PDA

View Full Version : lincoln trails motosports

01exrider
02-23-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm new to the whole motocross stuff and im planning to be racing here and i was wondering if anyone has any advice for racing here? thanx

-Alan-

Quad Boy 660r
02-23-2006, 08:04 PM
I have gone to that track a couple of times to watch my brother race his dirtbike.

AMA rules state you must be 16 to race a full size quad, which I am assuming you will. It MUST have nerfs, and I think it will need a tether cord. Im not sure about the teather cord, but Im positive on the nerfs. Call ahead to be for sure.

That is a pretty open track for the most part. It also has a long dirt start, so you may want somewhat higher gearing.

There is only one big jump there, the triple in the back. I have never hit it, but quite a few quads have so it is def doable. Thats up to you. There is also a few small-medium tabletops and doubles there.

They have an open practice real often, and practice makes perfect.
Good luck.

01exrider
02-24-2006, 06:07 PM
thanx a lot.. by the way i have nerfs, a tether, numbers, jersey etc... and ill be 16... has anyone here cleared the triple or know how long it is? thanks for the help

Quad Boy 660r
02-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by 01exrider
thanx a lot.. by the way i have nerfs, a tether, numbers, jersey etc... and ill be 16... has anyone here cleared the triple or know how long it is? thanks for the help

Well, on Carpe Diem, they said something like 120 feet, but I seriously doubt that. MAYBE 100ft, give or take.

It is down a hill, toward some trees, then a hard right, after landing.

P.S They hit it in the GNC section in Carpe Diem.

fastex91
02-25-2006, 07:44 PM
I can assure you that it is 120 feet. I used a tape to mark it off the last national they held. By the way, it's faster to go around it. I've raced there for over 20 years and I know the place like my back yard.
Quads either race the first moto or the last. If they are last, expect a hard packed dry slick track. Everything is jumpable on a quad. It's not all easy either, so don't take the doubles by the road lightly, you'll end up on your head.
Good luck and I will see you there because we race there every weeken they run. Stop by my trailer and say hi, it's a 24' with red and white checkers on the bottom and a quad painted on the side pulled by a white Dodge with flames. We'll have a nice 300ex, KTM 50Jr., PW50, TRX90 and a TRX450 Foreman under our EZ-Up.:D

Quad Boy 660r
02-25-2006, 08:01 PM
I think I saw your trailer there last year, in early August ( is the quad painted in purple, I think?). I tend to pay attention whenever I see quads. We will be there often this year also. We drive a Dodge Durango w/ open trailer and an RM 85. Sometimes we use an Intrepid instead.

I wasn't for sure on the length of the triple, so you def more accurate than me.

01exrider, what will you be racing? I am assuming a 400ex.

Good luck to all.

fastex91
02-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Actually my daughters trx90 is black with pink flames, and my son had a trx90 that was red with red flame seat cover. Tomorrow we're just taking the truck with the KTM since my son's 300ex isn't finished yet. We always parked last year right across from the pit bike track.

Quad Boy 660r
02-25-2006, 09:23 PM
I ment the painting on the trailer, but Im pretty sure that was you anyway. I memory sucks in my young age.

We were going to go for open practice tomarrow, but I doubt that now( its a hike). I really want to ride somewhere. If the weather is good,ahh Im not going to think about it.

01exrider
02-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Yea i'll be racing a 01 yellow 400ex, i won't make it to every race but ill be there at least once a month.

-alan-

01exrider
03-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Hey guys thanks for clearing the info about the triple for me because i was getting a little nervious hearing 120 feet haha...by the way nice pics

-Alan-