PDA

View Full Version : Pinks

Pappy
02-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Go to speedvision and watch my old aluminum driveshaft get toasted:chinese:

DH400EX
02-22-2006, 07:23 PM
i saw it. i dont think i could give up the keys to my car after puttin all my money and time in it.

Pappy
02-22-2006, 07:25 PM
its all for show, they do not keep the losers car:ermm: brian leaf was a buddy i raced many a night with. im glad to see im not the only one beefing up as we get older..lmao

coolex
02-22-2006, 07:26 PM
your old aluminum drive shaft did u seel it to him?????????:confused:

Pappy
02-22-2006, 07:33 PM
no actually, he borrowed it and i never seen it again:p

Chino
02-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by coolex
your old aluminum drive shaft did u seel it to him?????????:confused:

yeah pappy, did you seel it to him?

Pappy
02-22-2006, 07:40 PM
this is the only pic i have close by, this is around 1991 i believe, brian is in the green and black jacket

DH400EX
02-22-2006, 07:53 PM
yea i didnt think the ppl would give up the cras. thats stupid to dump that much into and lose it in a race.

Pappy
02-22-2006, 07:57 PM
ive seen people lose cars and big money but not on tv:p ive also seen people run from a "loss" and it can get ugly:scary:

wheeltrax
02-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Its cool to see some of the cars on that show, but I hate there style of drag racing. They set it up like a bunch of sallys. In drag racing, there is no "negotiations" you run what you brung. Thats my only complaint on the show. I have seen an episode or 2 where a guy has a full out modified car, vs someone who just went out and bought a civic and through autozone parts and he wants 10 lengths because his car is slow. Sorry for ranting and stealing your thread pappy. lol

Pappy
02-22-2006, 08:08 PM
no worries bud, i didnt even watch that whole episode myself:p i agree with ya, its a joke

Titanium
Originally posted by wheeltrax
Its cool to see some of the cars on that show, but I hate there style of drag racing. They set it up like a bunch of sallys. In drag racing, there is no "negotiations" you run what you brung. Thats my only complaint on the show. I have seen an episode or 2 where a guy has a full out modified car, vs someone who just went out and bought a civic and through autozone parts and he wants 10 lengths because his car is slow. Sorry for ranting and stealing your thread pappy. lol

i saw that one. that guy was a noob and a p*ssy.

Quad Boy 660r
Originally posted by wheeltrax

My thoughts exactly.

Honda_exrider
02-22-2006, 08:11 PM
i saw that it was freakin awsome to see that hood scoop fly!!!

wheeltrax
02-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Well im glad im not alone on my thoughts. It would be cool if it was a straight up drag race with equal or close to equal vehicles. But there is already a show with that theme.. NHRA Drag racing.

TCracin440ex
02-22-2006, 10:04 PM
ive watched this show twice and the time i watched it there was a mustang vs a camaro z28 and the mustang wanted 5 lights on the camaro...F- that if im gonna even considering racing somebody imma race head to head....

and another thing...i dont like how they are using this guys arms as a tree...him droping his arm aint the same thing as staging and taking off from the tree

LTZ400rider
02-22-2006, 11:04 PM
yeah they should definetly use a tree and bracket, no lengths or takin out the bottle

TCracin440ex
02-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
yeah they should definetly use a tree and bracket, no lengths or takin out the bottle

i know if i was gonna wager something like the slip to my car...i surely wouldnt be giving nobody an advantage on me...its either heads up W/ a tree or nothing....its run what you brung not negotiate what your gonna run....i just finished watching hte series premier tonight....and this guy with the mustang wanted 10 car lengths on this other mustang....

only way i would give somebody an edge is if i knew for sure that i had this in the bag...for instance if i was driving a tricked out camaro that was set up for drag racing vs some panzy with a mustang GT that has a flowmaster and cold air intake

jcv400ex
02-23-2006, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
its all for show, they do not keep the losers car:ermm:

GREAT!!!!!! Next your going to tell me that wrestling is fake and really ruin my day! :(

shanna
02-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Brian lost the car. He did end up buying it back the next week. He then just sold it last week. So, as for it being fake, it is not. Last season they said that after some of the races people got to keep their cars. But he also had so many sponsor that he really did not lose that much. Brian found out that he was going to be on the show and in ten day they built this car. The show said that they wanted someone that would build a car just for the show and that is what he did. The other person that he was supposed to race never showed. Justin was a fill in with a car that was not an equal match.

As for your drive shaft pappy, that one was not yours. Yours may be long gone but that one was not it. Sorry.

jcv400ex
02-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Yadda,yadda,yadda......it's all about good TV.....

Titanium
02-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by shanna
Brian lost the car. He did end up buying it back the next week. He then just sold it last week. So, as for it being fake, it is not. Last season they said that after some of the races people got to keep their cars. But he also had so many sponsor that he really did not lose that much. Brian found out that he was going to be on the show and in ten day they built this car. The show said that they wanted someone that would build a car just for the show and that is what he did. The other person that he was supposed to race never showed. Justin was a fill in with a car that was not an equal match.

As for your drive shaft pappy, that one was not yours. Yours may be long gone but that one was not it. Sorry.

prove it! i'm pretty sure Pappy knows wat he's talkin about NOOB!

Mxjunkie
02-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Brian found out that he was going to be on the show and in ten day they built this car. The show said that they wanted someone that would build a car just for the show and that is what he did. .

He must suck at building them then :p

shanna
02-23-2006, 11:07 AM
I should know, I was the one that drove his butt(brian's) home last night after we all watched the show. I give him credit, not may people would do that and would take a loss like that so well.

RaptorRacer45
02-23-2006, 12:14 PM
It aint a bad show....but sittin watchin TV for 30 mins and seein 20 mins of commercials gets on my nerves...theres like 5 breaks in that 30 mins show....thats my only complaint:grr:

02-23-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by DH400EX
thats stupid to dump that much into and lose it in a race.

thats the point.

elchankoblanko
02-23-2006, 05:37 PM
I kinda like the show except how they put a commercial on right before the race starts, that really gets on my nerves after a while.

AtvMxRider
02-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Titanium

STFU dumbass:rolleyes:

Pappy
02-23-2006, 07:53 PM

ummm, she is 100% correct...and she happens to be close friends with brian. i did not know if i should post about buying back the ride, it wasnt my business to discuss etc, all i know is he did keep the car.

Pappy
02-23-2006, 07:54 PM
I should know, I was the one that drove his butt(brian's) home last night after we all watched the show. I give him credit, not may people would do that and would take a loss like that so well.

haha, i was telling myself...he doesnt look happy:p you ask him if he wants to run me bracket style for pinks:devil: they dont call me .5000 for nuttin:cool:

and ask brian where my driveshaft is then:scary: and maybe donald can happen to find my tremec:ermm: lmao...i think i had parts scattered all over at one time:grr:

Titanium
02-23-2006, 07:57 PM
sry for makin myself look like an a*s. i wasn't in a good mood when i posted that because of some things that happend earlier today...

Pappy
02-23-2006, 08:04 PM
sry for makin myself look like an a*s. i wasn't in a good mood when i posted that because of some things that happend earlier today...

its ok....we enjoyed it:devil: :blah:

knighttime
02-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
ummm, she is 100% correct...and she happens to be close friends with brian. i did not know if i should post about buying back the ride, it wasnt my business to discuss etc, all i know is he did keep the car.

he bought back the car he lost?:confused:

then he sold the mofo?:confused:

i dont get it:confused:

:confused:

(wheres that chuck norris thread, i need something that will make me laugh and is easy to understand):eek2:

Pappy
02-24-2006, 05:48 AM
from what i gathered, brian threw together a car just for the show on short notice. after the show the guy who won offered brian to buy back the car at a normal race price (Id say the amount but again, that isnt my business)

i thought this was the 5.0 he had had ,but was informed it was not and that is why i assumed it was my old driveshaft. it was more metaphorical then factual seeing he had one of mine in one of his cars etc.

popo
02-24-2006, 06:02 AM
Pisses me off, they start the dahm race... right before the finish.. they play some stupid pinks jingle and go to commercial.:grr: :mad: :grr: :mad: :ermm:

derekhonda
02-24-2006, 06:56 AM
Yeah, I personally am not a big fan of that show. I guess its cool that you know someone who was on it though pappy. Going back a couple of years....Wasnt there a member who was on like "junkyard wars" or something like that where they scavenge a junkyard and build stuff with it? Anyone know what I am talkin about?

JLanphear
02-24-2006, 07:02 AM
Okay so do people actually lose their cars or not???

At first it was said they didn't....then it was said they did in the early shows....then it was said that they didn't...then it was said they did.....

I'm just trying to follow along? :confused:

knighttime
02-24-2006, 10:48 AM
yeah i dont get it either. Pappy is talking about buyin it back at race price, but i dont know wtf that means.:confused:

and this pinks show is really doin some false advertising if people really dont lose their cars:cuss:

ml450r
02-24-2006, 11:56 AM
They lose their cars.

The show is awesome except the commercial before every race. The only other problem is it has give me the bug to build another car. When I was younger I had a 93 coupe supercharged and a 91 GT with Nitrous. I sold them and bought some Banshees, then 400ex's now I have two walsh 450r's. Now I am building a 600rwhp 01 GT thanks to this show......

mudflap
02-28-2006, 05:55 AM
They do lose thier cars. I work with Justin's wife. The show has nothing to do with what goes on with getting your car back after the race.

Shanna, When are you getting the 450R back from Pappy?

JLanphear
02-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by mudflap
They do lose thier cars. I work with Justin's wife. The show has nothing to do with what goes on with getting your car back after the race.

See, this is how rumors get started. If somebody only read the first page of this thread they would think that the people don't actually lose their cars.

Thanks for clearing it up guys (and gals I'm guessing).

shanna
02-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Hopefully my rear shock will come in today and my bike will be dropped off tomorrow. Not much practice time with it, but oh well. I just want to go florida. I think I am taking the motorcycle too to go into daytona. Warmer weather here I come.

mudflap
02-28-2006, 09:31 AM
Sweet... Good luck...
I ordered my new chain and sprocket, it should be here on Thursday. I would like to head back out to Mark's on Sunday... He has a nice place and yall were nice to hang out with!

Chuck

Pappy
02-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by mudflap

I dont have her quad, all work preformed by me has been fully completed. I think she is waiting on her rear shock to come back which should have been here today but UPS has already ran. I called and it looks like tomorrow.

Phil Albright
02-28-2006, 06:10 PM
FACT, the guy who raced the blue nova against the corvette in orlando DID NOT lose his nova it was all staged for tv.

ml450r
03-01-2006, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Phil Albright
FACT, the guy who raced the blue nova against the corvette in orlando DID NOT lose his nova it was all staged for tv.

The guy who wouldn't take any lengths, lol.... He was set on heads up racing wasn't he. Too bad he didn't have a chance.

....He was still sitting on the line making a sandwich when I left.....

I am sure the two guys "staged" it , the show Pinks had them sign the papers over just like everyone else on the show.
Merrill