PDA

View Full Version : No appetite

Jake250ex
02-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Alright, I have been complainig about being sick for some time now but now I have no appetite and it makes me feel a hundred times worse. I am really weak and tired and I know not eating isnt helping it any. I am going back to the doc, but I was wondering if you guys knew any good (legal :D) rememdys that will bring my appetitie back. I do eat a little less than a meal a day and I am forcing myself to do that and find myself gagging and feeling like I am gonna hurl when I do.

zeppelin
02-23-2006, 03:05 PM
you have to force your self to eat. try something easy at first like mashed potatoes. being active also helps if you get up and move around you will work up an apitite

FMF450R
02-23-2006, 03:16 PM
I agree, force yourself to eat. If not, your not gonna get any heathier anytime soon. Since your not eating, you should be taking your daily vitamins.

In the summer, I hate to eat, but I force myself every 2-3 hours. This keeps your metabilism running @ max level ALL day. That way I can keep growing!! :blah:

JDiablo
02-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Dont go belimic on us bro,lol.

trict_out
02-23-2006, 04:06 PM
get some blood work done...u may have mono

Quad18star
02-23-2006, 07:09 PM
I'll tell you this much .... if you can't eat your normal meals , start drinking a lot of sport drinks like Gatorade or Powerade .. they'll keep you from dehydrating . Also head down to the local pharmacy and pick up a case of Ensure ... basically a meal in a can . Drink atleast 3 a day .

Not to put you on a downer or anything , but dude your symptoms are dead on what Crohn's is all about . :ermm:

Jake250ex
02-23-2006, 07:30 PM
I ate a bowl of cereal, drank some gatorade and had half a nutty bar today. I also took a couple bites of a grilled cheese but thats absolutely all I could do :ermm:

Well, the whole time I have been bouncing around from doctor to doctor they gave my parents a sheet and they tried to hide it from me. Eventually they got tired of me asking questions and worrying that I had something very serious they showed me this peice of paper. It said that every symptom I am suffering from is a direct result of anxiety and or depression. I dont even know what to think anymore, I am giving the doctors office one more shot and if they dont help me this time I guess I'll sit around and suffer until it works it way out. I do however know for a FACT that I will avoid any type of surgery AT ALL COST.

Oh yeah, I dont have a fever, all my bloodwork came back and was negative for everything tested on it and when I had the scope they found nothing. :confused:

The hardest thing for me now is sleep. Ever since I had my surgery it takes me about a half an hour to fall asleep, and I wake up about 2 hours too hearly and cant go back to sleep. I have done my share of complaining but now I am just looking for a way to ease my symptoms a bit.

02-23-2006, 07:32 PM
wow....this is rele weird.
i had this like a month ago and it was for like a couple days.
i felt rele tired, just totally laid back, in space, not thinking and my body felt weak and my head felt light and i couldnt eat, i just kept drinking water and it was weird...

its rele strange but it goes away................. :eek2:

Giz400ex
02-23-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm going through it right now and they say its a stomach virus. From throwing up to crapping my brains out! I drained everything outta me. I was very cold, weak, not with it at all and my appetite went way down to almost nothing. At one point I did go do the Gatorade thing and it helped. I'm not sure how long you had this prob but if its like only a couple of weeks? I say its the virus! My wife had it and lasted for 3 weeks!

Elka83
02-23-2006, 08:54 PM
dude same thing happended to me, seriously, i got all scared like it was a big problem , i thought i was lactos intollernt(sp) so i drank the lactid, made it better, the whole thing went away, i eat like a horse now. Youll be alright man.. o yea lasted for like a week or too, no appitete at all, and when i ate i thought i was gonna hurl.. it was like last year but i remeber pretty well

honduh440
02-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by zeppelin
being active also helps if you get up and move around you will work up an apitite

if ur really not depressed that is ur best advice right their

culookn
02-23-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by trict_out
get some blood work done...u may have mono

Thats the first thing that came to my mind too.

02-23-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer10
wow....this is rele weird.
i had this like a month ago and it was for like a couple days.
i felt rele tired, just totally laid back, in space, not thinking and my body felt weak and my head felt light and i couldnt eat, i just kept drinking water and it was weird...

its rele strange but it goes away................. :eek2: Thats called PCP, homes.

Jake250ex
02-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Ive had it for well over a month now... :(

FMF450R
02-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by MXFourTwoEight
Thats called PCP, homes.

HIV?? -j/k.
:blah:

SGA
02-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex

Ever since I had my surgery it takes me about a half an hour to fall asleep, and I

What surgery did you have??

quadman22
02-24-2006, 04:36 PM
sounds a lot like depression from my understanding. may i also suggest an alternative trigger for an appetite:devil: :bandit:

BuB400
02-24-2006, 05:52 PM
I thought I had mono once, but I found out I was just bored.

JUSTINcredible
02-25-2006, 12:35 AM
stope s,oking crack and maybe you will get an appetite again...

j/k
:p

moto04racing
02-25-2006, 09:57 AM
thats how it felt for me when i had pnemiouia (sp?)

Jake250ex
02-25-2006, 12:03 PM
I have considered that I had pnuemonia. I remember my uncle had something and the generic term for it was "walking pnuemonia", meaning you could still carry out all your functions but you were just drained and didnt feel good. The symptoms match up pretty well, but wouldnt that show up in a blood test?

JRP
02-25-2006, 01:21 PM
i had walking peamonia(sp?) once and i didnt really have any of those symptoms... I got medicine and in about 2 weeks I was fine, hope you feel better man.:cool:

derekhonda
02-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Sounds to me like hes got the dickfore. I heard its been going around.

Jake250ex
02-25-2006, 04:08 PM
^ what? :confused:

STEVENJANNA
02-25-2006, 04:36 PM
I know exactly how you feel. If all the medical results come bcak as negative you may have an anxiety disorder. I thought I was having serious medical issues for almost a year and I had every test under the sun performed (M.R.I.'s, CAT scans, Eco cardiograms, tons of lab work) and they only proved that I was physically healthy. Than my Dr. went the anxiety and Stress route, I thought, I'm no psycho I'm not taking any head pills. It's hard to listen to someone tell you that the way your feeling is in your head when you're having such prominent physical symptoms.
This is how I understand what is happening, the brain (of someone who has an anxiety disorder) doesn't produce enough seritonin at peak stress moments which causes the nervous system to overreact producing a whole laundry list of symptoms (the worst for me were full blown panic attacks, the first one I had I was russhed to the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack).
My Dr. put me on a very low dosage of Paxil CR (in laymans terms it tells your brain to produce more seritonin) it takes about 2-3 weeks to start working but once it does you feel normal again. The good thing about Paxil is that there aren't any side effects, it just works.
The most important thing is don't let people tell you that there's nothing wrong with you if you don't feel right. If you don't feel right there's something happening in your body (even if it isn't a physical condition). The one thing that always bothers me is that people who have never experienced and anxiety attack or other stress related ailment tell you to just calm down or relax. Sometimes it's not that easy.
I hope this helps and I hope you get straightened out because I know what it;s like to have people tell you that there's nothing wrong with you when you feel like crap.

Jake250ex
02-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by STEVENJANNA
I know exactly how you feel. If all the medical results come bcak as negative you may have an anxiety disorder. I thought I was having serious medical issues for almost a year and I had every test under the sun performed (M.R.I.'s, CAT scans, Eco cardiograms, tons of lab work) and they only proved that I was physically healthy. Than my Dr. went the anxiety and Stress route, I thought, I'm no psycho I'm not taking any head pills. It's hard to listen to someone tell you that the way your feeling is in your head when you're having such prominent physical symptoms.
This is how I understand what is happening, the brain (of someone who has an anxiety disorder) doesn't produce enough seritonin at peak stress moments which causes the nervous system to overreact producing a whole laundry list of symptoms (the worst for me were full blown panic attacks, the first one I had I was russhed to the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack).
My Dr. put me on a very low dosage of Paxil CR (in laymans terms it tells your brain to produce more seritonin) it takes about 2-3 weeks to start working but once it does you feel normal again. The good thing about Paxil is that there aren't any side effects, it just works.
The most important thing is don't let people tell you that there's nothing wrong with you if you don't feel right. If you don't feel right there's something happening in your body (even if it isn't a physical condition). The one thing that always bothers me is that people who have never experienced and anxiety attack or other stress related ailment tell you to just calm down or relax. Sometimes it's not that easy.
I hope this helps and I hope you get straightened out because I know what it;s like to have people tell you that there's nothing wrong with you when you feel like crap.

Wow.. someone actually has an idea of what I'm talking about. I have complained to my parents for weeks and all I hear is "Jake your fine its all in your head, you work yourself into feeling bad" I cant say they arent supportive, they have taken me to every freakin doctor in the state for them to tell me that there is nothing wrong with me. Everyone tells me just to relax, they dont understand that not everyone is the same and its hard when you cant control it. The only thing I dont understand is that if it was just depression or anxiety, what would be causing the stomach pain and dihrea? I have gone to the edge of the earth and back to find out whats wrong with me and came up with nothing.

Mxjunkie
02-25-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
Wow.. someone actually has an idea of what I'm talking about. I have complained to my parents for weeks and all I hear is "Jake your fine its all in your head, you work yourself into feeling bad" I cant say they arent supportive, they have taken me to every freakin doctor in the state for them to tell me that there is nothing wrong with me. Everyone tells me just to relax, they dont understand that not everyone is the same and its hard when you cant control it. The only thing I dont understand is that if it was just depression or anxiety, what would be causing the stomach pain and dihrea? I have gone to the edge of the earth and back to find out whats wrong with me and came up with nothing.

My sister has it, when your nervous your nerves go into a frenzy and it upsets your stomach and everything..

My dog has seperation anxiody because her mom died when she was born, so if you leave her for a hour or more, she pees because she gets nervous..

STEVENJANNA
02-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Anxiety and depression can manifest themselves in many different ways. Have you ever had someone break your heart? You can't eat, sleep, etc.. That is just example where you know what's causing your ailment. It's situations (like what your describing) when you don't know what is wrong that you need to look into an anxiety or nervous disorder.

Jake250ex
02-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Funny you say that. At the expense of sounging like a bytch, I think it all started whun my gf broke up with me. I sat around my house and ignored everyone for a while so all my friend stopped talking to me and coming around. Since then a bunch of things have happened and since the first day of 06' my lifes gone straight down hill.

quadman22
02-26-2006, 06:56 PM
sounds like thats the cause right there