PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best race track (GNCC)??

Quad18star
02-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Well last year we made it down to Unadilla to watch the GNC ATV MX race and this year I'm thinking of going down to the USA to go watch an XC race from the GNCC series . Now I'm a little limited because of distances so I have 3 options . Out of the 3 which is the best track and race to go see .

1. Unadilla GNCC race
2. John Penton in Ohio
3. Power line Park in Ohio

I know when we went to Unadilla , we were very well received and the MX track was amazing for spectators , parking and not too far from our hotel ( 20 minutes) . How is the GNCC ??

The other 2 I have no clue about ... I've never been down to Ohio .

It's a toss up again this year .... either we go watch an MX race ( Unadilla, Red Bud ) or go watch an XC race .... and I need your input !!!

Pappy
02-23-2006, 08:15 PM
IMO the penton and powerline are not great spectator tracks, id say Unidilla will be your best bet.

My favorite is Steele Creek

Quad18star
02-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
IMO the penton and powerline are not great spectator tracks, id say Unidilla will be your best bet.

My favorite is Steele Creek

Thanks for your input . I'd really love to make it down to a race further south , but too long of a drive .... I'd have to fly ... then I'm stuck at the airport trying to rent a car and crap . :ermm:

Quad Boy 660r
02-23-2006, 08:20 PM
What about the Ironman in northern IN? Went to spectate in 03 and 05. Just awsome.

TheFontMaster
02-23-2006, 08:26 PM
I went to Unadilla last year too. It was awsome watching it and taking pic's for the site. That was the only GNCC I have been to so I can't compare it to any others, but I had more fun that day than when I went up for the GNC race a couple months before. But for the GNCC I found the spectator parking to be kinda wierd, I didn't see any place designated for parking, so I ended up parking in some grass like 15 feet from the track. The roof made a good place to watch the race :p

EDIT: and if everything goes well, I'll be racing at the GNC Unadilla nationals.

bradley300
02-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I didn't see any place designated for parking, so I ended up parking in some grass like 15 feet from the track.

that was the parking! lol

you say you go to redbud? it seems the ironman wouldnt be a bad drive then. it is def. the best spectator track on the series. a helicopter that takes you around the track, lots of open fields to see the action and 2 awesome hill climbs that everyone flocks to. thats the best thing about GNCC's, you can go ANYWHERE on the track!

Quad18star
02-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Looks like the John Penton race is off the list ... I have to be in court the following week . :grr:

I guess I'm gunna have to go to Unadilla .... the other two races after that conflict with hunting season . :macho

TheFontMaster
02-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I guess I'm gunna have to go to Unadilla

You won't be dissapointed with the Unadilla race, maybe this year I'll actualy see ya there.

Scottt89
02-24-2006, 04:31 PM
In my opinion, The Wisp at Deepcreek is awesome. If you are willing to drive/fly. I know it isn't on your list. You have full access to the Ski Lift, you can ride over the track. Deffinetly some good spots to stand back in the woods.

sammy5x
02-24-2006, 05:08 PM
The Wisp is the most technical(fun for me), but Unadilla is DOOOPPPEEE.

Quad18star
02-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
You won't be dissapointed with the Unadilla race, maybe this year I'll actualy see ya there.

Ya ... I surely wasn't disappointed when I was there for the GNC MX race ... beautiful track and beautiful rolling hills . If we do decide to go again , I'll probably stay at the Red Roof Inn again ... nice place to stay . Yeah this time it would be nice to meet people .... last year I saw Harlen and he gave me a couple stickers but didn't have the chance to talk to him much . He was busy as usual snapping pics at the podium !!!:cool:

TheFontMaster
02-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Ya ... I surely wasn't disappointed when I was there for the GNC MX race ... beautiful track and beautiful rolling hills .

I can't wait to race on that track, from what I hear from alot of people it is one of the top tracks in the country, and it's only 40 minutes from my house:cool: