PDA

View Full Version : Gibson stabilizer

steve26
02-23-2006, 05:16 PM
I am installing a Gibson stabilizer on my 450R and I cannot get the thing right no matter what I do with it. I have tried adjusting it, flipping it, turning it, everything. Pretty much no matter what I do it either bottoms out and won't turn all the way on one side or coming back the other way it hits the steering stem. I am actually putting 2 on but have to figure out one first. Could someone please post some pics of how they have one mounted... maybe there is an obvious way that I am just too blind to see.

Thanks

blakefoote
02-24-2006, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by steve26
I am installing a Gibson stabilizer on my 450R and I cannot get the thing right no matter what I do with it. I have tried adjusting it, flipping it, turning it, everything. Pretty much no matter what I do it either bottoms out and won't turn all the way on one side or coming back the other way it hits the steering stem. I am actually putting 2 on but have to figure out one first. Could someone please post some pics of how they have one mounted... maybe there is an obvious way that I am just too blind to see.

Thanks

well on the two tubes that run down the front...when you are facing at the quad put it on the right side...and then try to line it up...just keep messing with it and you will finally get the thing figured out...my friend was trying to put his on the left and said it was a whole lotsharder to do on the left...he just kept messing w/ it and fiured it out...same for me:ermm:

steve26
02-24-2006, 07:34 AM
thanks for the input... I have tried it on both sides, messed with it for a while. still can't figure it out. I have mounted these stabliizers more than once (but on a PRP CRF450R). Are the stabilizers universal?

the predator
02-24-2006, 07:58 AM
you mount the frame mount on the opposite side from where your tab on the stem is facing...does that make sense? then makr sure when you full lock each way you should have around 1/2" of shaft left with out hitting the mounts, and with no binding, it shoudl have a smooth constant range of motion... otherwise it will be working against you rather than for you.

jkirk141
02-24-2006, 03:25 PM
this help

jkirk141
02-24-2006, 03:28 PM
another

steve26
02-25-2006, 07:47 AM
yes, thanks that should help a lot... now hopefully it shouldn't be a problem looking at how you have it.