PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

patches85
02-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Ok I never posted here, but I posted in the 400ex forum before. Here is my problem, I bought a carb off of a guy on ebay like a month ago. After about 2 weeks and no carb I started e-mailing him. At first he said he was waiting on payment from someone else for another item (whats that have to do with my item?). Then last monday he sends me an email with a bunk shipping number on it for Dhl shipping. This tuesday comes and still no carb. This guy is in Pa. and so am I. So I email him and ask what the he**! He says he don't know he will call Dhl. So last nite I get an email with a good tracking number for fedex. I get the item today. What should I do about feedback?

BLEEDRED
02-24-2006, 01:37 PM
You have to leave good feedback because you got your item. You might just want to say in the feedback that there were some communication problems but you did eventually get the item as advertised. That is what I would do.

kalloway
02-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Negative feedback. The dude is obviously a hoser and you are lucky to have gotten your item. You shoudl not have had to harrass the guy adn wait that long for a package.

JF400EX
02-24-2006, 01:41 PM
I would leave "Neutral" feedback - at best. Sounds like the guy was screwing you around, and even though you eventually got the part it took way too long. You can state something like "Slow to ship...".

BLEEDRED
02-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Negative feedback. The dude is obviously a hoser and you are lucky to have gotten your item. You shoudl not have had to harrass the guy adn wait that long for a package.

The problem is if you leave negative, so will he. I guess it's up to you. The bottom line is that you got your item. Just don't buy from him again.

patches85
02-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by BLEEDRED
The problem is if you leave negative, so will he. I guess it's up to you. The bottom line is that you got your item. Just don't buy from him again.

He gave me good feedback as soon as I paid (like 5 min. after the auction).

BLEEDRED
02-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Fine, blow him up with negative...your decision to make.

Hon300ex
02-24-2006, 02:09 PM
just be a nice guy and give him positive feedback

LTZ400rider
02-24-2006, 03:54 PM
tell him to give u 5 bucks or u will leave negative feedback

TheFontMaster
02-24-2006, 04:02 PM
I would leave neutral feed back. You got your item, but it took alot longer, and the seller gave you the run around on it.

kdp620
02-24-2006, 05:07 PM
If you aren't happy with it than you shouldn't leave good feedback. Neutral sounds much better for your situation. Try out this guys e-bay store or website. They have pretty good deals and the communication is excellent.

midnight
02-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by JF400EX
I would leave "Neutral" feedback - at best. Sounds like the guy was screwing you around, and even though you eventually got the part it took way too long. You can state something like "Slow to ship...".
I agree,go neutral

jason43050
02-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by BLEEDRED
The problem is if you leave negative, so will he. I guess it's up to you. The bottom line is that you got your item. Just don't buy from him again. see here is the problem with "some" ebayers, don't leave feedback as soon as someone pays. which should always be a cardinal rule. the seller is suppose to leave the buyer feedback as soon as he/she receives the payment. alot of them wait till the buyer leaves feedback and when buyer isn't happy and leaves negative feedback, the seller will too even know the buyer did a great job at doing what he was sappose to do. which isn't right!! i would leave the guy neutral feedback since you did receive it, just leave a message on there stating shipping time sucked cause of the seller, not the shipping service! i bought a printer/scanner all in one off ebay and the guy didnt offer insurance, i had already bid on the auction b4 i noticed that. he didnt put insurance on it, i would have paid for the insurance on it but he didnt offer it! and when i received it it was broke! he told me it left his house ok and wasnt his fault. so i got screwed! i left negative feedback, and he then left negative feedback for me !! hate those people! that was the only time i got screwed on ebay so far.(knock on wood) lol

FMF450R
02-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Hon300ex
just be a nice guy and give him positive feedback

THIS IS HOW WE ALL GET SCREWED LATER ON....

patches85
02-24-2006, 08:30 PM
I wanna be honest so people know he is capable of this crap but I also don't wanna be a d##k. What happens if you leave a neutral feedback?

TheFontMaster
02-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by patches85
I wanna be honest so people know he is capable of this crap but I also don't wanna be a d##k. What happens if you leave a neutral feedback?

Pretty much nothing, his rating doesn't go up or down, but it alows you to leave your comment so other people can read it and know they might have a similar problem with him.

crday98
02-24-2006, 08:55 PM
i would leave neutral feedback. you got your part but it took some work and time to get it. you can also review his feedback to see if he has done this to other buyers as well. if he has, then that might sway me to leave negative. if you don't mind, please tell me where in pa is this seller from. there were quite a few that ripped off members of this site.

BTW midnight, nice avatar!:mad:

midnight
02-24-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by crday98

oh crap,my bad,thats the first time I ever came across one of your post but I'm sure ya had it longer then me....its all yours;)

patches85
02-25-2006, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by crday98
i would leave neutral feedback. you got your part but it took some work and time to get it. you can also review his feedback to see if he has done this to other buyers as well. if he has, then that might sway me to leave negative. if you don't mind, please tell me where in pa is this seller from. there were quite a few that ripped off members of this site.

He is from MT BRADDOCK, PA

crday98
02-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by midnight
oh crap,my bad,thats the first time I ever came across one of your post but I'm sure ya had it longer then me....its all yours;) that's alright! i'll let you slide this time.......:D