PDA

View Full Version : 300ex best bore kit?

hard one
02-22-2006, 07:15 PM
i was trying to find big bore kits for my 300 now that four stroke tech isnt any more.

all of the other places are selling them with all this other useless stuff that i dont need.

duncan racing is more that $1000 thier kit and powell is over six hundred.

i dont want to put that much in to my bike because it wont be worth it.

i have a uni filter,whitebros exhaust 20" shredders, open air box jetting.

i just want moore low end power so i can throw a nice roooost!
check out my video on this site called daves dougnut 1 and 2.
hard one

2muchquad
02-22-2006, 09:54 PM
i got mine for $100 off ebay.its the 385 cc kit,i got the je piston kit,gasket and a 400ex cylinder sleeve.i had to have the sleeve pressed in,i paid $100 for that from lukes racing and my cases had to be modified which i did myself.i also had my head proted,again which i did myself and i got a web "all around mx" cam.i have a exhaust system in which i built the headpipe myself and i have a thunder alley exhaust of a yz400 that i modifed to work on the 300.im still on the fence about a rev box though..:confused:

bradley300
02-23-2006, 08:14 AM
get the gthunder set up. 350cc. call laz and talk to him about it. www.gthunder.com

hard one
02-23-2006, 10:14 AM
2muchquad are you saying that you put a 400 sleave and piston in i would of never thought of that:cool:
does it over heat and how much needs to be taken off the cylinder wall to do that?

thanks

hard one

2muchquad
02-23-2006, 09:33 PM
its a 400ex sleeve but the 86mm piston is a custom built by je.i had to take material off the cases for it to drop down in.i put the cylinder on the studs then scribed on the cases a mark so i knew how much i had to remove.it was pretty straight forward.i run a oil cooler for a compact pickup,its a bit of a overkill but you can never be too cool:) Lukes Racing installed the sleeve for me,the stock one is bored out altogether and then the cylinder is bored to fit the 400ex sleeve