PDA

View Full Version : carb and pipe 2001 250ex

coreyfatboy
02-23-2006, 09:39 PM
i just purchased a2001 250ex for my daughter and i can't get it to quit popping during deceleration. It has a dg accelerater pipe on it and i believe it had bad gas in it. I drained the tank, and took the carb apart and cleaned it out. I noticed the jets were still the stock jets. So i put a 100main jet and a 42 pilot jet and it is still popping during deceleration. I think it is running worse now. I pulled the plug and the end was very white , which tells me i'm still running lean ??? I need help , i'm trying to get this ready for my daughters b-day. Thanks

sixer3
02-25-2006, 11:06 AM
loosen the air/fuel mixture screw out about 1 turn and see if that helps, do a plug check, if it is too rich tighten it back up a half a turn, i dont know the stock jet sizes on a 250ex but a 42 pilot should be just fine if not rich.....sounds like your air/fuel mixture screw is too far in or just lightly tighten it till it bottoms and unscrew 3 turns then rejet normally hope this helps

should be on the bottom of the carb facing down near the head intake boot which means you will ahve to turn teh carb upside-down or take it off to access it unless your good with those 90degree screw-driver allen wrench lookin tools or a pocket knife .....hehe

BlasterEaten250
02-25-2006, 11:54 AM
go up a couple of sizes on the main jet again, and do a plug check, you want to go for a light brown.

02-26-2006, 01:28 AM
my 02 honda trx500 did that when i took out the spark arestor

wolffie
02-26-2006, 04:26 PM
im not sure what the stock mj is on the 250ex but 100 sounds kind of low! go up a couple, and like everyone else said, try to get a golden brown color on the plug. if you need jets, or replacement floatbowl screws, www.jetsrus.com is awesome! they have the best prices on jet kits and individual jets that i know of!

coreyfatboy
02-26-2006, 09:07 PM
thanks for all your help. Smart guy me was adjusting the idle screw instead of the air fuel screw. Good thing i'm not performing surgery, huh!!!! I haven't done a plug check yet but it is running like a raped ape and no pops on decelleration.

thanks again , corey:D