PDA

View Full Version : a question for the experts --> paddle tires

huffdaddy_400EX
02-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Ok, this may be a stupid question but I'm lost. I am looking into getting some rear paddles for my z400 and I am confused about what is meant by "right-hand" or "left-head". Can someone please explain it to.

wilkin250r
02-24-2006, 02:28 PM
If it's a straight paddle, it doesn't really matter. However, a "V" paddle has a right and left side.

A v-paddle is shaped a certain way to allow for better turning. The paddle itself pushes backwards (which pushes you fowards) AND outwards to the side.

When you're going straight, the left tire is pushing left, the right tire is pushing right. Together, the balance each other out, and you only go fowards.

However, when you're turning, you lean on one side, so you get more traction on that side. When you're turning left, you lean to the left, and the left side gets more traction. Now, since the left tire is pushing more than the right tire, it pushes the rear of the quad a little, helping you turn. It's almost like power steering.

First and foremost, you want the paddle facing the proper direction to "scoop", and get traction, correct? Secondly, you want the long portion of the "V" to be towards the inside.

huffdaddy_400EX
02-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks