PDA

View Full Version : all the women riders her at "EXRIDERS" sign in here...:)

QuadJunkies
07-18-2002, 12:19 AM
OK..ladies...I know I cant be the only one out there.Lets here a little about you.Where do you live and what do you ride?.I will start off....I live in Kuna Idaho, I ride a 2002 300ex.I am married .My husband rides a 2002 400ex, we have two kids,a Daughter who is 8 and rides a 2001 Kases Skyhawk 90cc and a son who is 5 and he rides a 2002 Eton viper50cc.WE all have just starting riding as of this year,and every minute we get ,we try to go somewhere to ride.The kids love it just as much as we do.:) I think it would be great if us girls could form our own little thread;)

HondaRancherES
07-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Well My name is Ashley and I live in North Carolina. I don't have a sport quad because I needed a utility for what conditions I ride in. I have a 2002 Red Honda Rancher ES 2x4 with 25x13.5-10 Super Swampers on the rear. I am 16 years old. I got it so me and my dad would have a reason to get out of the house and do something together. I have to pay for it cause my dad can't afford it. I love my quad and wouldn't give it up for anything in the world.

FoxRacingsgirl
07-18-2002, 10:01 AM
Hey my name is Natalie and I ride a 2001 400ex. It actually isn't mine, but I will have one eventually. I ride my boyfriends bike for the time being. I live in Northern California. I also ride a utility quad basically for use of pushing a Sprint Car to push off and holding tools on race nights. (if I lost ya...pit crew) but that is basically just for the sprint car's needs. But the 400 I actually do jumps on and ride to ride. I think that this was an awesome idea for a thread. :) And the bike looks good HondarancherES!

QuadJunkies
07-18-2002, 10:14 AM
HI LADIES!!! Great to hear IM not the only girl around here!!Maybe if we keep up this thread and it dies well,we could takl them in to putting on a spot " the girls corner"or something like that.HondaRancher,I think that is so cool about you paying fro your own ride and all,to me that tells me you are a very mature and responsible person.And as far as not having a sport quad,who cares what you ride,whats important is you have one to ride and you do what you enjoy doing,its great that you and your Dad get to ride together.WE make it a family event.Ill post a few of my pics when they get finished downloading .FOXRACINGGIRL~~~Good to have you ckeck in and say HI!!How fun it must be to be part of the pit crew!I love to watch races,Im taking my kids to there first in Aug. they are going to die when they see those funny cars light it up!How do you like the 400ex?everyone feel free to post some pics,I really need to figure out how,all I know how to do is give my direct link..

HondaRancherES
07-18-2002, 10:24 AM
Thanks FoxRacingsGirl. That is one of the few time you will see it clean. QuadJunkie I love paying for it. I know it will be mine and only mine. When I pay it off that is. I hate it when my next door neighbor(Who is a boy) tells me I cant do something he can. Ecer have that problem. He said I couldnt do a wheelie. I think I do pretty darn good dont you??

QuadJunkies
07-18-2002, 10:32 AM
YOU GO GIRL!!I am starting to do small ones on mine, Im practicing on sand ,much more forgiving,if a guy tells me I cant do something,it makes me all the more eager to do it,and maybe even better than they can!!Here are a few picks of our quads and a cople misc. pics too.http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291635739

HondaRancherES
07-18-2002, 10:56 AM
OMG the blue one and the yellow one are sooooo cute. Why do they have liscense plates on them??? We have roughly 15 acres we get to ride on when we want to so we have it made I guess you could say. Everything from creeks to cow pastures. It's a blast. I have been drug doing a wheelie before and just Saturday I clipped a tree doing 25 and it threw me off and when I turned around there it was almost on top of me. Bent the handlebars but thats all. Good thing someone invented helmets. Every wrecked yours???

Jennys440'Dale
07-18-2002, 11:25 AM
Its' about time we get more women on here who actually ride. I have been registered to EXRiders for over a year and the women are slowly coming in.

Anyways, as you can tell by my user name, my name is Jenny and I ride a '01 400ex. Love it! Had a 1999 300ex and it was way to tipsy for me. Otherwise, not other complaints about it. I live up in the flat grounds of NW Ohio. No hills arounds here. We have to travel 2 hours to Wayne National Forest to have some hills.

My boyfriend, Nick, rides a '99 440ex and we just purchased 2 acres and will be building a house in about two years. I am very excited!

Quadjunkies- I know what you mean by riding being a family thing. Right now in our group we have my mom (250ex)and dad (warrior) on quad, my brother (400ex) and Nick's brother (400ex). It gets very addicting and I might add expensive, but it is worth it!

HondaRancher- pretty good wheelie for a utility quad! Shove it in your neighbors face!

FoxRacingsGirl- hang in there, you will get your 400ex soon and you will be able to outrun your boyfriend!

02exchic
07-18-2002, 11:26 AM
Hello Ladies!

My name is Carrie and I ride a 2002 yellow 400ex and I love it!!! My fiancee taught me how to ride about 3 or so years ago on an old Blaster that he and his family used to ride. I have been hooked ever since. We try to get out and ride every weekend but sometimes that doesn't work out. :( We do ride quite a bit though. I live in Oregon, you can pretty much ride all year 'round which is great. Gets REALLY rainy in the winter time but if you don't mind a little mud it's great fun!!:D :D
My fincee is now riding a 1994 RM250, he also has a 2000 CBR600F4. He is considering selling the CBR to buy a quad. He absolutely loves mine, he can't believe how fun it is to ride.
We don't have any kids (yet) but I am looking forward to the day that we get to buy the little toys.

QuadJunkies~~ great quads!! Sounds like you guys have a great time!

HondaRancherES~~I'm jealous! Wish I had a backyard like yours!!

FoxRacingsgirl~~cool job! How did you get into that?

So tell me ladies....how in the heck do you get your bikes soooo clean. I always wash mine after a ride but I can never seem to get ALL the dirt and stuff off. :confused:

02exchic
07-18-2002, 11:31 AM
Jennys400ex....cool! you are going to have an awesome space to ride. After my fiancee and I get married next month we will begin saving for a house. I am hoping that we will end up with some acreage so that we will have abuilt in play ground!

Jennys440'Dale
07-18-2002, 11:38 AM
02exchic- better start saving now! I am 22 now and Nick and I both started saving little by little when we were both 18. I cannot believe how expensive things are. We are gonna have to put in a pond$$ and that will take up most of our acreage. Besides, just down there road is a huge stone quarry. So, we will be out there most of the time. Maybe things are cheaper out west? NOt sure never been out that way. Would like to make a trip to Galmis though. That would make a good honeymoon, huh? You ever been out there?

Gettin' married next month huh? I bet you are nervous! I'm still waiting on a ring. We've been togther over 4 years and I feel no need to rush it. If it comes, then it comes. I am not gonna force him.

02exchic
07-18-2002, 11:56 AM
Yeah....no kidding things are expensive. Just riding is expensive! But oh so worth it!! Property and houses around in this area are pretty pricey but we are planning to go out in the country a little. Will still be spendy but not as spendy as in town.
We are both 25 now, hoping to get something by next summer. we are pretty good savers when we put our minds to it.

We are actually getting married in Jamaica and then staying for 9 days for the honeymoon part of it. We were able to save the money to pay for it ourselves in about 5 months (and still ride) so I am hopeful that house money will be quick to add up as well.

Sure sounds like you guys are doing well, all of that at 22. Quite impressive! The area you will be living sounds nice!

I have never been to any riding areas outside of Oregon. But from what I have heard Glamis would be worth the trip, and yes it would be an awesome honeymoon. Maybe Jason and I will do that as a 1st anniversary trip. :)

QuadJunkies
07-18-2002, 12:08 PM
Yes... I have wrecked my quad,and it really freaked me out, I guess thats what I get for all the braggin!I rolled mine recently when we went on our first duning trip to St.Anthonys..http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291669903it as my first 15 minutes out there too.I was going up and around a sand bowl,when my back tires hooked up weird on the incline,and I started to lose power,I gave it all I had, but I flipped it over the top of me, and rolled twice.After I checked to see if I was ok,my first thought was MY BIKE!I ran to the bottom and hoped it would start.It did.Then the pain started to kick in,and my pride hurt the worst.:( I have a little bit of nerve damage in one hand from where the clutch dug in to it,and a lot of big bruises and cuts,and scratched on my quad,but not bad thank god.After that,Ive slowed it a bit,a little head shy,But my hubby said not to let it keep me that way,or it will be me down,so in the mean time,Im changing my gearing on both quads,and im going down a ties size for my 300ex so I can climb a little better, I need to uprade,but after buying 4 quads ,gear,and a trailer all in 6 months, cant afford it for awhile.JENNYS400EX~~~IF you ever venture out this way let us know,maybe you could swing down to the dunes here in Idaho?And no, things out this way are lots of $$$too.I wish ther were more poeple her in Idaho that liked to ride as much as I do,we are kinda like the "Freaks"in the neighborhood.No one understands all about the quad world.It seems like you all are from the east .Very popular over there.Hello 02EXCHIC~~~Lets make this the biggest thread here!:)Finally someone close to my end of the world!I use to live in Ore.around the tillamook area love it down there.Yes, we do have a great time.THat Daughter of mine is quite the pro.She can already ride the 400ex(only when we are stading there w/her)she learned how to gear in about 15 minutes.She puts the boys to shame!Her favorite saying is "BOYS>>>EAT MY DUST!

HondaRancherES
07-18-2002, 12:20 PM
02EXChick all I do to get it clean is I get dishwashing detergent and I put the hose nosal on sharp stream and I wash over it 2 times on every corner of it. I miss nothing. Then I get my Red turtle wax and wax it to cover the scratches. Then it's ready for pics and another ride. As you can see by this pic it get real muddy and real clean

QuadJunkies
07-18-2002, 12:29 PM
I love to use Armour All wipes after cleaning mine.They are handy to use, and If you buy sone of them Pledge wipes, theya re good for dusting your goggles from dust and they polish up your helmet good too.They help keep a non cling to the goggles if you use the cloths on them.

07-18-2002, 04:05 PM
What happend to being lazy and leaving it dirty?:confused:

phatswinn
07-18-2002, 05:41 PM
dosent happen.....

Rastus
07-18-2002, 06:20 PM
Im glad to see you ladies on the site! I wish more ladies were in the sport, and on this site. im afraid guys is the biggest problem. yeah, im a guy,but i know how much some guys get onto women about they cant do it. I've found a good G/F that likes me, is a good person,respects other people, loves to ride, and is over-all very easy to talk to.Im going to see if i cant get her to join this site so she can get into the sport more, and learn more tips,etc.

if you wreck, dont worry about. Just get back on, and try harder.
I've had this expeiriance. I was going around a turn on a 450 Foreman S ute. quad. I hit like a 2 foot stump(i couldnt see it, it was in like 3 feet tall grass, and i was new to the terrain). Well, to say the least , i flipped the whole quad on top of me.I dont know how i managed not to break anything,but it hurt.like 5 seconds later i started to get it off of me.alittle later, and some friends were there to help me up.I didnt go to the emergency room, but i was hurtin, and i was being waited on hand and foot :) :devil The only reason im alive right now was i had my helmet on.just make sure you be safe.

07-18-2002, 08:11 PM
Hey Ladies!! I am so glad to see more ladies on here than what i thought!! :p

I live in Cleveland, OH, I have a 2002 Honda Rancher 4x4..still learning the in's and outs of riding....still kind of stechy (sp?) on the hills. My husband has a 97 Honda 300ex

HondaRancherES
07-18-2002, 09:23 PM
Yeah me too RaceGirl. I have only been riding 10 months but I know what to do in just about every situation

07-18-2002, 09:58 PM
i have been riding less than that! My hubby & bro in law got started quading and he just keep going out all the time leaving me stuck at home..... :( and we did a lot of research on the best quad and we came up with the Rancher ES. It took me a while to get used to riding it cause i am only 5'3 and the bike just feels huge (you know what i mean?) We hit some truck spot that had hills (little ones & big ones) me the chicken S-it didn't do the big hills...if i did i would scream all the way down. I just feel like am going to fall off or tip over. I have only been riding for about the end of winter so not so long. I just sit back and watch my bro-in-law and hubby (and friends) do the jumps and big hills, i just like going mudding!! :D

LiLMissHondaEx
07-18-2002, 10:07 PM
Wow there are more women here than I realized!! That is very cool!! I am Carrie in Cincinnati, Ohio. I ride a '99 300ex, and my husband rides a '00 400ex. My son is 8, and he says I dont have a bike...the 300 is his! Still trying to decide what bike to get him...he does so good on the 300....seems a waist to get him a "kids" bike. I am still fairly new to riding....about 2 years. I have gotten alot better this season....sometimes even I am surprised by some of the hills I climb. My goal was to hit those big 30' jumps by my 30 birthday, but since we are just one month away I do not think it is going to happen....those jumps still scare me....but man I wanna jump!!!!!!! Maybe next year!

There are quite a few of us from Ohio....we need to have a "Ex-Ladies Ride"!!!! I am certainly game....but I guess we would have to have a few men on the trip as well....not sure I could drive with the trailer attached...besides...who would keep the fire blazing....LoL!!

nat3060
07-18-2002, 11:15 PM
im natalie and here is my ride

FoxRacingsgirl
07-18-2002, 11:38 PM
Whoa this thread got big quick. Good to see some feminine perspective on this site though! 02exchick~ I got into pit crew about two years ago when some of my friends fathers where in the sport. I started shortly after. So I have been on pit crew for about 2 and a half seasons. Let me tell you once you get into sprint cars your hooked. And I can pretty much guarantee that I will be the one needing a pit crew in no time. ;) I will drive a sprint car if I have anything to say about it. :D Looks like I am the baby of the bunch just a few months shy of 18. Congratulations on the wedding plans, best of luck.

Pro400EXC
07-18-2002, 11:40 PM
Hi My name is Joe,and I'm a achoholic.

Ohh haha sry, wrong forum.

P.S if you know any single ladies 16-18 in Florida who ride or race,own a quad,and can cook good, send a pic of the quad.haha

FoxRacingsgirl
07-18-2002, 11:51 PM
:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
07-19-2002, 12:06 AM
Womens EXRIDERS group ride...ooohhh,your on to something:) that would be awesome!!LILMISSHONDAEX~~Oh, do i know what you mean about jumping.I want to master it so bad,I am a little head shy since my spill, but I am dying to go riding soon.Its been 3 wks since I rode,We are having a group ride to our local dunes here in Idaho Next wk. end for someones B-day.I cant wait!!I just got my parts for my 400ex and our 300ex to change the gearing.We need to climb better,so were dropping a tooth on both,and my new Razrs got here today.I dropped a size from my stock on the 300ex.So now I should see a big improvement.I am trying to get over my fears of heights ,so the hubby is working with me on climbing those hills,man it scares the @#$% out of me!I can go up ok,other than I feel like Im going to tip,but going down is the worse.I think I should just stick to sand and wheelies and jumping...AS for your son,how long has he been riding the 300?My Daughter is 8 also,but I woulnt feel good about that big of a Quad for awhile.She has a Kasea Skyhawk 90cc right now.We are going to have Trinity put on a pipe for her so she can get the most out of it for a few more years.Its a great quad,and so is the Honda.I saw a kid the same age around here that has one with a pipe(cant remember which one though) and it sounds good..After that,then I may upgrade her to a 250,or 300

QuadJunkies
07-19-2002, 12:08 AM
92' :250X er~~~Sned your girlfriend over here.If she wasnt interested with the quad world befroe...She will when she comes here,she will be hooked:blah

QuadJunkies
07-19-2002, 12:11 AM
PRO400EXC~~~I do know of a girl..She knows how to whip up a mean Swanson Dinner!!:D

HondaRancherES
07-19-2002, 05:33 AM
FoxRacingsGirl you are older than me. Im 1 month shy of being 17. See what happens all the men come in here and try to get dates. Man are they desperate!

Scott
07-19-2002, 06:06 AM
No, a lot of us are older, married, and keep our mouth shut. It's just the testosterone charged not-too-long-out-of-diapers that think this is a dating service.

Jenny - Congrats on the land. Did the 400s come back from the shop yet?

Jennys440'Dale
07-19-2002, 07:01 AM
Thanks Scott! Nope, have not heard anything on the quads yet. If you still have the 300 when August 17th rolls around, be sure to stop by WNF and ride with us all again!

BTW- how is the job searching going?

Scott
07-19-2002, 07:11 AM
Probably looking at a career change. I'm going in today and meeting with a city police dept and also with the Ohio Highway Patrol. Maybe I'll be following in CBRSlider's footsteps. If I'm selected to be a State Trooper, I think I'm going to go for it. My wife is a little iffy about it, but I think I'm going to go after it. Other than that, I have 1 interview next week.

knighttime
07-19-2002, 07:48 AM
Sorry to intrude on your thread, but it seems like u girls know more about quads and are smarter than most of the guys on this site.

:square

Rastus
07-19-2002, 09:28 AM
QuadJunkies--- Ill be sure and send here on over.She doesnt have a sport quad, but she has some kind of polaris.Im not sure on the model or year, i never asked, but she loves to ride.

Jay300ex
07-19-2002, 09:37 AM
It probably doesnt matter, but my girlfriend rides a XR200 dirtbike. She likes quads but doesnt want to end up like me ( I used to jump 80 ft doubles with my CR250 now I dont even have the balls to jump a 35 ft double with the quad ) But the fun part is she can keep up with me cause she's got skillz on 2 wheels ( and you know they could be a 4 wheeler ) But I still enjoy jumping on 2 wheels once in a while just for the speed rush, mostly ride a friends' Yz250 with a bunch of mods or my dad's XR400. GF wont let me ride hers just to make me mad =).

I noticed a couple of you women ride utilities, those are a blast! If its one thing a dirtbike or sportsquad sucks at its going through mud. And I love doing that =) . Got myself a 300 4X4 for that though.. still gets stuck in alot of mud though hehe.

Nice to see you all popping your heads up :)

Jay

02exchic
07-19-2002, 10:14 AM
knighttime...that's because women take the time to learn about stuff instead of just jumping in feet first assuming that they already know...hee hee just kidding. No disrespect...REALLY!!
I love doing my own work on my quad, however...you better believe that my fiancee is not far away....just in case. ;)

I know what you mean by wanting to jump!! I am starting to learn and I love it. I just need to remember to stay at least close to in control.

Hey Race Girl~~ Don't be afraid of those hills, they are much nore fun than they look! Although you also don't want to ride outside of your capabilities as well.

QuadJunkies~~ Sorry to hear about the spill, glad you are okay!!! I know what you mean though about being head shy after all that goes down it's hard to just hop back on and be back to normal. We took a weekend trip out to East Fort Rock in Bend, OR. Great place to ride, miles of trails (and I meand MILES) On the first ride my friend hit a stump and flew over the handle bars, broke her elbow. Then on the last ride, I hot a big rock (didn't see it through the dust) and took the handle bars into my ribs and gashed my right front tire. Was a LOOOOONG ride back to camp!

I tell ya though, definitely no better advice than to wear that helmet. ALWAYS!

Well all you ladies, this thread got huge just overnight. Glad to see you all out here and having a great time on whatever quad you happen to have. Wish more of you lived in or closer to Oregon. :(

FoxRacingsgirl
07-19-2002, 12:40 PM
Scott I agree with you, its the children who act as if they have never seen a girl before, much less dated one. But I do know that there is some mature guys on this site....just far and few between. But I didn't mean to step on toes. :)

QuadJunkies
07-19-2002, 03:06 PM
Knighttime~~Thanks for the compliment,I think us girls know and are trying to learn the sport just as much as the guys are... SO girls...Im thinking on going to a place in town(sign pro) and seeing about making us up some graphics kits?have you ever done this before?I ordered a kit and got it today,and it is so ugly,not what they pictured in ROcky Mnt. catalogSO im returning it and Im going to go custom on all of our quads..Any suggestions? 02 exchic~~did you break any ribs?My husband broke 3 this year and hurt his rotary cup on a berm.. SCott~~ good lick on the job hunting.Im sure you will find just what you are looking for:)

02exchic
07-19-2002, 03:58 PM
QuadJunkies~~no, thank god! I didn't break anything. I held on for dear life which is why my ribs took the brunt of it. But, that was better that flying into the rocks that were just off the trail. I definitely broke my pride though....was shakey the whole wat back to camp. I haven't been riding for a week now..awaiting a new tire. I am ready to get back in the saddle!! :blah

Good idea about custom graphics, I have thought about that a couple times but never knew where to get the stuff. I wish I was more artistic...
Let us all see what you come up with..who knows, maybe you could get rich!

07-19-2002, 04:34 PM
LitlMiss--

That sounds like a GREAT idea.....Girls Ex-Riders ride!!! That would be WILD! I would love to meet some lady riders..hopefully some of them will be in the same boat as me and haven't rode for very long!!

LiLMissHondaEx
07-19-2002, 06:20 PM
Quad Junkies - my son has been riding as long as I have. We both started out on a polaris trailboss which I think helped both of us learn the basics. It is a great first bike. Then after about 6 months, I realized I wanted a 300 and traded it in. My son took right off on it. He had a problem clutching at first because his hand is a bit too small....but it is much easier for him this year. I am sure if he started on a 90 or 125 that would be just fine for him as well....just as it will be for your daughter.

It is funny how all these guys trip about women actually knowing about our bikes. Sometimes I get a kick out of the heads that turn when I go screaming by on my hubby's 400. Some guys act like its just a miracle that there is a girl actually on one. So easily amused they are....LoL!! Actually one place that is different is Livingston. There are all sorts there.....from 5 year olds to 80 year olds. Lots of families trailing one right behind the other....and women riders I would say are at least 30% of the crowd. They all ride and its not a big thing to see us ladies rip roaring down the trails. I do have to admit that I kind of miss the attention though! Just joking!!

Actually how about Livingston for our "First Annual Ladies of ExRiders Ride"? I know a few of you are in the West, so I would assume you would not be able to make it all the way over here. Wish we were all closer to meet up!

HondaRancherES
07-19-2002, 08:24 PM
Man there are alot of ladies on here. I thought I was the only one. Here is my neighbors quad and it looks worse than mine. LOL He never changes the oil or anything.

kat400ex
07-20-2002, 12:37 AM
Hi Ladies...just came across this thread i been riding for 17 years...i have a 400ex....which just jumped time and probably bent a valve....oh well just means i will get to get a little more of it this go around.....i had a 250r quad...which almost killed me..literally but not really the bikes fault....head on collision with a hunting bike......broke 7 bones but live to tell ....where a helmet....and Never think it won't happen to you.....i surely don't take blind corners the same......don't want to learn that lesson twice....my husband just got a cannondale my 13 yrold son rides a 400ex....9yr old son rides 300ex .....5yr old son rides honda 90....its a great family thing and then theres those days we just like to go screamin thur the ocala national forrest here in FLorida. Me and My 13 yr old son race at the local tracks but its real hard to keep stuff going it just dies out.... kat250r@cs.com if any of you ladies want to chat. I have attached a photo of my bike and the Ride Naked is actually a tattoo i have on my lower back.....

QuadJunkies
07-20-2002, 10:25 AM
HondaRancherES~~Shame on your friend for not changing the oil!Isnt that like"Quad abuse"or something.I forgot to to reply to your question about the license plates..WEll, around here we have a few counties that require that you be registered through DMV.With the plates,we can ride in any county,the only one that doesnt have one is my sons quad,the Tton viper,becuase its only 50cc,only if you are more than 50cc do you have to register.They are trying to make a big stink about making it mandatory and even worsr,some counties are trying to put a limit on how many AYVS you can OWN! Is this a load of crap or what?HOw can they tell me what I can buy and how many?I think it will be hard to pass,but I guess it could happen,they are on drugs if they think Im selling a ONE of my quads...KAT400EX~~~Welcome to the ladies thread!! :) BOy are you a lucky girl with a wreck like that!! Whew..good to hear your alright.Sounds like your whole family is into it all like mine.I only wish me and the hubby had the same schedules so we could ride more often.He works days and I work nights,keeps the kids out of daycare.LILMISSHONDAEX~~Where is Livingston?

Rastus
07-20-2002, 10:43 AM
dang, that sucks that there're going to try and do that.Id make sure and send a letter to all your elected people, stateing that you dont like it, and a bunch more dont either.

I agree with you scott on the guy deal. Some think everywhere is a dating service.

oh, about my G/F , i told her the URL and everything,and i hope she went there.Ill be over at her house , or she'll be over here and ill show her how to register a username, etc.

QuadJunkies
07-20-2002, 10:50 AM
'92"250X er~~We will be waiting to hear from her :) YES>>> I will write my Legislators if it starts to become a real issue. HEY EVERYONE>>>>I got all thesprocket chaged to a 12 tooth on my 300ex,and boy does it help!! It a way more aggresive from the get go!!Im dying to go sooht up a hill now,cant wait until next wk. end :)

kat400ex
07-20-2002, 02:31 PM
Wow that picture i posted looks terrible......oh well.......I have never used daycare either...but i finally got my last one starting school this time around......and i got to go to school this week....to get my CDL Lic......now that there all in school i am ready to get out of this house and work....i love riding so i figured driving a truck would be good for me.....i like a challenge....and i know i couldn't handle a desk job.......so if i don't get back to you ladys in a few days i am just busy with school.....man does that sound funny haven't thought about school since i graduated in 1987.....Take care and if a new thread gets posted for us woman let me know.....thanks

HondaRancherES
07-20-2002, 09:19 PM
Thats a guy for ya. Being lazy and all. Ladies take better care of theirs in my opinion. They also almost always know more about them too.

07-20-2002, 09:58 PM
well my name is sheena i ride in the dunes in michigan with a banshee my bf bought me...i love it and it so much fun girl power wooooo wooooo!!!!!!!:cool:

QuadJunkies
07-21-2002, 01:00 AM
Free ridin400ex~~Man...Thats one fancy get up you got goin on...Not the quad your threads..Did you get them at Savers?LOL :) Man... you are crackin me up..

QuadJunkies
07-21-2002, 01:16 AM
Ok ladies...lets start off with a topic~~ (this should really get the guys going,he,he,)What is it about your boyfriend/Husband that annoys you the most???Mine has a really bad dleaining fetish,dont get me wrong,I am very lucky like that,but having a COMPUSIVE cleaner is a bad as living with a pig!!He is always picking up behind me and Im a very clean person,But dont you think cleaning the Bthrm EVERY DAY and mopping EVERYDAY is alittle much?

QuadJunkies
07-21-2002, 11:44 PM
Okay............ I guess that wanst a good topic,(you all must have the "perfect"man.he,he,...) do you ladies know where the best place is to buy additions for mini-quads?I was told Trinity racing,any other ideas??,we have NO good places around here I am wanting to start my x-mas shopping early for the kids and Im wanting to but nerf bars for them ..

FoxRacingsgirl
07-22-2002, 12:05 AM
I dont know, but I am sure that there is somewhere online if you dont mind shopping online for stuff. I will definatly keep my eyes open for you.

QuadJunkies
07-22-2002, 12:09 AM
I dont mind sshopping online,as long as i have a phone# to talk to them and I hear about how respectable they are.The only thing you can find around here,is stuff for dirt bikes..:rolleyes:

07-22-2002, 11:39 AM
Hi everyone. It is nice to see more women riding. I'm Jan, ride an 02' 400EX. Love it. Live in Vegas so can't ride year round, but have been to Glamis. That place is crazy and huge. My fiancee has an 01' Banshee that, of course, he has put a bunch of $$ into. I'm perfectly happy with my near stock 400. Put a pipe on it, that's all I need. Grew up in Coos Bay, Oregon so had my share of the dunes there. They are beautifully scenic. Back to Glamis, we went during Thanksgiving and that place was completely crazy. The dunes were nice and seemed to go on forever, but some of the people were a little crazy. But I'm sure we'll go back this year.

Well if there's any women riders close to Vegas, let me know. It would be nice to go ride with some females.

:cool:

QuadJunkies
07-22-2002, 03:21 PM
z28Jan~~ HI JAN! welcome to the ladies hangout .BOy, I wish I could go to Vegas, I hear its really pretty at night, Are the people as crazy there as they say?The city that never sleeps.:blah SO,how crazy were they at glamis? I want to go there with the hubby,but I dont think I would take the kids,too much they dont need to seeWEll, you are closer to me than most of the people on this thread,maybe we can meet halfway sometime and go ride.You said you have done a lot of duning around Ore. Have you ever been to St.Anthony before?Now THATS some serious fun.Im headed there in Aug. if anyone is interested in going???

07-22-2002, 04:18 PM
Hey Quadjunkies, I just typed up this book sized reply and then the computer did something funny and I don't think it was actually posted. So, let's try this again.

Vegas is a nice place to live. It is the city that never sleeps and there are definetely areas where you don't want to be. My fiancee and I don't venture to the strip too much unless we have visitors. There's always something too do, you just can't ride year round, it get's too darn hot.

Glamis was way crazy. We went during Thanksgiving and there was probably over 200,000 people there. It was wall to wall camping. The sand drags were fun and of course there was no shortage of women showing the breasts (the guys liked that of course) Then at night we would go to comp hill and there were so many people there, you only a couple different exits out and the low-lives with no bikes would dig big ditches and when you tried to get through, of course you got stuck and they would pelt you with sand and bottles and whatever they could grad. People were lighting motors on fire. It was just crazy. Next time we won't go down into the middle of all that. Definetely not a place for children. There was a point that it was actually scarey.

It could be a family adventure as long as you kept the kids away from that. There's plenty of riding, the place is huge and the dunes are awesome. You should visit there sometime. It's about 4 hrs from here and worth the drive.

I haven't heard of that place in Oregon. Is it southern coast?

We should meet up somewhere half way, that would be fun. Do you know of some mutally convenient place?

LiLMissHondaEx
07-22-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
LILMISSHONDAEX~~Where is Livingston?

Unfortunately just a little too far for you I am sure....it is in Southern KY. Too bad we all werent a little closer.

Anyone that is close....we are planning on heading down there this coming weekend....if anyone is interested let me know. It is a really awesome place to ride! PM me if you wanna meet up.

07-22-2002, 07:17 PM
Hi Ladies:
I am here in Cleveland Ohio and i was wondering if there was anyone near me, and maybe we can ride together

HondaRancherES
07-22-2002, 08:40 PM
I think the bad part is all of us dont live near each other.

QuadJunkies
07-22-2002, 09:51 PM
z28jan~~ St.Anthonys is in Idaho.it is up by the Wyoming border,also near Idaho Falls and Rexburg.You can astually see the Teon mountains from the dunes.I hear it gets really hot there where you live:blah .I only knowof a few places in Utah Oregon,Calf. and Idaho.Maybe if us girls put our heads together and REALLY plan on this ,and REALLY be serious,we could plan a group ride to Glamis or Oregon dunes.What do you think? Any body game for a trip for next summer?? Yes.. I wish we were all a little closer.. :(

07-23-2002, 09:02 AM
Quadjunkies - Yeah it gets pretty hot here. Couple of weeks ago it was over 118. When I first got here last June, the heat was miserable, but this year its not so bad. I suppose I have adjusted to it. :square

We should start planning a trip for next year. There's certainly plenty of time to get something organized. I know for sure we will be in Glamis during Thanksgiving. That's a gimme. My fiancee would like to go to Coos Bay for Dunefest. That's the first week of August usually. Maybe at some point between now and then we should meet and ride somewhere in Idaho or I here there's great place in Utah somewhere. I also heard that Coral Pink is an awesome place.

Okay, gotta get to work now. :p

QuadJunkies
07-23-2002, 10:15 AM
z28jan~~Im game for Oregon or Cali!!Ok ladies..what do you think?If you want to form a ride,lets do it!! :) Would anyone else be interested in riding in Ore. or Cali in Aug. of next year.If we start planning it now,and we really want to do it,then lets go for it!I will have to bring along the hubby and my 2 kids so I can make it a vacation for the whole familybut the Hubby is a real kick,plus he will be a big help if I run into any problems with my quad.Im really home sick from all the beaches so this gives me a good excuse to go!!!

QuadJunkies
07-23-2002, 10:18 AM
z28jan~~ OH, I forgot to mention..I know what you mean about the heat..Its been anywhere from 98-115 for 2 wks here .At one time we were hotter than anywhere in the U.S. last wk.! WHEWW:blah

07-23-2002, 10:47 AM
Quadjunkies - Where are you in Idaho? Anywhere near Mountain Home? My sister was stationed there for a few years, and I remember it getting pretty warm.

If we are going to try and plan a trip in August, then I would suggest the Oregon coast. Glamis will still be way too hot to have any fun. Besides, the scenery in Oregon is wonderful and well worth our 16 hour drive to get there. Of course, my man would be coming. He's gong to get pretty excited when I tell him we are going. He's been wanting to go there for a long time.

02exchic
07-23-2002, 11:19 AM
Well ladies.....I live in Oregon so if you are gonna head this way just give me a heads up on the dates and I will do what it takes to join ya.
I would also be bringing my man and two dogs with me.
We could always just leave the guys at camp to keep each other company whiile we go have some fun! ;)

07-23-2002, 12:48 PM
02exchic - You're up near Portland right? You wouldn't have too long of a drive to Coos Bay. Have you ever been to Horsefall Beach? It's actually in North Bend. Dunefest is usually the first week in August, so mark your calendars, should be fun. We actually wanted to go this year, but instead I'm headed to Anchorage, Alaska to visit my sis. Going to be quite a climate change from Vegas, but it's only for a week. Maybe I won't turn into an popsicle :)

02exchic
07-23-2002, 02:09 PM
z28jan ~ I have never been to Coos Bay. I have been to Florence but not farther south. I hear it's great! My fiancee went to Dune Fest a couple years ago and had a BLAST!
We were going to go this year but timimg is not working out for us. I will be visiting with my sister too, except she is coming to see me.
We are going to take her riding that weekend but can only go as far as Sand Lake. This will be my first time back in the sand since March. I am looking forward to it. Dirt riding is a blast too, but there is nothing quite like the dunes!! :D :D

Have a great time with your sis!! Maybe it will just feel like someone turned the Ac up too high and you can defrost when you get back to Vegas.

QuadJunkies
07-23-2002, 02:44 PM
z28jan~~Yes,I am about 45 minute drive from mnt.home.The first or second wk. of Aug. sound s good to me! My kids will be gearing up for the school later that month sooo.LETS DO IT!:)02excic~~does that work for you?Where in Ore. do you want to go?I have been to Florence,but never duned anywhere else on the coast.When is dunefest usually?

02exchic
07-23-2002, 03:21 PM
QuadJunkies ~ Dune Fest is usually the first weekend of August. I would love to have an excuse to go to Florence, or one of the areas around there. I'm sure if we plan it soon enough before it will be a done deal. Either of those weeks would work just fine. Worst case senario that I can think of is dealing with time off of work but my fiancee and I would make it for at least part of the time everyone would be there.

07-23-2002, 04:12 PM
Quadjunkies & 02exchic - I think we should shoot for Dune Fest which is in Coos Bay/North Bend. A little farther south then Florence. I have heard that it is well worth the trip and I know my fiancee is dying to visit there. At least I could kill two birds with one stone, sort of speak.

LiLMissHondaEx
07-23-2002, 08:53 PM
Sure wish I lived out west to experience all of those sand dunes with you ladies!!

07-23-2002, 09:04 PM
LilMissHondaEx - Sand is definetely the best. Don't you have any dunes in Ohio anywhere? :square

LiLMissHondaEx
07-24-2002, 12:00 AM
No sand dunes....well in Attica Indiana (Badlands)...I think a 3 hour drive for me....I have not been there yet, but have heard that it is not true sand...more like pea gravel. Anyone else hear this??? I have had several people tell me that.

QuadJunkies
07-24-2002, 12:57 AM
is there no way for you to come:( I wish ALL of you could go.That would be a day to remember.If there is any way you can make it,DO!If not I understand,its a long way for you to go,but I swear,its worth it!Sand is the best!!:)

ThorChick
07-24-2002, 02:30 AM
Wow!!! Its really great to see other women as interested in riding as I am. My name is Kacy, I'm 19, and I purchased my first quad in October of 2001. I'd riden with friends before, but never by myself before I bought my own. I used to go camping at he dunes with a lot of guy friends and I finally got tired of getting stuck at camp because I didn't have a truck or a quad to go out on. Needless to say, I never get left behind now.

My quad is a 2002 300ex, and as much as I do love my bike I think its time to get a Banshee. (hehe, the need for speed) I live in Eugene, Oregon and I'm no more than 55 miles from the nearest dune area, Florence. I started out by riding in mud, and that was tons of fun. But riding in sand is a lot easier and lately they've shut down most of the good muddin areas I'm close to. So recently I've been sticking to sand. (it hurts less too, if you wreck!)

My boyfriend, Andrew, is 25 and he rides an '86 250R. Its a beast!! It has a 330cc LRD motor in it and will give pretty much anything a run for its money. I haven't ridden it very much because its a twist throttle and has too much power as far as I'm concerned, but I definitley will steal it a lot more after he converts it to a thumb throttle!!

A few years ago, before purchasing my quad, I went to dunefest. I had a complete blast!! This year though, we are skipping dunefest due to the outrageous fees they are charging for camping, events, and entry fees. Camping alone will be $60, so we will most likely be riding at Florence that weekend. Anyone wanting to join us and make a mini-Dunefest of our own is more than welcome to!! Camping fees are much much lower and we won't charge for drag racing!! Hope to see some of you there, just look for a girl on a yellow 300ex outriding ad embarrassing all of the guys with her. (hehe) Okay, so I won't be able to outrun them but I sure as **** can keep up with the big boys, and usually I'm at the head of the pack with all the banshee boys behind me.

02exchic
07-24-2002, 08:42 AM
Hey ThorChic...always nice to see others here in Oregon. I live way up north from you. Have to say that I am jealous you live so close to Florenec. That must be great!!! I miss sand riding, it's been awhile. I like getting dirty too but there isn't anything like a good day at the dunes. :devil

Wish I could get to Florence that weekend, but no deal. My sister is here and she has to be back early Monday to catch a plane. We are headed to Sand Lake which will be fun, just not the same.... HAVE FUN!

LiLMissHondaEx...the second you hear of a dune area....go there. You will love it. :D

ThorChick
07-24-2002, 10:24 AM
02exchic- My boyfriend is actually from Newberg, so I'm up near you pretty often. A lot of his friends (mine now too) are from the Tigard and Molalla areas so when they come down here and ride with us at Florence I'm designated tour guide. I've been to Sandlake several times as well, the last time being Memorial Day weekend. Although the riding area there isn't anything compared to Florence, I still have a blast every time we ride.

If you were there Memorial Day weekend you might have seen me embarrass myself in front of abot 500 people drag racing on the flats. Another girl was out there on a stock 300ex and we raced several times. The second time we raced I started out in second gear, revved up pretty high, and dumped the clutch at the start. 300ex's are wheeling machines, and mine is no exception. I wheelied straight up into the air and landed on my back. Everyone started honking their horns, clapping, and yelling as I stood up and some kid handed me my flag. I was pretty embarrassed but it didn't stop me from hopping on my friend's banshee and going back out there to race.

Maybe sometime we'll see you at Sandlake if ot Florence!

NTPracing22
07-24-2002, 10:34 AM
there's deff. a turn on involved with chicks that ride quads...

02exchic
07-24-2002, 12:17 PM
ThorChick ~ Oh my! That's great! Laugh it off and go back to kick some a**! I don't quite have the skills to race yet.

My fiancee and I will be at Sand Lake the weekend of 8/2-8/4. I ride a 400ex and my fiancee has an RM250. My little sister will be with us, gonna teach her how to ride! :cool:

Maybe we will see you there some time, that would be fun.

07-24-2002, 01:08 PM
S O B ...man thought I would see bunch o hotties in lil ridin
tops .. ya know the CUT ones ...we need mo pics!!!!..here

Nausty
07-24-2002, 01:24 PM
don't ruin it guys.

02exchic
07-24-2002, 01:44 PM
Too late....and I was just about to post a 'picture' too......oh well, you're loss.

Seriously guys, what's the big deal with chicks who ride??? :confused:
We like to ride just as much as you do, we like to mod our quads just as much as you do, etc, etc, etc. So really....what's the BIG deal?

07-24-2002, 02:05 PM
02 ex chic,...You sound cool as all ..wish mine would work on her "R" a lil.....at times ...
Ya probably don't like my post ...?huh?(i'm just a lill smart *ssed,ya know ..but mean NO harm.. lol)
I ride occasionally with ...a girl (other than my other half)...she
rocks ..,rides great ..I thinks its great to SEEEEE all the women out there ..I really apppreciate it ,...tooo!
... & when i ride with the "Ladies" ..I'm ALWAYS a gentlemen...
I let em ride in front .......(love the VIEW!)....from behind .lol...

Doibugu2
07-24-2002, 02:23 PM
Seriously guys, what's the big deal with chicks who ride???We like to ride just as much as you do, we like to mod our quads just as much as you do, etc, etc, etc. So really....what's the BIG deal?

The big deal, mainly cuss there is like 4 chics who like to ride as much as the guys. There is like 3k members on this site, and there only what 4 or so girls.

Besides, chics that can ride is a big turn on for us guys.

Send me your pic, and I will give everyone an unbiased opinion of what you look like!

02exchic
07-24-2002, 02:31 PM
"2-R's Rider" ~ All in good fun!!! Always nice when people have a good sense of humor!
Thanks for the compliment.
I love to do my own work, haven't had to do much so far (knock on wood) but I always believe that no one can do it quite like me. --I'm actually too picky to let anyone do it, I like to keep things clean as possible-- My fiancee helps out with stuff when I need it but he would rather I do it myself-- We have some good "bonding" time when we work on our bikes.

I ride with mostly guys and I always hang part way back in the group. I like the view as well. :blah

07-24-2002, 02:40 PM
knew ya was cool!!!!!!!! lol....I 'm a lil crazy bout the cleanin too! ......it the "INS" that get me ...like non stop .. between cleanIN ,ridIN(my fav..), maintencIN,...hardly a day goes by I don't SEE em(s) ...other wise i might really be chasin "ladies" ....he he ...

02exchic
07-24-2002, 02:40 PM
Doibugu2 ~ Guess I can see your point... I like guys who ride too, that's why I'm marrying one. :D
There are more than 4 chicks on this site, I have seen them in other forums...don't know where they are now.

As far as the picture goes...picture this:
5'8"
long blonde hair
blue eyes.....
on a 400ex
:devil

02exchic
07-24-2002, 02:44 PM
"2-R's Rider" ~ you 'R' (literally) crazy!!! :)

Just remember, it's okay to look as long as you don't touch.
Ladies do it just as much as guys, there is no denying it! :D

07-24-2002, 02:47 PM
CRAZY......now ya talkin me language !!!!
"Yeah yeah yeah I been told " BUT!,...I seeeee your point !

02exchic
07-24-2002, 02:52 PM
"2-R's Rider" ~ you and your lady must have quite the good time!

Doibugu2
07-24-2002, 03:32 PM
02exchic,

sounds good to me.

Boy do I need a women, think putting an ad in the classifieds here would work?:D

02exchic
07-24-2002, 04:01 PM
Doibugu2 ~ Couldn't hurt....might get some interesting replies.

QuadJunkies
07-24-2002, 06:22 PM
Good to see a few more people come visit us here!:) Hey ladies, I was wondering,where is Sand Lake? I hear of it alot, but im not familiar with it.I am going to post a pic of me and my hot rod Daughter just as soon as I can figure out how to do it,or maybe I will put it on my image station instead..Its great to see this thread is smokin:blah

ThorChick
07-25-2002, 02:26 AM
Sandlake is a small area of sand (I'm no even sure if you can call it a dune area) just below Tillamook. The nearest cities are Hebo and Pacific City. It offers beach access, some trails, 2 main "bowls", and the majority being flats.
I personlly prefer Florence over Sandlake because of the difference in size. The things I like about Sandlake is the lack of a sound ordinance and curfew. Florence has a sound ordinance of 93 decibals and a curfew of 10 pm during the season and 12 am on holidays. I also live a lot closer to Florence so we are frequently making day trips over there.

07-25-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by LiLMissHondaEx
No sand dunes....well in Attica Indiana (Badlands)...I think a 3 hour drive for me....I have not been there yet, but have heard that it is not true sand...more like pea gravel. Anyone else hear this??? I have had several people tell me that.

what you have heard is true, but it would still be worth it probably it is a great place to ride..... it is also about a 3 or 4 hour drive away from me also.....

k.c.

NTPracing22
07-25-2002, 06:56 AM
Doibugu2- lol, good call. try it and see what happens

07-25-2002, 08:20 AM
Yeah we do a have a good time ridin &....sometimes we even search for big FLAT Rocks ...He he... Still waitin on pics here...C'mon 02 ,,,since ya did describe your self lets SEEE it"I promise to LOOK"....

02exchic
07-25-2002, 09:15 AM
"2-R's Rider" ~ I hate to tell ya this....but I do not have a digital camera, or a scanner....sorry. I look good though (lol !!)
On our next ride (weekend of 8/3) my sister will be with us and she will bring her camera....I will post a pic from that when I get them. Then you can look....hee hee. :)

ThorChick ~ I really am jealous that Florence is a day trip for you!!! Sand Lake is fun but no comparison to Florence, wish I was closer.....maybe I should move!

02exchic
07-25-2002, 09:49 AM
Well, it's not the best picture but I did find one that was taken a couple months ago. This is me and one of my babies (sorry don't have one of the quad...)

I apologize ahead of time of the pic does not show up....never done this before. ;)

FoxRacingsgirl
07-25-2002, 11:01 AM
Quadjunkies~ What an enormous response you got. :) I think that it is great that the women out there can have a place to go too....I just hope that it doesn't turn into to the guys asking for pics every other post....dont need another babycakes posting ten thousand pics....right? lol. Did you ever post a pic of your ride? 02exchic your dog is adorable!!!

02exchic
07-25-2002, 12:03 PM
FoxRacingsgirl ~ Thanks, she has one of those faces! And don't worry, that's the only pic of me that will ever go on here (no disrespect to babycakes--however, that was a little excessive) Wish I had a pic of the quad to post. I have lost of pics, but none of them are digital.

The rest of you ladies should post some pics of your quads. We've seen some from Quadjunkies, HondaRancgerES and nat3060...need some more. :)

Quadjunkies ~ Kudos on starting this thread, it's great to talk to other ladies who love to ride. Really wish we were all closer together.

QuadJunkies
07-25-2002, 01:18 PM
THORCHICK~~OK... I cant believe that Sand Lake is near Hebo.I used to livein Hebo years ago and never new it was there! Of course, I new nothing about a quad then either,ill have to swing a ride down there when we take our trip there next year.Im sure homesick form the Ore. coast,wish I could move back~~:(

QuadJunkies
07-25-2002, 01:31 PM
FoxRacingGirl~~NO worries...We will NOT let this become a meat market for the guys,I think most of them are just poking fun~~But I do think we should try and post pics of ourselves,so It will make it a little easier to put a face with my replies.This will be probably the clostest to getting to know all of you ladies that live too far away:( But I still think a group ride for all that can do it should! My hubby is jacked about the whole thing:)I am planning a group ride to our local dunes on Sat. SO ill take a few pics and try to post them,can someone show me how to do?I only know how to post in my imagestation,Also If amy of your are interested...We are going to St. Anthonys Aug.16-20 if anyone is interested in going,PM me(Cant ememberif I metioned it earlier in this thread) And thanks for all you ladies being a part of this thread, I think this is the most fun I have ever had on a computer,I look forward to checking my mail a few times a day:blah

QuadJunkies
07-25-2002, 01:33 PM
20exchick~~Oh...I forgot to mention.....GOOD PIC!:):)

ThorChick
07-25-2002, 01:49 PM
I have a few pics of my quad and myself, and one or two inludes my friend Kirsten's Warrior. Kirsten and I worked together a few months ago and I'm happy to say that she bought her quad thanks to me. I taught her to ride and the next week she went and bought her Warrior. The next person I'll be subjecting to this addiction is my 11 year old sister Mercedes. We're going to teach her to ride my boyfriend's extra bike, the 200SX.

ThorChick
07-25-2002, 01:54 PM
Heres another pic of my 300EX and Kirsten's Warrior.

02exchic
07-25-2002, 02:20 PM
ThorChick ~ NICE QUAD!! I love yellow!
It's great to get someone out there and see how excited they get about it! I remember when my fiancee taught me how to ride, he just laughed at me constantly. Was pretty hard for me to wipe the grin off my face. Now we are taking my younger sister out when we get the chance. She's only been out with me once before, and rode a little by herself--having problems with the clutch. But, she loved it! Especially the night riding.

I agree with QuadJunkies--post some pics, that way we know who we are talking to. ;)
Really looking forward to this group ride, even though it's a year away. Will be a blast, always good to have something to look forward to.

Oh, almost forgot...to post a picture use the browse button under the attach file section of the replies window. Then just find your file and double click it to attach it. (At least that's how I did it and it workedfor me)

ThorChick
07-25-2002, 03:37 PM
02exchic ~ There isn't a whole lot of summer time left to plan trips with, but maybe sometime before it gets too cold we should all go to Sandlake. Not a lot of my friends can afford quads and my boyfriend doesn't really know any girls besides me that do ride. It'd be fun to meet some new people to ride with, and maybe another girl that I can drag race without fear of embarassing myself too much!! (no more complete vertical wheelies!) I'd also like to see how well my bike can hold up to a 400EX. Let me know what you think.

Oh yea, incuded is one more pic of me that shows a little bit better close up of my face. Last one, I promise!!

QuadJunkies
07-25-2002, 04:06 PM
Ok...I cant believe Im posting these pics!!.Im a little shy when It comes to the camera,keep in mind a few of these I took for my hunny,so they may be a little cheesy.:o www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291574243

QuadJunkies
07-25-2002, 04:12 PM
THORCHICK~~That is a great picture of you!Ill send moe pics of my quadwhen I get my graphics kit put on! I have finished designing it, so off to the printing I cant wait to see it!!

ThorChick
07-25-2002, 04:20 PM
QuadJunkies ~ I had no idea you could design your own graphics kit! Is there a program or something I need to buy? I haven't been able to find any kits I like that go with yellow, except for the White Bros. graphics kit that I saw on a 400EX. As far as I know, White Bros. doesn't even make it for the 300EX.

Is it legal in Idaho to ride your quads on the road? I noticed license plates on all of your quads and thought maybe thats why. If so, I'm moving to Idaho!! My dad lives somewhere in northern Idaho, but I've never been that far up. Last I knew it was Haley. We used to spend a lot of our summers in Kimberly and Twin Falls when some of our family lived there. Maybe I'll have to take a trip to the dunes there sometime!

07-25-2002, 08:23 PM
Quadjunkies--you are braver than i...i don't know about if i could post a pic of myself...:)

07-25-2002, 09:17 PM
:D 02' I 'll give ya an "A" for effort .. ...
Since you went throught all the trouble....w/o
camera /scanner....

Yeah! post some pics of next ride ...
Ya both look good there ..!!!...
:cool: :D :)

Rastus
07-25-2002, 09:54 PM
I love women, I cant help it! :D
Seriously, im glad i met my GF, and wouldnt change a thing. One big plus is she rides too! :) :cool:
Keep on being outgoing, ladies, its nice to se guys with nice bikes, but its even better to see women on nice bikes :D :)

About the looking thing, im sure women do, jsut they dont make it as noticeable. Guys, if a nice looking lady walks by, they almost drop dead, and start drooling.And watch for like 20 seconds as she comes up, goes past, and goes out of sight.

Ladies take like two glances(or more :D ) but they sure dont make it as noticeable.

FoxRacingsgirl
07-25-2002, 11:31 PM
QuadJunkies~
Dont be shy the pics turned out great! and I am definatly not saying we shouldn't post pics, I agree to put a name with a face, I just didn't want this to be a meatmarket like you said.

My pic is on the husband/bf pics thread...first one and I was a little lazy so I figured I would direct you all rather than transfer the pic to this thread...if you dont mind :)

Thorchick~
The pics look great!

QuadJunkies
07-25-2002, 11:47 PM
RaceGirl~~Oh trust me..If I can post one.so can you!:) I am one of the most"I hate pictures"people I know.THats why I dont have alot to post yet, I have lots of my family, but Im not in any of them.These pics were kinda cheesy,me and my daughter had fun doing them though,she laughed her butt off when I had her pose doing all her Trick riding;) he,he,come on.. send a pic of yourself!2-R"s rider~~ill post more after my trip to St. ANTOHNYS:D THORCHICK~~As for programs...I dont know of any, what you need to do is decide what you want,draw it out,take it to a graphics place,and have them put it on vinyl,you know like a plce that makes signs and stuff. I dont know if mine will turn out or not,im debating one color on it still then its off to print OH,and the license plates are for...when you ride in certain counties,some require you to be registered through the DMV,so we pay the Xtra on all (except the 50cc,not a requirement for a 50cc or less)costs about 15.00each for a year.Tehn we can ride in any county with no hassles.Im yet to see anyone else do it here,better to be safe than sorry with a nice little fine:eek:

QuadJunkies
07-25-2002, 11:51 PM
92:250X-er~~Your right on the nose ....about the "looking thing" Arent us women sneaky like that:p

02exchic
07-26-2002, 08:52 AM
ThorChick ~ That would be fun. My fiancee and I were just talking about a possible trip to Florence in September or October before it gets too far into the rainy season. Sand Lake would be cool too. I'll have to see what weekends we are available in September, we are leaving in 2 1/2 weeks for Jamaice--getting married!! then he will have to start working some OT at work on the weekends....so we might only be able to go for day rides. (not that I'm complaining-at least we will still be able to ride)
Oh, as far as racing is concerned--that would be fun but I can promise that you will whoop me. I have never raced before--looking forward to trying/learning how to. I am still trying to master jumping without endoing on the landing. I always seem to do better when no one is watching. :p

"2-R's Rider" ~ Thanks! :D I'll see what I can do with pics from the next ride.

QuadJunkies ~ looking forward to seeing how those graphics turn out!!

02exchic
07-26-2002, 08:56 AM
QuadJunkies ~ Those pics are great!!!! Must be so much fun to ride with your kids! :)

QuadJunkies
07-26-2002, 10:24 AM
02EXCHICK~~I want to hear all the details about the honeymoon...(well, maybe not ALL of them he,he,:o )Ive been with my hubby for 12 yrs. now....almost 10 of it since we married! wow! im only 33, seems like only a few years ago,boy does the time fly.Im glad some of you in your pics, now I can picture who I am talking to:) keep the pics coming .I want to see LOTS OF QUADS!:):):):):)

SLB400EX
07-26-2002, 10:43 AM
I'm jumping in here kinda late..but better late than never I guess. Between the kids, the house, the hubby, the garden, etc...I'm not on the puter a whole lot any more.
It's cool to finally see more "girls" here. I've been a member of this board for a very looong time and let me say..."It's about time"!!!! :D
Ok..anyhow... I'm 34. Married with 4 daughters. Been riding since late '98. Learned to ride on my husband's 400ex. Sharing his quad sucked so I got my very own in '99. Started out on a 300ex..wrecked that a year later so I bought a 400ex. Wrecked that too a few times but like it soooo much I still have it! ;)
I do a bit of wrenching on our quads too!! Love to pick up a socket and get greasy!! :devil Just hate it when things break tho. This weeks lesson--changing out the axle bearings!!!!!
I've ridden with Jenny a few times too.... :) ..where ya at girl???
I have a photo album you all can check out if ya want to see our rides and other "interesting" pics. One or two pics of me in there, but not many. I am usually BEHIND the camera. Jenny is in a few pics...
I'll check back in later..nice to meet you all!!!!!!!

Sherri

Rastus
07-26-2002, 11:09 AM
QuadJunkies- Yep, you women are sneaky sneaky :D :) :p ANother thing, in your pictures, i noticed your eyes are like REALLY radiant,they are like telling people what to do,lol.

I know you guys dont want a picture of me.Im ugly :(

02exchic
07-26-2002, 11:38 AM
QuadJunkies ~ I am sooooo looking forward to this trip! I'll give some bits and pieces when I return.

SLB400EX ~ GREAT PICS!! ;) I love looking at all thses pics that are being posted. That area you ride looks really fun! And better late than never!!

QuadJunkies
07-28-2002, 10:32 AM
Im sure you are a great looking guy!I want to see a pic of you now!:) You can pm me if you want..And besides..Looks are NOT everything..As for my pics...I had MAJOR allergies that day,and my eyes are very red,didnt want you all think I did drugs or something he,he,.SLB400ex~~ Great to see yet another woman rider,Im gonna check out your pics in a minute,As with you ,I like to work on my quad too..I dont know a lot yet, my Im totally intrigued by the whole thing:)I wish I had more time to work on it, we are always in such a hurry,so hubby does it most of the time.WELL LADIES...,we now have a new addition to the womens quad world:p She is my next door neighbor,her boyfriend has been wanting a quad,but she didnt want him to have one.....That iss until she rode one of my kids minis,then she was HOOKED!!And I do mean hooked...She made her boyfriend go by himself one to share w/her,(they bought a raptor)the only problem is she wont share..he,he, I told her to now go buy her own,now that she has learned to gear.She wants a 300ex for herself...I had to share this,because we are slowly but surely converting our neighbor hood into "QUADJUNKIES" too..

Rastus
07-28-2002, 11:01 AM
lemme see if i can find a purrrrrty picture.

Well,..Im the guy all the way to the right. Sorry i couldnt find any better pics.Ill keep lookin.

Rastus
07-28-2002, 11:05 AM
.Heres another. I look kinda funny cause it was cold outside.it ws like 50 * outside.Thats sucked, didnt bring a coat either :(:eek: :p

(im on the left)

QuadJunkies
07-28-2002, 11:14 AM
I know what you mean buy busy..Between work and everyday life,I will never be caught up:( I saw your pics,;) Great!!:) keep sending pics as you update on rides or mods...Oh, I frogot to mention...I went duning yesterday..What a day! I rode my first Raptor,Banshee,and the Bombadier650 with a twist throddle,man what a rush...That DS has a rev kit on it, and boy does it fly..I think its too heavy for me,but I loved the feel of it.And the raptor too.surprising enough I didnt like the Banshee..Too rough and I didnt like the sound of it,(Im used to my Yoshi)but I love to drag,so that was sweet for power.It was great to switch out and ride others all day though..

QuadJunkies
07-28-2002, 11:20 AM
The only problem I saw with that pic, was you looked Freakin cold! I see you have been playin in the mud,thats a blast..i took mine watercrossing yesterday..Now thats a blast..I need to snorkle my breather though..thanks for posting your pic!:)

Rastus
07-28-2002, 11:47 AM
np.Think any of you gals out west could make a trip out to Hatfeild -McCoy trail system? That would be a blast if a whole bunch of people could go.Rico, you better watch out for that bridge next time, lol.Hopefully there wont be as many smoke breaks.lol.

SLB400EX
07-29-2002, 06:36 AM
...but she'll find out real soon that sharing a quad is the pits!!!!! :) Been there, done that!! Her story kinda reminds me of my story. When Rob said he wanted to buy a quad and I thought it was the dumbest idea on the planet. Then, I took a ride on the neighbors warrior...........the rest is history.
As for wrenching on the quads-I'm kinda lucky. I'm a 'stay-at-home-mom' so I have the time to work on them. Mind you, I only do the simple stuff like changin' oil, changin' brakes, cleanin' the air filter, etc. When it comes to bigger jobs like valve adjusting and such, I either help or have Rob walk me thru the process. Gotta wonder what the neighbors think when the see HIM in a chair, sittting back all relaxed, while I'M wrenching on my quad. lol.
Duning........wow....one of these days I'd love to go north to Silver Lake and play in the sand. One day we'll get there......
:(

250X er..we have friends that ride the H/M area a lot and they love it. They're bound determinded to get us there, and I'm sure they will one of these days.

Later..... :D ...... Sherri

QuadJunkies
07-29-2002, 10:09 AM
sorry... But this girl is all tapped out for the year:( I have a trip to St.Anthonys coming up in Aug. and that will be all the trips for the year.It sounds like a blast.I ve never been trailing before.Im addicted to sand:D Have a great time...SLB400EX~~Boy..I wish I could atay home:( it makes sense for you though,why work with 4 kids in daycare,thts why I work swing,so the hubby is home with them at night,its a drag during the school year though,I only end up getting 4 hrs. sleep!!..........Well ladies..today is the day to go to the graphics company and put together my graphics kit..Wish mee luck it turns out..:confused:

QuadJunkies
07-29-2002, 10:12 AM
Oh, I forgot to relpy...It does suck to share the quad..been there...done that...She rules the roostthough!! She will get one soon im sure.he,he,

SLB400EX
07-29-2002, 05:09 PM
Quadjunkie, you work swing shift?? Rob works swing shift too in a steel plant. Another reason why I don't work right now..... besides the fact that day care would cost a fortune(my whole pay check most likely), Rob and I would never see each other. :( He works a very goofy swing shift now(started last month)...he only has one long weekend off a month now. It's hard to get ride time now and I get bummed out on the weekends he works. We have a ride planned for this coming Sunday with a big group of friends and I am getting sooooo excited.
You've NEVER been trail riding???????? Wow..we have a blast on the trails. But then again, we've never been on the sand. YET. One of these days we will, I'm sure of it.

Good luck with the graphics..post pics!!

QuadJunkies
07-29-2002, 05:30 PM
Yes... I too work swing.:( I ahve been doing it for many years now.It sucks trying to get the samedays off,I work nights,he works days..He has off Wk. ends ...I work ALL wk. ends...I hate it soo bad.But at least the kids are around both parents al the time, and THAT itself will pay off in the long run...Nope... never been trailing, but im about to this fall,going to Idaho city with a buddy ,cant wait.....Ill post some pics when I ge them..:)

QuadJunkies
07-29-2002, 09:40 PM
So lets hear about it...I am curious what kind of terrain you ride on the most?DO most of you trail ride,is there groomed tracks out where you live?Around here,not much.Well, I guess that not totally true,LOTS of places to trail ride,and a few places to just goof around on, but It is so dry and Hot hear,I hate to ride on the hardpack.Its hard dirt ,(Well,duh,dirt id hard) And I mean dessert hard,with lots of Talc like dirt,easy to bang yourself up on .I take what I can get,but for just a short day of riding,it is far and few in between here.

02exchic
07-30-2002, 03:07 PM
Hello again ladies :)

Here in Oregon I get to do bothe trail riding and dunes. Pretty lucky, we are here in this lovely state.
Recently my finacee and I have been mostly trail riding, which I love. We mostly go to Browns Camp, it has a good mix of easy and difficult trails, mud puddles, gravel pits, etc. We go there a lot because it is only 40 minutes from home.
This weekend we are going to hit some dunes--smaller ones--at Sand Lake. I am looking forward to it, haven;t ridden in the sand since March or so. Later in the year we will take a long weekend to Florence (big dunes).

So lets hear about some other areas :blah

Jennys440'Dale
07-31-2002, 06:35 AM
I am finally here Sher.... just had a hard time trying to get in here. Sher told me to get my butt over here and let everyone in on the good news (she said she would beat me up if I didn't ;) Nick FINALLY proposed to me this weekend. After 4.5 years, he finally decided that I deserved a ring. Although we will not be getting married for at least two years.

I don't think I will ever be able to make it out to the west coast to do some riding. It is so far away! Although a group of us will be making it to the sand dunes in Michigan this year.

02exchic
07-31-2002, 08:21 AM
Jennys400ex ~ Congrats!!! :)

QuadJunkies
07-31-2002, 10:21 AM
Congratulations!!!Sometimes men are a little on the slow side,but they do come aroung,sometimes you have to just light a fire under there butt!!:p (no offence guys);) I do understand on the driving time,it is a long way..I have met up with a few other riders on a couple other forums that is interested in a grop ride in St. Anthoyns in 2 weeks, so I guess we will be meeting up with others, Im really excited about that, I only wish it was people from EXRIDERS..This is by FAR...my favorite bunch to hang with...But next year ill meet up with some of ya for sure...:D

SLB400EX
07-31-2002, 12:08 PM
...started taking stuff of my 400, getting ready to replace the axle bearings....and wouldn't ya know, I can't get those darn bolts loose on the rotor. D@mn thread locker anyhow. lol!! Gonna have to get the hubbies help when he wakes up!!! See??? Men do come in handy once in a while huh??? (j/k haha)
Soooo, thought I'd drop by and see what ya all have been up too. I'm enjoying this post... :D
QuadJunkie..I finally had a chance to sit down and look at your pics..VERY COOL!! How'd it go with the graphics the other day?
Jenny....It's about time you came back chic....and once again..CONGRATS!!

As for the type of terrain we ride....TRAILS. We mainly ride Wayne Nat'l Forest in the southern part of Ohio. Lots of different type of terrain - from rocky & rutted to flat & smooth to slimy & muddy. Tight and technical to wide open so you can fly. There are some pretty cool jumps on the trails that keep things interesting too. The only thng WNF doesn't have is sand. Some of the dirt, in some areas, is just as soft as sand though.
Did I say we've got a big group ride coming up this weekend!!!!! I'm soooo excited....but yet bummed cuz Jenny and Nick can't make it. We just can't seem to get our ducks in row and ride together this year. :(

Later,
Sher

07-31-2002, 01:48 PM
o2,..hello again...I see your in Oregan..
Are ya close to those damn fires??...hope not ..

02exchic
07-31-2002, 02:12 PM
"2-R's Rider" ~ Hey! Nope, not near the fires. I live up north of all of that stuff. Glad too, looks like a pretty bad scene. Fell real sorry for all those people that have lost their homes. I had a fire in my house once, only lost my puppy which found her way home (thank god). I was always one to think it would never happen to me......I'll never say that again!

ThorChick lives down in that area though...how is the are doing???

QuadJunkies
07-31-2002, 03:35 PM
02exchic~~Where are the fires at anyhow??I havent watched the news in awlile..My Father in lwa lives in Alsea.DO you know hwere that is? Anywhere near him? SBL400EX~~ I am heading to the graphics place today,they want to take some pics with a ditigal camera and size it all in the computer and Im going to decide what kind of details to add to my checkers..I am ordering my seat cover this wk .too,to match the checkers..I cant wait to see it all done.I think the funnest part of it all, is no one will have the same design..:)Im hoping to have it done befroe we haed to St. Anthonys in 2 wks.;)

07-31-2002, 05:19 PM
Hey Quadjunkies - Gosh I was gone for a week and a whole bunch more women found this forum. Wow, that's great.

For sure we're getting together next year to meet up and ride the beautiful dunes....

My man and I are headed to Glamis this weekend for a night ride on Saturday. Its too hot to ride during the day, but it's awesome at night. I think I'm just a little more careful at night. No crazy stuff. :-) Thank goodness Glamis is only a few hours away. Can't wait to go. Maybe I'll take some pics and post one up when I get back.

Jennys400- congrats on the engagement.

Okay, gotta go for now.

:cool:

07-31-2002, 05:24 PM
Forgot to mention- I've got some friends in Medford, Oregon (southern) and they say it's miserable there with all the smoke. They can't even see the mountains anymore. They say there's major evacuations going on right now. I used to live there for a while and I can't imagine how crappy it is there right now.

tants
07-31-2002, 05:32 PM
so many girls, such little time...

QuadJunkies
07-31-2002, 08:02 PM
z28jan~~ I hope you have a great trip,wish I was going with ya,but for SURE next year!;) Have fun, be safe,and take LOTS of pics!:D I want to see what its like there. That is so sad about the fires.hopefully they all hav efriends and family to help them out.I will have to check in with the in-law and see how bad the smoke is there in Alsea.THat is arond Eugene i think. Or about 30 min. from Florence.Nasty250r~~So many girls..........You couldnt handle us if you had the time!!lol....:p :D :devil :blah

02exchic
08-01-2002, 09:04 AM
QuadJunkies ~ The fires are down around Florence, Oregon. Sounds like it gets wore by the day. I haven't been home too much to watch the news but from what little I have seen, it's pretty bad. I really feel for those people in that area. :(

Oh.....Nasty250r....what QuadJunkies said!! :devil :devil
(all you guys that come in here just crack me up!!)

08-01-2002, 09:20 AM
Quadjunkies - I've got some pics of Glamis from our last trip. I didn't have my 400ex then, so none of me, but if you just want to see what it looks like there I can scan a couple and post them. Let me know. The dunes go on and on forever.

QuadJunkies
08-01-2002, 09:39 AM
WEll....Lets see them both when you get back from your ride!!:):)Boy.................I do need to give Dad a call then if the fires are that close to him.I bet its going to make for a hard day to ride with all that smoke for those who ride around Florence.I wonder what started the fire.The Ore. coast is too beautiful to have a fire ruin it.:(

QuadJunkies
08-02-2002, 02:50 PM
So,Im interested in knowing how you all got introduced to the quad world...Lets hear it...:)

LiLMissHondaEx
08-02-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Jennys400ex
Nick FINALLY proposed to me this weekend

Congratulations Jenny!!!

02exchic
08-02-2002, 03:36 PM
Well, my fiancee introduced the sport to me about 4 or so years ago (been too long--can't remember exactly how long). He grew up riding dirt bikes and his parents bought a quad in 1989--a Blaster. Believe it or not I learned how to ride on that same quad. I only rode in the sand until recently. We were in florence when I rode for the first time. It was pretty hard to believe you could ride up some of the stuff he was having me go up, but it was a blast!!! :D I was instantly in love. I rode that quad every ride until I got my 400.
We bought the 400ex in December and I started riding the trails with Jason. I started to feel bad that he never got to ride his RM in the dirt anymore. I had no idea trail riding was so fun. I miss the sand riding (which I am leaving in about 30 minutes to do this weekend ;) ) but there is nothing quite like the mud and dirt. Only thing I hate is the cleaning involved when you come home.....but they look sooo purty when they sparkle. :cool:

Rastus
08-02-2002, 04:30 PM
Jennys400ex --- CONGRATS! Atleast you know he wants it to last long, and be a good marriage.

QuadJunkies----I havent been riding very long.maybe 3/4 of a year. Id say ive catched on pretty quick for a fairly new rider.
I also ride the trails, and some MX. Theres no bigger rush than having a quad, and wicking the throttle , about ready to go up a super steep hill.And, about in the middle on the way up, there s a big rock, and a root, and you get alittle sideways and you have to correct it.I havent flipped my quad yet, but I came PREEEETTTYY close to it. Can you say stopped on super steep hill?That was some scary stuff.I had to back up for a long ways, and each time id put on alittle back brakes , the front end would pop up, would stay in the air for about a sec and a half,and slowly go back down.Figures id be stupid, and try it in a too tall of a gear.

I got into the sport by a guy on the bus.I took one ride on his 300 , and i was hooked. Some money, and a few months later,I had a quad.

Anyways, enough of my story, your probably already sittin there thinking of the grampa stories. "Back in my day, you had to walk 2 miles in the snow to go to school".
Later,

QuadJunkies
08-03-2002, 10:34 AM
LOL...I wasnt thinking about the ole grandpas stories...but I am now .lol.... Well. as for me, I am also a new rider,but I have learned sssoooo much this year, I guess you could say Im very "intruiged"(sorry I know I spelled it wrong)..Anyohow,it all started in Dec. I had this idea to buy a quad for my hubbys b-day,all these years ,all I have heard was"I want a dirt bike,I want a street bike,I want a quad.."Well, I USED to feel they were a "death trap" and said "no way",especailly to a quad!Well, I slowly started to chage my mind,I see howw hard he works and never buys himslf any thing, so I decided,he desreverd it.So I started reading all the mags I could find,read everything I could find on the intrnet,and thats how I ended up with Buying him his first quad 2001 300ex~~anyhow,I had a freind hide it in his garage until his b-day,I sent him on a scavenger hunt to find it(that was funny stuff) and he fell in love instantly with it.Well, our first time out ,Troy asked me to ride it. and i said NO WAY!Ill kill my self on that thing!!SO he begged me for hours,finally I gave in,And at first I was scared to death!!I had a hard time with the gearing for about a half an hour..Then I started to get the hang of it.Then...YOU COULDNT GET ME OFF OF IT!!I was hooked that quick.After my 3rd ride out, I had it mastered..And so did he, we ended up trading his up to a 400ex in less than 2 months,and me getting mine in spring.To me ,riding is my way of relaxing,even when Im out dinkin around~~~~02exchic~~ I wish I was up there with ya,I want to hear all about your ride and post some pics too:)

02exchic
08-05-2002, 09:19 AM
QuadJunkies ~ Well, I'm back. Had a great time! Didn't get much sleep since there is no riding curfew but.....that's okay!!! :) It was raining when we woke up on Sunday morning--that sucked. Took some pics but my sis's digital camera broke so we only have the film from the regular camera. I'll have to scan some to post when we finish off the role and get them developed.
I forgot how much fun it was to ride at night. Geeesh! Does it get busy on the dunes the minute (literally) the sun goes down...crazy! :devil
Was fun to sit at the bottom of the bowl and watch all the quads race up it.

Anyway.....that's all :D

QuadJunkies
08-05-2002, 09:54 AM
Hi girly!!! Glad to hear you had a good wk. end.Have you seen the pics "deathbringer"has from dunefest yet?He said there was a smaller turnout this year..Maybe they should reconsider the pricing for next year a little bit.I cant wait to see your pics :) SO how many people do you think turned out for it?I cant get duning off my mind!!!I am so jacked about my trip,there are acfew from here that is going.."WyoDuner" and Screamin Shee" may be ,that would be fun to meet up with others from here..You have to check some of the quads that Deathbringer took, there is some bad *** pics.I bet it was a blast riding in the dark oi done it once at our local dunes here,it was weird though..I was the only one out there:confused: Anyhow..get those pics up asap so we can have a look:) :D :cool: ;) :p

HondaRancherES
08-05-2002, 09:59 AM
When I was 14 I went over to my friends and we rode with her brother on his 4 wheeler. Then I got to drive one a couple yeas later and I was hooked. Didn't get my own till 10 months ago so I am a new driver but I have been riding go-carts and three wheelers since I was 12

QuadJunkies
08-05-2002, 10:03 AM
NOw, thats something I havent rode before..A 3 wheeler..They look to scarry for me,too tippy:(

02exchic
08-05-2002, 11:22 AM
QuadJunkies ~ Yeah, I saw those pics! Pretty cool to see how people customize their quads--lots of $$$ spent. I think for our trip next year we could check out dune fest but we don't have to rode in that area--we could check out the surrounding areas. I'm pretty happy as long as I can ride--not too picky about where.
As far as night riding, it's fun. A little scary but still fun!! Sand Lake has no curfew so people ride pretty late sometimes. Florence has a curfew of 10pm so it gets quiet at night...other than music and people partying.

HondaRancherES ~ If you grew up riding 3 wheelers you should have no problems getting used to the quads. I have ridden a 3 wheeler a couple times and that was enough for me. It was fun to cruise around, but I had some problems on hills and stuff (rolling over and such :eek: )

HondaRancherES
08-05-2002, 01:35 PM
I never had problems with it tipping. I had problems with learning how to shift gears. I used to think ya left it in fifth after you geared it up all the way! I know better now. 3 wheelers aren't scary. They are actually fun. Ours was a 110 Honda

QuadJunkies
08-05-2002, 11:43 PM
Im game for wherever is fun to ride!!! WE can check out a few places if you want...HOws the fires uo there now?? I cant seemm to get alod of the people I know down there,I think they are in Astoria right now..Oh , i was wondering if any of you have a Yoshi pipe on your quad?? I have some quaestions on the header on it ,thought you may be able to help me out???

SLB400EX
08-06-2002, 03:40 PM
Good afternoon!! How's the gang today??
Wonderful here..the temps dropped back from the VERY high 90's of last week to the mid 70's today!! What a welcome relief. We rode Sunday (11 in the group this time) and it was sooooooo dang hot, we were all drenched in sweat by the end of the day. On the way home, one bank sign read 101 degrees, another read 98 degrees....just a tad warm huh?? Still had a great time tho!! :D
Quadjunkie, I know of no one with a Yoshi pipe..sorry chic. I'm sure you'll find someone on this board who can help ya. ;)
Just dropped by to say HEY!!
Take care now.....
'Til next time,
Sherri

QuadJunkies
08-06-2002, 03:53 PM
Good to see you pop in and say Hi!!It has cooled down alot here,its been good riding weather,hope it holds up until after the wk. end.I might go the our local dunes and ride on Sat.

QuadJunkies
08-07-2002, 12:24 AM
I just wanted to wish you a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!"hope you had a good one!!:D :D :) :) :p :p :blah :blah

02exchic
08-08-2002, 10:19 AM
Hello again all, computer has been down.....now I'm back!

QuadJunkies ~ From what I can tell of the fires down south, they are only getting worse. The two fires in Florence have burned together and there is a new onle east of there that was started sometime yesterday. Craziness. I really fell for those people in that area!

Anywhooo.....what's up with this group--got quiet? Anyone else want to share riding stories.....how they got started, etc???

QuadJunkies
08-08-2002, 10:30 AM
Yes, anyone have a story??? Lets try to keep this thread active ,it has gotten quite lately.:(

LiLMissHondaEx
08-08-2002, 10:58 AM
Yes....this has to be close to one of the longest threads that I have ever seen!! Maybe the size of the thread is scary....too much to read??? Why dont you start a new thread...just call it women riders sign in part 2 or something....maybe that will get it going again!!

QuadJunkies
08-08-2002, 02:05 PM
Well, dont think I hadnt already thought of that,:) but then you hear of the whiners that are tired of reading the posts that already exsists in other parts of the forum..What do you all think..Your right it has gotten HUGE>!!I thinks thats way cool....

02exchic
08-08-2002, 02:17 PM
Maybe that would be a good idea--to start a new thread. And naming it
part 2 would distinugish it as a "NEW" part of something that was already here....

Not sure though:confused: :confused:

ThorChick
08-08-2002, 02:45 PM
Hey all!! I haven't posted on here for a while, so I thought I'd stop in and say hello. Spent last weekend at Florence Oregon and had a wonderful 4 days of camping, riding, and partying. The weather was great and no signs of any forest fires. I wanted to post one pic from this weekend today and I'll have more on my website soon.

The pic I'm posting is of me doing cookies near our campsite.....I'll have one of my sister after she rolled a quad soon.

Talk at yas later!!!

ThorChick
08-08-2002, 06:10 PM
02exchic~*~I was wondering what you were doing for Labor Day weekend? All of our riding buddies are heading to Sandlake that weekend and I thought it'd be cool to meet you and your fiance if you guys were gonna be there too.

QuadJunkies
08-08-2002, 11:49 PM
Hi thorchick!!!~~~Glad you had fun at FLorence..did you run into any bad smoke at Florence?? heard the fires are still bad up there.Is your sis ok??Im goona do everything to make sure I dont roll mine this trip :( once is enough for me!!

QuadJunkies
08-10-2002, 12:44 AM
Hi ladies... I couldnt wait to spread the word...the graphics are done!!!And I have to say, they look awesome!!:D I would have liked the colors a little brighter ,but I can fix that when I need to replace them eventually,this was the firsttime doing,so Ill know what to NOT do next time,but overall I love them...Ill post my pics hopefully tomorrow,going riding tomorrow...

02exchic
08-12-2002, 09:13 AM
ThorChick ~ Hello again! We just might be at Sand Lake that weekend. We get back from Jamaica on the 24th, having our reception on the 31st, then we were thinking about camping for the rest of the weekend. Or at least making a day trip. I will let you know. If we aren't there that weekend, our friends have been talking about making a Florence trip in September........

QuadJunkies ~ Have a good time riding??? Let's see the graphics!

QuadJunkies
08-12-2002, 10:17 AM
02exchic~~~ We started a new thread "part II"for the women riders.This was getting too long.come on over :)

JTRtrx250r
12-18-2002, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Scott
No, a lot of us are older, married, and keep our mouth shut. It's just the testosterone charged not-too-long-out-of-diapers that think this is a dating service.
:D well said,lol
Good to see more ladies into riding;)

QuadJunkies
12-18-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
:D well said,lol
Good to see more ladies into riding;) good to see someone livin up this ole thread.. this and part II used to be hoppin:(

JTRtrx250r
12-18-2002, 07:37 AM
I think it must be the cold weather,lol
and it looks like you out-shined em all!!;) a true die-hard:D GREAT to see it!!;)