PDA

View Full Version : 1" lower footpegs on the 2006 450r

quad2xtreme
02-22-2006, 05:18 PM
How did I do it?

I got a set of Magnum propegs for a 400ex from Colby at C&D Racing delivered to the door for $175. I knew I had to redrill a hole in each footpeg to keep it level since the bolt holes are more offset on the 450r than the 400ex. You would have to slightly modify the front bracket to fit the 450r frame but it wraps around the frame with u-bolts and hate that anyhow. So, I used the front mount that came with my Rath Competition propegs. Hopefully Daryl can sell me a replacement front mount so I can sell the Competition propegs on e-bay. His nerfs are extremely well made and I wish I could have been more comfortable on them.

The reason I went through all this effort was to lower the footpegs by a full inch versus the stock 2006 or any aftermarket setup I have seen. Being 6'6", this is a huge difference. Granted the pegs are a little heavier but it is worth it to me. I know they will really lower the center of gravity. These pegs made a huge difference on my 400ex so I am expecting similar results when cornering on the 450r. The top of the footpeg is just barely higher than where the bolts go into the frame. No portion of the peg sits lower than the frame skidplate.

These pegs would net about 1 1/2" on a 2004 or 2005 450r versus stock pegs. Of you can get a set of stock 2006 pegs and gain about 1/2" of legroom.

/Jon

johnexrider
02-23-2006, 05:15 AM
ac propegs for a 450r are 1" lower 3/4" back and work awesome i have a set on my 450r and 416ex. fellow riding giant, 6'-5"....

quad2xtreme
02-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by johnexrider
ac propegs for a 450r are 1" lower 3/4" back and work awesome i have a set on my 450r and 416ex. fellow riding giant, 6'-5"....

What year is your 450r? Which AC propegs?

I heard the same and then when I checked with them for the 2006, they said no. I can dig up the post from my e-mail to their tech support too. Same with the IMS footpegs. They are lower and further back than stock when compared to the earlier years before 2006.

Can you post a close up of just the footpeg mounted on your quad? I don't care about seeing the whole quad.

Thanks,

/Jon

Lonestar_R
02-23-2006, 08:38 AM
I have AC ProPegs on my 06 from a 04-05....my wife got them for me for christmas from magic racing.....they are an 1" down and an 1" back from stock...they bolt right up

quad2xtreme
02-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Lonestar_R
I have AC ProPegs on my 06 from a 04-05....my wife got them for me for christmas from magic racing.....they are an 1" down and an 1" back from stock...they bolt right up

Can you post a picture as all the ones I check on their website makes it seem higher?

Here is mine. I put an allen wrench on there so you get a perspective of where the top of the peg is in relation to the holes. Notice the peg actually sits slightly lower than the rear hole. Mine are offset further back too. Like I said before, mine are heavy steel pegs so I would love to have some nice lightweight setup. Please post a close-up like this if you can.

/Jon

johnexrider
02-24-2006, 05:01 AM
mines an 05', they are the standard ac propegs, i have two sets one on my 450r and a set on my 02' 416ex. i will try and snap a picture tonight. when you order you have to ask for them specifically i don't know that many of the parts houses, legacy or nacs, knows that ac makes them. i have a couple of friends that are sponsored by ac and buy them direct, that's really the only reason i found out about them.

quad2xtreme
02-24-2006, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by johnexrider
mines an 05', they are the standard ac propegs, i have two sets one on my 450r and a set on my 02' 416ex. i will try and snap a picture tonight. when you order you have to ask for them specifically i don't know that many of the parts houses, legacy or nacs, knows that ac makes them. i have a couple of friends that are sponsored by ac and buy them direct, that's really the only reason i found out about them.

Thanks, a close-up would be great.

/Jon