PDA

View Full Version : help - Maier Vented Hood for an 05

trx450Rdude
02-22-2006, 01:11 PM
Just got my new hood from Maier for my 05 450R. I read the brief insatlation instruction that say to remove the gromets that the stock hood sanpped into at the top. However when I do that the hole that is left is too big and the parts suplied that anchor the top of the new hood just slip right through that hole. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you remedy it? Thanks for any help.

trx450Rrider
02-22-2006, 02:26 PM
those rubber things that the hood came with are supposed to go on the other side of the holes which holds it in place.

gizmocor
02-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Put the bolt through the hood from the top, then slide the provided spacers on the bolt from the bottom. Next screw on the rubber nuts. Thats it. put the hood on. As you tighten the screw the nut pulls to the top of the rubber and it expands and tightens into the hole.......It's really a nice setup, little confusing to figure out is all.........

02-23-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by gizmocor
Put the bolt through the hood from the top, then slide the provided spacers on the bolt from the bottom. Next screw on the rubber nuts. Thats it. put the hood on. As you tighten the screw the nut pulls to the top of the rubber and it expands and tightens into the hole.......It's really a nice setup, little confusing to figure out is all.........

yep, just what he said :macho

also if you remove the hood you dont need to unscrew the top bolts all the way, you can take them about 3/4 the way out then just pull the spacers out, much easier if you ask me ;)