PDA

View Full Version : Cat lovers/owners, i need help

HondaEXrider22
02-23-2006, 04:55 AM
OK. I have sort of a problem with my cat. Not really a problem, but just listen. We have a domesctic shorthair cat, declawed in the front, indoor cat. He is about 2-3 years old(human). Not big, he is sorta on the small side. Most energetic and thing you will ever meet. But this is his problem. During the night, he meows loudly. We have no idea why, he knows the house well, and knows us. We do have another cat, they wretle often, and "love" each other i guess. He the only other pet in the house. But our cat does it ecery night, sometimes day, he just meows loudly. When we call his name, or do that wisper thing, he stops for a while and sometimes starts it up.

Any ideas?

MC17X
02-23-2006, 05:04 AM
sounds like to me its a mating call. Get it fixed at the vet.

exboy
02-23-2006, 06:17 AM
i hate cats. but our persian used to do that and we found out that he had a bad stomache problem. does your cat have diarea(sp)

Regular_Joe
02-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Yes, your cat is in heat. Get it fixed and you shouldn't have anymore problems.

02-23-2006, 12:20 PM
My cat does the same thing, your cat is most likely lonely. My cat has a bed right next to mine and sleeps right next to me everynight, and usually ends up laying under the covers with me:blah:

Anyway before he did he would be really lonely at night and howl really loud. Thats why your cat stops when you pet him and stuff. Or maybe he's looking for some ***, I don't have any experience with non-neuterd cats.

DVXchic
02-23-2006, 12:51 PM
My cat is the queen of meow, She is fixed and still constantly talks, Imo i think it is an attention thing. Mine really likes socks and when she finds one to steal, she will carry it around the house meowing very loudly till you say thanks.
But if yours isn't fixed this may be the issue as stated above.
I put my cat in the laundy room at night due to my hubbys allergies, and we don't hear a peep out of her till morning. she will wait at the laundry room door untill she gets her treats around 10pm. maybe you could consider something like that, cats are easy to train, you just have to be consistent.

wilkin250r
02-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Cleaned up the thread.

Knock of the BS. :mad:

exrider008
02-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Cleaned up the thread.

Knock of the BS. :mad:

what is rong with this thred he just asking what is rong with his cat and no one said anything that was bad.

BTW your cat is in heat so i would get it fix my cat did the same thing .

NacsMXer
02-23-2006, 04:07 PM
MXFourTwoEight is right....

Your cat is probably just lonely. My previous cat did it, and my cat does it now. I could be around a corner eating dinner and the cat will be in another room by itself, and she will start meowing loudly. Call her name, and she figures out she's not alone like she thought ;)

I am very good with cats for some reason, sort of a kinship thing. Never was much of a dog person myself, too loud, too dirty, and too much to take care of:ermm: Oh and i'm allergic to them (have a hypoallergenic cat).

Guy400
02-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Does anyone want a cat? I've got a 3 year old female Manx (the kind with no tail) and it's a good cat but my wife became extremely allergic to it when she got pregnant and my little girl is allergic to it as well. The local pound is full and won't take the damn thing. I'm to the point where I resent that creature because anytime it gets in the same room with my wife her eyes puff up and get real red and she starts sneezing. My daughter doesn't have it quite as bad, her eyes just start watering. Please take this SOB before I shoot it.

02-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Does anyone want a cat? I've got a 3 year old female Manx (the kind with no tail) and it's a good cat but my wife became extremely allergic to it when she got pregnant and my little girl is allergic to it as well. The local pound is full and won't take the damn thing. I'm to the point where I resent that creature because anytime it gets in the same room with my wife her eyes puff up and get real red and she starts sneezing. My daughter doesn't have it quite as bad, her eyes just start watering. Please take this SOB before I shoot it. Look for an animal shelter and make up a poster to hang at your vet.

CaptainCanuck
02-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Does anyone want a cat? I've got a 3 year old female Manx (the kind with no tail) and it's a good cat but my wife became extremely allergic to it when she got pregnant and my little girl is allergic to it as well. The local pound is full and won't take the damn thing. I'm to the point where I resent that creature because anytime it gets in the same room with my wife her eyes puff up and get real red and she starts sneezing. My daughter doesn't have it quite as bad, her eyes just start watering. Please take this SOB before I shoot it.
How much for shipping? :devil:

Guy400
02-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by CaptainCanuck
How much for shipping? :devil: Probably a whole lot more than a .22 bullet :devil:

CaptainCanuck
02-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Depends if you send the cat in one piece. Haha. :huh :p :D

400exrules
02-23-2006, 05:10 PM
just go kick it in the head....that'll teach it

02-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
just go kick it in the head....that'll teach it :rolleyes:

HondaEXrider22
02-23-2006, 05:52 PM
He is nuetered, and does have another cat in the house. They usally wrestle and chase each other and romp aorund. He doesnt seem to have any medical problems, and he does this year round. But lately he does this every night for the past weeks, monthes about....

Any other ideas?

exrider008
02-23-2006, 05:54 PM
just call his name it sounds like he thinks there is no one there, thats what my cat dose when we all go to bed but then i just call his name and he comes in my room and shuts up.

Rip_Tear
02-23-2006, 06:01 PM
The cat we have now does that when he wants feeding during the night... Our first cat did it when he "couldn't" find anyone and once we called him and he came into the room he'd get up on who evers bed and be fine.

Are everyones doors open at your house? Is there food out? Are you sure it's just the one cat? Maybe it's calling give when the other cat is holding it down or something?

Guy, we have a "stray" that has no tail it looks like a linx, it's tail froze off though... Just point it in the direction of Canada and I'm sure my mom or aunt will find it... Damn suckers for animals...

HondaEXrider22
02-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Nope, its deffanitly our one cat. He has access to all places in the house, and there is food/water available 24/7. He does this and then you call his name or whisper to him and he stops for a while, then starts up again.

coolex
02-23-2006, 06:59 PM
if u put like 2 hand fulls of cat nip on a pepaer plate and put it on the ground thell shut upand after about 10 minutes of cat nip eating they will be rolling in it because it is a drug for cats

exboy
02-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
just go kick it in the head....that'll teach it

carefull i got gone off on for sayin kick a dog. people asked me "how would u like to get the boot?". my question to them how would they like to sit down to a nice bowl of kibbles and bits. or go outside to take a shyt or piss.