PDA

View Full Version : hill climb pic. vid. info

400excaleb
02-23-2006, 06:20 PM
post some photos, videos, of some big hills you have seen or climb. also tell where some places where there are lots of hills to climb.

400excaleb
03-02-2006, 05:34 PM
come on! i know there is some hills out there.

Varmintpig
03-03-2006, 06:28 AM
I have rode with guys from your state ..They come all the way up here to ride ....We have an old ash dump from a coal mine that closed 30 years ago ..On that dump is a hill called THE WALL !!...I seen lots of quads make it up , BUT I also seen a few people get hurt on it ...250 feet high almost straight up and down ..Im a watcher , Not a climber ...Theres a lot of hills to climb on this dump........... .I seen as many as 100 quads there on a summer day ....They bring grills and cook out with cases of beer and pop...Also you can ride on trails all day and NOT be on the same trail ...We do 50 mile loops all the time ...We all have 4 wheel drive quads , Need em here .Lots of hills and MUD !!!

400excaleb
03-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Varmintpig
I have rode with guys from your state ..They come all the way up here to ride ....We have an old ash dump from a coal mine that closed 30 years ago ..On that dump is a hill called THE WALL !!...I seen lots of quads make it up , BUT I also seen a few people get hurt on it ...250 feet high almost straight up and down ..Im a watcher , Not a climber ...Theres a lot of hills to climb on this dump........... .I seen as many as 100 quads there on a summer day ....They bring grills and cook out with cases of beer and pop...Also you can ride on trails all day and NOT be on the same trail ...We do 50 mile loops all the time ...We all have 4 wheel drive quads , Need em here .Lots of hills and MUD !!!

do you ride at Trevorton.

Varmintpig
03-05-2006, 08:58 PM
I never heard of it , Where is that at ?......Were all going this sunday .....Probly be a 40 or 50 mile run ...CAN'T WAIT to get out of the house ....Its going to be nice , SO maybe well get into lots of MUD...LOAD that quad up and come ...I'll give you directions If you want to go sometime

400excaleb
03-06-2006, 03:16 PM
I never heard of it , Where is that at ?......Were all going this sunday .....Probly be a 40 or 50 mile run ...CAN'T WAIT to get out of the house ....Its going to be nice , SO maybe well get into lots of MUD...LOAD that quad up and come ...I'll give you directions If you want to go sometime

i just seen it on some other threads. is there alot of hills to climb and trails to ride. i would like to come up there some time. but its to far for me to drive now! is it worth to drive up there. about how long of a drive is it.

Varmintpig
03-07-2006, 05:41 AM
How fare below W,V do you live ...I live 30 min,s from Morgantown W.V....Beleave me theres LOTS of trails and hills here ...People from all around come around this area to ride cause of the trails ...I live in Fayette county , Greene county is in the very bottom south western corner of Pa, and Fayette is right next to it

400excaleb
03-07-2006, 02:24 PM
How fare below W,V do you live ...I live 30 min,s from Morgantown W.V....Beleave me theres LOTS of trails and hills here ...People from all around come around this area to ride cause of the trails ...I live in Fayette county , Greene county is in the very bottom south western corner of Pa, and Fayette is right next to it
i live in franklin(simpson county) kentucky. where is the best trails and hills around you.

Varmintpig
03-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Right here were I live is the best place to ride in Fayette county ...MILES of trails to ride on ...I think every body has quads around here ....I live within 10 miles of the mountains and I think thats way theres so many hills here ...If ya want to come up and ride in the summer , Just yell and I'll give you my phone # and we can talk about it ..You can bring some freinds with you ..Theres hotels 15 min,s from here ....It must be worth the ride up cause theres other people that up from your state and ride ...My brother live out in Ohio and he comes out here to ride ...He loves it around here

Varmintpig
03-07-2006, 04:11 PM
WOW ...You live at the bottom of Kentucky ..That might be a drive to where I live

400excaleb
03-08-2006, 04:45 PM
WOW ...You live at the bottom of Kentucky ..That might be a drive to where I live
it might be a year or so for im able to come cause im only 15 years old and im not old enough to drive. but when i am, i plan to go all over the country to ride, especially the dunes. Your place sounds fun, ill probly plan a trip up there some time. you said that there is alot of mud, and you ride utility, i have a 400ex set up for the trails, so will it make it.

Varmintpig
03-09-2006, 04:50 AM
You would make the hills at the dump and maybe some trails in the summer , But I bet that quad would not do good on the real muddy trails ..Sometimes I have to put my knees on my seat SO I don't get wet..I have a 05 Yamamha , Kodiak 450cc.

400excaleb
03-13-2006, 02:47 PM
does most of the trails have mud and water on them. are they rutted out bad?