleaned and ready for a good self etching primer. patience is also important, far too many people rush a paint job and it fails badly. follow every instruction the paint manufacture lists. and a good enamel with clear will fair better then a straight laquer.

Lax
02-24-2006, 08:48 PM
idk but iam just throwing ideas out, but I would like to see someone use a paint from Dupli, which is like a spray paint, and is made for truck beds.

I would imagine it would be diffacult to apply, but impossible to come off the frame.