PDA

View Full Version : ITP holeshots?

300EXrider02
07-17-2002, 08:42 PM
i want to get XCT holeshot for my 300ex, although is that the same hieght as the stock tires? will it still make me go faster? traction good? anyone got them?:confused:

07-17-2002, 08:47 PM
These tires will make you go slower: for one thing they about 4 times heavier, They will give you better traction due to a softer tread compnd and a wider part of the tire will be on the ground at all time. if you want holeshots i would go with the regular 4ply holeshot. At least that is my opinion.

Foxrage
07-17-2002, 09:04 PM
I have the regular 4ply XC holeshots and they have had more flats than my 2 ply mx holeshots or my turftamers im very unhappy with them.

07-17-2002, 09:07 PM
i used to run them on my quad when i ran district races and had no problem with them. and some of the tracks were rocky.

Ex'r Marlin
07-17-2002, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I got them. Like GNCCer said, they are definetly heavier, which will unfortunately rob some of your horsepower. The traction on them are great, but one thing that is awesome about the stock 300ex tires are that they are rounded, and when/if you get stock, if your tire rotates at full throttle, it literally increases the diameter significantly, allowing you a chance to get out. The stock rear tires allow the atv roll more in turns due to the design of the tire, where either lower diameter tires or "squared off" tire designs allow better control in turns.

To answer your question, the diameter of the stock tires and the XCT's are very close. Most likely, they will not make you go faster. They definetly have great traction.:)

Good luck!

300EXrider02
07-17-2002, 09:23 PM
well wut bout the xcr's? or anythin? i want somethin that doesnt make u lose ground clearence, good traction, good at turns and makes u go faster than the stock tires. is there anythin like that? thanks

Ex'r Marlin
07-17-2002, 09:47 PM
Oh yeah!:D The XCR's are awesome... And with the smaller diameter they have, I am sure you will be quicker!:cool: But the bad thing about these is that you loose alot of ground clearence.:( The XCR's are a little smaller and narrower than the 20" XC's, Maxxis Razr's and Shredders. I could be wrong, but I think the XCR's are even lighter then the others! (Definetly lighter than the 20" ITP XC).

My thoughts are if your stock tires are still in good condition, think about getting another set of rear rims and tires. That way if you go on trails requiring the highest ground clearence, you can choose your stockers.

Note: The 20" tires should increase your quickness, but will decrease your top end speed due to the fact that the larger the diameter the tire, the longer it gets to speed, but gives you a higher top end speed.

I think you will really like the XCR's... Untill you start hitting obstacles due to the lower ground clearance. If you hit alot of obstacles now with your skid plate using your stock tires, I would not recommend the ITP 20" XCR's.

toby400ex
07-18-2002, 10:56 PM
i just got razrs and i love them

07-19-2002, 11:31 AM
First of all, are going to do any racing,If so what kind.

TRFOXX
07-19-2002, 03:28 PM
I like my XCR's, as long as you lift your *** off the seat and watch out for objects the ground clearance thing isnt no big deal! There a great tire.

300EXrider02
07-20-2002, 11:06 PM
no racin, sometimes i will do hard trail riden, not as much otherwise it is fairly flatr where i am, but i want to be quicker but not loose ground clearence, is that possible?

Ex'r Marlin
07-21-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by 300EXrider02
I want to be quicker but not loose ground clearence, is that possible? Yes, it is possible, but not with tires. If you want to keep the same ground clearance, that means you will have to keep the same tire diameter, which will keep you as quick as you are now. If you go to a heavier tire than your stock tire, then you may notice it being more sluggish, even if you have more traction.:(

What is your main reason for keeping the same ground clearance? If you want to keep with a 22" rear tire, and you want to be "quicker", you can change your front sprocket to a 1 tooth smaller.... Which will help some, and then going to a "power up" kit should definetly help you be a little quicker. Remember, if you go to a 20" tire, most likely you will be "quicker".... But you will lose about 1" of ground clearance.