PDA

View Full Version : raptor mods

Honda_exrider
02-22-2006, 11:13 AM
what kind of mods would yall recommend to get more power or more torque out of the 660. and is it true that a stock rappy will beat a stock kfx400? thanx for your help
any posts are appreciated

fast raptor
02-22-2006, 11:29 AM
yes a stock rappy will tune evan a pipe and filtered kfx, the best way to get more power out of a rap would be to put a pipe and filter on it, and if you have the money go with a cam and a piston and maby porting.

Racing Rice
02-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Seems like I've answered this question recently...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=213088

Quad Boy 660r
02-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Yep, I would say you did. Anyhoo, get an exhaust, any exhuast. Then get an filter, Outerware, jet kit, and trash the lid. If you want (a lot) more torque, get a 12 tooth front sprocket. You will lose some top end, but that Kawi will still be far, far away.

Racing Rice
02-23-2006, 05:33 AM
Yes, anything you do to the Raptor will help. It just depends on your budget. The great part about the 660R is the motor. It responds VERY well to mods. Do the bolt-ons first. If you still want more power get into the motor.. Cams, Hi-Com pistons, headwork, etc... If that isn't good enough look into to Big Bore or stroker kits, I've seen the go as big as 770cc or so. If that isn't enough power for you... Buy a jet plane.:D

My suggestion is to work on the suspension first. That is the real weak point of the Raptor. Once you get that taken care of, you'll be amazed at how much harder and faster you will be riding. Then when you start adding power, the suspension will be able to keep up.

mdidonne
02-23-2006, 06:58 AM
Perfectly said Racing Rice.

tater_kamik
02-23-2006, 07:13 AM
cant go wrong with some bolt ons, and ill tell ya that i love my 686, very strong motor with a high comp piston and some head work. but not exactly great for the woods, kind of hard to handle especially with a twist throttle