PDA

View Full Version : What's Needed Out The Door?!

07-18-2002, 12:16 AM
Hey, sup guyz! I'm gonna get a 400Ex soon and I have a few questions! Is there anything that you guys think should be put on it right out the door?! I was thinkin of puttin nerfs on it just cause I like to have them there. But i'm not sure of nething else?! Also, I plan on doing a bunch of racing around here, nething needed for that?! I just want to make sure that I'm puttin the right stuff on my new 400!! I can't wait to get it...... Thanx for the help!!

Laterz! :D :) :cool:

Nausty
07-18-2002, 12:19 AM
1st get nerfs
2nd tether kill switch if your gonna race
3rd high quality shocks like elka's if you wanna race mx
4th cr hi handlebars

thats the order I would do it and when your done with that it pretty much depends on what you need fo ryour application. Nerfs are definitely a good idea and make sure u have full gear. Also you should probably move up to a #42 pilot, readjust throttle cable and if you don't live in a dusty area take off air box lid because its a foam filter.

07-18-2002, 08:17 AM
Don't have the dealer do it,,,they'll charge you an arm and a leg for the parts and labor...just get the quad and order the parts you want from our site sponsors..:)

Tommy 17
07-18-2002, 09:03 AM
a block off plate and new clutch lever;) and a set of handle bars.... then i would go and get shocks of some sort and nerfs...

tprender
07-18-2002, 09:17 PM
What about some type of exhaust? If you are going to race have your shocks replaced before you work on the inside of the engine. If play riding it doesn't matter which you do first. Some people will disagree with that, but you can only go as fast as your supestion will let you for any length of time.
It also make a difference on type of racing you are planning on doing on what changes should be made. MX is different set up than XC.

07-18-2002, 10:44 PM
Thanx Guys!! That helps me out alot. I'm gonna get nerfs first for sure, a kill switch, and then i'm not sure! I'll probably get whatever I feel is needed once i get it! How do you readjust the throttle cable?? Ya, I wanna race both mx and xc, so I'm gonna have to figure out the setups for both!! LoL! I think I'm gonna get some holeshots too, anybody suggest any other tires?! Thanx for the help guys!! I can't wait to get my 400Ex!!

Laterz!! :) :D :cool: