PDA

View Full Version : Cant get my 416ex to run

nxkustoms
02-22-2006, 06:49 PM
I just put a new 416 wiseco 11:1 piston in my 400ex and the stupid thing wont start for some reason. I have adjusted the timing and double checked 15 times and made sure i had spark but it still wont start. all it does is pop when you give it gas. If you dont give it gas it just sounds the same *** if my kill switch is off.

JOEX
02-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Stock cam?

nxkustoms
02-24-2006, 06:35 PM
I just found out that if the rocker arm isnt on the decompresion part of the cam correct it wont start until i find out how to get it in the right spot.

JOEX
02-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Did you put the plunger and spring back in?

123patrickquad
02-25-2006, 08:44 PM
wat exactly does those do, and dos need them to run.

JOEX
02-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by 123patrickquad
The spring and plunger is needed when using the stock cam.

I'm not sure how to explain how it works.....:ermm:

QuadJunkies
02-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Its your de-compression ;)

Old Head
02-26-2006, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by 123patrickquad

Those should have been removed if you put in a new aftermarket cam. The stock cam has a decompression unit to make it easier for the starter to turn the motor over.

Sleeper
02-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Stupid question but, did you release the timing chain tensioner when you reinstaed it?

Sleeper

nxkustoms
02-28-2006, 07:46 PM
Put a hot cam in it and it fired right up

prepracing
02-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Did you put the plunger and spring back in?

where does the quarter go, is it an aftermarket performance part :confused:

JOEX
02-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by prepracing
where does the quarter go, is it an aftermarket performance part :confused:
Trade secret;)

SHADETREE101
02-28-2006, 08:35 PM
i jst went through this. i detuned my bike from alcohol back to gas and changed back to the stock cam for the wife to ride. while trying to start the bike it pissed and popped and nothing. the timing was dead on. valves checked perfect. called honda dealer and spoke with their mechanic who said it would run but be hard to start without the decompression spring. so since i couldn't find the spring i just threw in the old stock cam. after trying everything to try and get it to run with no luck, i put my high end drag cam back in. fired first revolution and ran perfect. so i say the bike can't run without the decompression spring installed on the stock cam. this is just what i have experienced. quad junkies nailed it first.

Sleeper
02-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by SHADETREE101
i jst went through this. i detuned my bike from alcohol back to gas and changed back to the stock cam for the wife to ride. while trying to start the bike it pissed and popped and nothing. the timing was dead on. valves checked perfect. called honda dealer and spoke with their mechanic who said it would run but be hard to start without the decompression spring. so since i couldn't find the spring i just threw in the old stock cam. after trying everything to try and get it to run with no luck, i put my high end drag cam back in. fired first revolution and ran perfect. so i say the bike can't run without the decompression spring installed on the stock cam. this is just what i have experienced. quad junkies nailed it first.

wierd?