PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Riders!

m_townsgreatest
02-22-2006, 06:46 PM
I need help and fast! Ok so we put newER aarms on the raptor because one of the ball joints on the right side blew or something. Well in doing this my retarded brother stripped out the threads on the ball joint. So I was wondering if I could somehow take out the lower balljoinnt on the right side and swap it with another aarm balljoint that we have laying around.
So can I do this or not?

P.S. I know this is in the wrong forum but I need an aswer FASTTTT

thanx in advance

protraxrptr17
02-22-2006, 06:51 PM
It has been sooo long since I have had stock arms on my bike, but isn't there a snap ring on the lower ball joint? If so just take it off and knok out the bad joint with a hammer. You will have to use a press or something to remove the good joint from the other arm.

Racing Rice
02-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Yes, there is a lower snap ring, I'm guessing that is how you take it out. I've never tried though. Good luck, let us know what you find.

moto04racing
02-22-2006, 07:05 PM
if there like the a arms on a blaster, your screwed. The ball will just spin and you would probabaly have to cut the nut off, but im not absolutley sure

m_townsgreatest
02-22-2006, 07:35 PM
aright i got one of the ball joints out. Now I need to figure out how to get the good one out without beatin it like i did the bad one

94F450SD
02-22-2006, 09:52 PM
go to autozone and rent aballjoint press.it takes a 7/8 socket or wrench to work it.it costs 100 dollars but you get it back when you return the tool

m_townsgreatest
02-23-2006, 12:56 PM
I got it out withouth one of them, thanx though. I got it out and back in the other one now i gotta paint them and then im ready to put it back together and ride it!