PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin about a Banshee...

ugottabayou
02-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Ok so I've gotten really desparate for a sport quad.... I was plannin on getting a 450 next summer, but I really want a quad soon for a lower price. I'm lookin into used Banshees where I can buy one for a very decent price, ride this summer, and then rebuild in the winter. I know they are screamin fast, and I was wondering about their jumping capabilities (like out on the dunes). If I had it my way, I would be in the air more than on the ground... I've heard of the stock Banshee suspension isn't that great, so would +2 arms with a +2/+4 swingarm and some aftermarket suspension make the Banshee an awsome jumper, or what would be a good setup? Or do you even recommend the Banshee for what I want?

Thanks everybody!

Mxjunkie
02-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Most people go

aarms: +2 +1

swing arm: minus 1 or stock but honda style with the carrier.

Shocks, the stocker do suck, You can mod yfz to work or get elkas..

and yes you can jump them

250r4life
02-23-2006, 09:32 AM
yah, i wouldnt throw a longer swing arm on there if you want to jump. i used the jump the crap out of my banshee, but i had works shocks up front. my bro has stocks on his though, and he jumps it pretty good. you can jump it, and if you didnt know any different it would do just find. the yfz450 jumps great and just soaks stuff up and is so forgiving, but like i said, if you didnt know any different the banshee would be just fine.

if you're looking for something temporary, a 250r might be something to look for if you can pick up a nice one for cheap. i'm not trying to toot my own horn cuz i have one, but they are quite a bit lighter and jump a little better than the banshee...

ugottabayou
02-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by 250r4life
yah, i wouldnt throw a longer swing arm on there if you want to jump. i used the jump the crap out of my banshee, but i had works shocks up front. my bro has stocks on his though, and he jumps it pretty good. you can jump it, and if you didnt know any different it would do just find. the yfz450 jumps great and just soaks stuff up and is so forgiving

Hey as long as it soaks up the jumps better than my Kawi Bayou 220, I'm happy!:p

250r4life
02-23-2006, 03:57 PM
well heck, just go drop a G on a blaster and mission will be accomplished :D

Titanium
02-24-2006, 08:52 AM
well heck, just go drop a G on a blaster and mission will be accomplished :D

I think he's lookin for a little bit more speed tho... thats y i'm lookin in to buildin a banshee myself. cus all i do after i get off wor is get on the computer and look at atvriders and chat on msn messenger and lemme tell you it get really old. speakin of which is anybody aroun kansas sellin a banshee with a-arms and not j-arms. i cant seem to find any aroun here...:confused:

250r4life
02-25-2006, 12:22 AM
dude i was being sarcastic, thats what the big :D was for.... :D although it is true, a blaster would jump better than his bayou

Titanium
02-25-2006, 07:40 AM
dude i was being sarcastic, thats what the big :D was for.... :D although it is true, a blaster would jump better than his bayou yep it is true