PDA

View Full Version : President Day Dune trip

dirtmomma
02-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Well we made our 1st trip(of many this summer) of the new year to the dunes for Presiden't weekend down to Sand Lake Or. had a GREAT time!! Pulled out of Seattle on Thurs. evening arrived @ SL around midnight!! It was COOOOLLLLLDDDDDDDD & WINNNDDDDDYYYYYYYY to say the least haha winds were blowing about 60 I'd say & the temps were in the low 20's :eek2: woke up Fri morning & it was still pretty windy & cold but we toughed it out :D
Sat. & sunt he weather cleared up & it was GREAT!! in fact the wind went down a little too much cuz the sand got pretty rough!! I got to get LOTS of seat time on our 426ex which was nice since it is soon to be my full time ride :D:D my 300 lasted a day then she puked, didn't even look to see what was wrong I just parked it!! friends of ours were leaving Sun. so they left thier Preddy w/ us & took my 300 home w/ them so we woudln't be down a quad which was VERY cool of them!!!!! My hubby rode the preddy(he said it wasn't bad but likes his 400 way better!! So we will be selling my 300(once we fix it) if it's too much to fix then it will be sold as parts!! Also selling our 4x4 Kodiak & going to get Ron a new 450R so then we will all be set!!
DJ had a BLAST on the fofiddy NO wrecks, won races, can ride a long azzed woolie on it!! I hoped on it & DAYUMMMM it's scary fast in the sand hahaha I'll stick w/ the 426 ;)
Our little Kasea did good Trevor finally actually got to ride the sand & go up a good sized hill :D he was a happy camper until his air filter fell off :eek2: who knows where, but we went to town & got him a new one, now we have to dial it in a little better!!
We also took my son's best friend, his 1st trip to the dunes, he borrowed a blaster from a friend but it took a crap(imagine that) so he rode our blaster & our 426 liked the thumper MUCH better :) He loved the dunes & can't wait to go back, well once he gets a new quad anyway :D:D
so all in all it was a GOOD trip, seen lots of good peeps from various groups ect. NO wipe outs, & the "good" quads all came home in running order LOL :)
Here's a couple of pics hoping my friends got some action shots still waiting to see those!! Here's all I got :o

Here's DJ on the MOD :devil: :macho

dirtmomma
02-23-2006, 08:53 AM
Kyle on our blaster:macho

dirtmomma
02-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Here's atvriders members Tractorpacker(on the 450), RaptorRandy in the hat, his wife Julie & my hubby Ron :) oh yeah don't forget the dog Polly :D

dirtmomma
02-23-2006, 09:03 AM
A shot of our quads waiting to get loaded on the trailer to go home YES that is me on the roof of our motorhome LOL

JOEX
02-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Winter time on the Oregon coast can be rough but it seems Sandlake is different. It can be crappy everywhere yet it's nice at SL:eek:

Good to hear you all had a good time and everyone and most quads came back still running:p

I know I keep telling you this but you all need to drive the extra hour or two the real Oregon Dunes:D You wont regret it;)

dirtmomma
02-24-2006, 08:16 AM
WElllll Joe :D actually June 8-12 we ARE going to some REAL dunes :D:D we will be @ Florence for the weekend that IS pending our quads LOL not sure what ones will be going there should be a NEW one in our "stable" by then we hope anyway!!!!